• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Phinor

Basically more Forza Horizon, with slightly more open world. It's still not quite open world though, everywhere you look they've blocked areas and routes (not talking about demo limits here). Sometimes the blocks look natural like stone fences and stuff like that, but at other times it's a perfectly fine looking but different type of hill that is simply undrivable. Instead of being a hill you can drive on like that other hill right next to it, it's an invisible wall.

Couple of other annoying things: can't turn radio volume to zero, can't disable the tutorial voice that constantly stops your movement in menus etc. But it was the same crap in original Forza Horizon, just have to live with it, or not buy the game which is the way I'm leaning right now. I was hoping the game would be much more than Forza Horizon (which I liked) but it's mostly the same game with new environment and visually nice weather that doesn't seem to affect driving much at all.

I prefer The Crew over FH2 right now but it seems like most people lean the other way. They are actually pretty different games now that I've tried both. Visually FH2 is clearly ahead, but 60fps vs 30fps is a huge factor too and The Crew seems to offer 60 on PC.

Kssio_Aug

This game is BEAUTIFUL!!
And playing it at 1st person, even with a controller, is crazy shit!! lol So exciting to drive and go offroad running throuhg those bushes and fences! 8)

Also, this games controls amazingly well!
This is my racing game of dreams! T-T

G Rom

Another two gifs :
aeN0q3.gif

YV8w4k.gif

Enjoyed the demo a lot. Game looks only a little better then Forza 5 (the crowds are 3D tho) but the driving was a lot of fun. Looks good during night and when its raining. Can't really decide on which view I like the best.

Excited to try out MP later.

Cancelled

Neo Member
I can see the speed traps being one of my favourite things to do in this game once we get tuning for gearing etc.

Getting top times on them is going to be a fucking blast for me.

timlot

Banned
driving through the fields in cockpit cam with a wheel is insane lol

Unbelievable, I don't have a big catalog of racing games to reference to, but that made me feel something I never felt in a racing game. Damn, Im going to be poor with all these games this fall.

Hey Lukas! Funny running into you on here lol.

I just texted my brother to download the demo. The annoying shit took ages to do it because he was too busy playing League of Legends.

I can't wait to play this tonight :D

Sup man :D, yeah I just saw you come online just as I was coming off a minute ago.

Absolutely loved what I played of the demo, the only reason I stopped was because I'm starving, lmao. Gonna cook some dinner then jump straight back on it.

And those plane races! LOVE them. So incredibly tense, I love how the screen shakes as they approach you overhead. Amazing.

Day one on this bad boy.
It was a day one buy regardless :p

REV 09

Still getting used to the off-road but the game is fun and beautiful. The image quality is great. Love the music and the intro was amazing.

Spasm

Stuck at work... Can anyone tell me if there's a control scheme for throttle/brake on the right stick? FH1 didn't have it, and I had a real hard time playing cause of it.

Top Bottom