• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

JaggedSac

I had to, lol. I love that one could really screw up and crash into/be devastated by the scenery around you during a race.

That "oh crap" moment at the trees worked out..lol.

I was grinning like a mad man when I made it out unscathed lol. Online races are going to be absolutely nuts on this game.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Took some more

15072494579_2d1e930462_o.png

15236239966_a14efd7838_o.png

15256144281_84c8e96994_o.png

15236234696_3ed2a439d8_o.png

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I can't wait to get home and try this. Looks like there are no negative opinions about it. I'm excited!

shandy706

15236239966_a14efd7838_o.png

Man...that image quality!!!#@!#

...and those are straight frame grabs?!!

Darn near photomode if it weren't for the VERY small amount of aliasing here and there.

The_Monk

Is there a clip of someone listening to the rain with the car stopped? It looks so good, I would just listen to rain + motor screaming all day.

Can a Car game be Game of the year ? Holy shit this game is amazing, seriously, wtf, Playground must be a team of fucking wizards, the moment you hear that start menu music, its over lol

Playing the game with your xbox set to 720p makes the image a lot softer, very much like the original horizon image quality wise..

It's what I have to play it in anyway and it looks great.

Kssio_Aug

This game is superb! I really really really hope it get the GotY 2014! By the demo I can see that they deserve it! Thats how you do a damn game!

I love the lighting in this game in the day time. It gives the hills and mountains on the horizon
lol
a hazy look that's just s so visually pleasing. And the increased IQ due to it being 1080p really does the game justice. Environments are beautiful, crisp, and colourful.

Caayn

Cygnus

Banned
Loading times have always been long in every Forza game. 'General feel of the game' is about as vague a comment as I could imagine. I dunno. It lacked some content because of being a launch game and everything being rebuilt for next-gen, but that wasn't a 'harsh lesson', that was just the reality of the situation. Wasn't anything they messed up or anything. :/

I went back and played Forza 2 a few weeks ago, the load times must have been half the time 4's are, it was crazy.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hey FordGTGuy, try and use a different image hosting site. Imgur compresses images and makes them look worse than they should. Just some advice!

p3tran

Banned
I played the free demo and was really turned off with how menus worked, loading times, and just the general feel of the game. This is coming from someone who owns every Forza game released. Forza 5 wasn't bad, but compared to what other racing games offer these days it felt sparse.

compared to what other racing games offer these days, forza motorsport is king
go drive a fast car on the ring and return here to tell me otherwise

general feel of the game is so greatly improved in 5, that if you go back to 4 it seems ..simple.
then you have the laser tracks and the better physics and sound etc etc etc.

and they managed to do it day 1 too.

plus,
whatever you see here in horizon, it simply would not exist in this beautiful state without t10 providing the engine, cars, physics etc

so pay respect where you have to.

It's so exhilarating to go off-road, straight into a field full of corn or poppy's, using the mini-map as a guide when to turn because you can hardly see anything.

This game is just a joy to play. Pure fun. Whoever it was that thought to mix the festival atmosphere with an open-world racer deserves a medal.

MXRider

Anyone have a glitch he where your controllers stop working? They even stay on if I turn the console off. Only way to fix if is a hard reset which means u have to start the demo over.

The_Monk

we think alike, monk. here you go:

link

fake edit: LOOK AT THIS GAME

Thank you so much for this fellow GAFfer, I even heard the storm! It's so pretty, so, so pretty. I want to play with you all... :'( feed me more, please!

7L737o6.gif

That clip is on repeat now, by the way! Can't stop watching it.

Top Bottom