• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Forkball

Zipzo says....

Yoshi colors are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, light blue, purple, black, pink.

RIP White Yoshi.

He also says Sheik's landing lag is almost nonexistent outside of using needles in the air.

Feltrol

Banned
I really, really want to see the Alph render. So hype!

Haha, amazing! Let him know we really appreciate his hard work.

tumblr_mpec3vfZ5D1rv3udbo1_500.jpg

Welcome to Smash Bros., Alph! :D

Kyzon

eh, he could be good. I just felt that resources could've went to another clone if Sakurai had choices.

I mean, with Uprising being a popular franchise and one of Sakurai's latest games it makes sense from a practical standpoint BUT what about Lucas? Wolf? I would've loved to have taken Lucas back over Dark Pit personally.

Well if Dark Pit takes other weapons then I'm all for it. I like the guy anyways.

Also, you'll have to scuse me, it seems like that is actually a black alt for pit with a purple sash.

Well if Dark Pit takes other weapons then I'm all for it. I like the guy anyways.

Also, you'll have to scuse me, it seems like that is actually a black alt for pit with a purple sash.

it's all good! Dark Pit will probably be an awesome character to play as. I loved him in Uprising so i'm excited regardless.

what i'm NOT excited about it the three week wait here in the US after it drops home in Japan...

Azure J

I'm attempting to get a picture of the fierce diety link.

- more experimentation with meta knight. His up b recover had a 2nd hit I hadn't noticed until now. At the peak of the recovery.

- you CANNOT cancel the dash ANIMATION. Only running with shield.

- Metaknight was given some
Harsh landing lag on his swipe aerials.

I need a better translation on this one. Does it mean the shield doesn't pop up (and thus cancel) during the initial running start up? If so then it's still just as the Brawl shield canceled runs were except with a faster recovery from dropping the shield.

i.e. We haven't gained or lost anything from when he mentioned that shield canceled dashes were a thing yesterday.

wonder how he managed to sneak that. wonder how he was even able to record footage. what sorcery is he using to make it look like hes not recording anything?

My parents at one point worked for a small video game store called Visual Rush their friend owned. Their friend also had his own magazine and my parents would go to E3 and my mom would sneak in this huge Canon camera (that she still owns and uses) into E3 and take pictures of all the games there for his magazine hahaha :p

Off Topic: Avatar Change! Too hyped for Samus. Fat Lucina will return when Lucina hype returns.

Speaking of which! Any Samus info??

TreIII

Zipzo talking about new stuff.

Olimar and Alph get a separate announcer voice
After every Gordo throw, if DDD presses side B again he won't throw anything until the next time he presses side B.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2foxur/if_zipzo_starts_dropping_info_tonight_this_is/

Excellent~! Likely means that Junior and the Koopalings will each get their own, too.

I can only wonder why if Olimar/Alph and (assuming) Jr./Koopalings were given this treatment, Peach/Daisy wasn't, as well.

Excellent~! Likely means that Junior and the Koopalings will each get their own, too.

I can only wonder why if Olimar/Alph and (assuming) Jr./Koopalings were given this treatment, Peach/Daisy wasn't, as well.

Oh man, now I hate you for bringing it up.

Pls patch in Sakurai. <3

Kyzon

it's all good! Dark Pit will probably be an awesome character to play as. I loved him in Uprising so i'm excited regardless.

what i'm NOT excited about it the three week wait here in the US after it drops home in Japan...

Three weeks of destiny for me :)

That should help the wait and keep me from getting too curious and spoiling the endings or whatever for me.

Masked Man

I said wow
• The music is just as godly as we anticipated. Extended "Full Steam Ahead" is gorgeous, the Reset Bomb Forest music is awesome: it's actually a medley of the themes from Chapters 12 and 11 (in that order). If only we could select music :/
• I didn't see any kick after Sonic's SideB...

So can someone summarise EVERYTHING from the past two days?

Had a double shift yesterday and started again early this morning and just got home now, so I've had no time to check out everything.

Nah, I just don't want to see the videos or whatever.
Spoilers are banworthy, so I should be safe enough.

I still wanna see how my peeps play though :3

I'm sure at the very least random matches that possibly don't showcase hidden characters should be fine.

I wonder what Sakurai has planned for the WiiU release to entice people to go twice? I know it's HD, blah blah but I mean mode wise. What could you possibly add to it besides maybe a custom stage maker? A more fleshed out story mode perhaps?

Forkball

I'm guessing it was just a timing thing. Sak and crew have to make TWO games at the SAME time without any delay whatsoever. You can only do so much. I would have liked to see everyone given at least one really different alt/costume. I would certainly love to see alt DLC post-release. For those that don't have extensive alts...

Sheik: SS Impa
Peach: Daisy
Mega Man: Proto Man
Rosalina: Jumpsuit
Palutena: Medusa or something I dunno
Pac Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Lucina: YUKATA
Mario: Vacation (though his AMERICA outfit is pretty out there)
DK: Boxing or Soccer DK
Link: Fierce Deity (looks like we are getting that, though we don't know how extensive)
Fox: Wolf (lol)
Bowser: Dry Bones Bowser
Luigi: Mr. L or Dr. Luigi
Toon Link: Outset Island gear
Sonic: Shadow
Marth: Like a billion FE characters who use rapiers
Zelda: Hilda
Lucario: Mewtwo (lol)
Diddy: Dixie
Ike: Like a billion FE characters who use greatswords

Etc.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
That Alph is clearly fake, it's just Olimar with Pikmin eyes photoshopped on.

Top Bottom