• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Deviousx

I was literally not looking forward to class today, but after that INTRO... LAWD! That seriously pumped me up! Dat chicks voice. *Kreygasm*

But dis demo... dis game... dis Playground Games. WOW! Once you're thrown into that first race, my goodness the game's visuals are just amazing.

Klocker

Racing is fun as hell. Feels like a perfect evolution of H1 in a way that just makes racing and traversing the environment cool as shit.

strata8

Took some screenshots around the start

15255462361_c3d659412e_o.png

Holy shit! I'm not usually one to rave about visuals, but that hill in the background... wow. Just incredibly, incredibly detailed.

FinKL

Are the vibrating impulse triggers working for this? I don't think i've "felt" it in the demo, but maybe i'm used to it to know the difference. I swear MS pushed it hard on Forza when it first launched so I assumed it would be in this.

ElNino

That looks gorgeous.

Could you guys recommend a good wheel for the Xbone? Money no object. Can't wait to play this.
I think the only "good" wheel available for Xbox One is the Thrustmaster TX 458, although it doesn't seem to be quite as well made as some of the other Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheels. General opinion from F5 is that the FFB is quite good though.

There is a Madcatz FFB as well, but I haven't heard great things about it.

Chris1

£44.99 digital, looks like we might finally be starting to get competitive pricing with retail. Hopefully this sort of pricing carries onto other games.

Ape

Banned
The character models don't change their clothes when it rains. lol. These guys are standing there in sweaters and button downs with their sleeves rolled up and it's pouring. Looks dumb.

HeliosT10

Nope. Launch trailer had a song. This has a voice over of a girl promising you racing wonders.

After the live action intro there is another intro section that's in-game with the cars arriving at the harbor and then heading off to the festival. Hopefully people haven't skipped it :)

sirap

check out thrustmaster tx

I think the only "good" wheel available for Xbox One is the Thrustmaster TX 458, although it doesn't seem to be quite as well made as some of the other Thrustmaster or Fanatec wheels. General opinion from F5 is that the FFB is quite good though.

There is a Madcatz FFB as well, but I haven't heard great things about it.

Got it, will check the Thrustmaster out.

Daffy Duck

Must have changed the price then, it's £44.99 on the UK marketplace for me right now.

Just checked smartglass, yep it's £44.99 for the day one edition too, was £49.99 earlier.

Amazing price, same as UK retail. I'm going to order it for that price via digital.

Seanspeed

Banned
This game makes me think that Forza 6 will be amazing. Turn 10 must have learned a lot of harsh lessons.
Forza 5 was a perfectly good game. It got drowned in the microtransaction controversy, but that has all been dealt with and isn't an issue anymore.

But yea, I fully expect Forza Motorsport 6 to be absolutely amazing.

Gestault

Are the vibrating impulse triggers working for this? I don't think i've "felt" it in the demo, but maybe i'm used to it to know the difference. I swear MS pushed it hard on Forza when it first launched so I assumed it would be in this.

It's been in all the earlier builds shown to the press, and I've seen it commented on more than once by NeoGAF players. Not sure.

Hip Hop

Be honest guys. Is this Xbox one killer app?

I'm confident that the game is amazing, without even playing it.

Will that translate into great sales for the Xbox One? who knows.

Downloading, hope to play tonight.

Never played the first one - what's the deal? Why so hype?

Because it was the best racing game last gen, the first Horizon! It made me buy an Xbox One just for this game.

The open world aspect, customization, social features, amazing car physics, great graphics. It looks to have it all on this sequel.

Cancelled

Neo Member

Just giving a sneak preview to a friend has made him buy one straight up online. We have some 2 games + console bundles going for RRP. all the time in Australia so it's never a bad time to jump in.

Gestault

Knowing my track record, it'll be my favorite game of the next five years, and it'll sell 12 copies. Seriously though, so long as it has visibility, this seems to hit all the beats that make a game fun to play. I hope that's enough.

Top Bottom