• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

No assists, cockpit view, off-road = AWESOME

Anyone saying this game doesn't differentiate between off-road handling with the hyper/supercars obviously hasn't adjusted the settings away from the automatic difficulty default which keeps things far more arcadey and easy. LOVE the on- and off-road intensity. Just from the demo, this is likely to be the best console racer since RSC2. You nailed it, Playground/Turn 10/MS. Abso-fucking-lutely nailed it.

Seanspeed

Banned
I don't think a year with: Infamous SS, Titanfall, Watchdogs_, Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, TLOUR:Remaster, Destiny, Drive Club, among other titles is weak by any meaning
The Witcher 3 isn't coming out this year. And two of those aren't even new titles. Infamous will be forgotten very quickly. Watch Dogs, the same. Destiny is a disappointment. TitanFall is good, but not quite great yet.

I'd agree that its been a somewhat weak year.

Anyways, this wont ever win GoTY simply because its an XB1 exclusive.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Hey FordGTGuy, try and use a different image hosting site. Imgur compresses images and makes them look worse than they should. Just some advice!

Gotcha, guess I'll have to renew my Photobucket account so it doesn't die from hosting it.

MidtownMadness31080pScreenShot2014-09-1612-46-07.png~original

MidtownMadness31080pScreenShot2014-09-1612-31-16.png~original
]
MidtownMadness31080pScreenShot2014-09-1612-35-43.png~original

MidtownMadness31080pScreenShot2014-09-1612-33-56.png~original

B3N1

Oh shit. I started the download on Smartglass when it became available, had the X1 in Instant-On since morning, just came home to find the Demo in the Queue, then starting to download. Can it be played at a certain percentage or will I have to wait for the 100%? (actually it's downloading pretty fast now)

There is, justed checked.

Could someone check if there is a way to make clutch RB without having to use the RS to shift (so it stays X and B)? Using LB for Clutch is totally pointless in my opinion. Who would drive that way IRL? You can't brake while shifting down?

Stig94

Neo Member
If I want to try one of the other cars do I have to restart the demo?

Or does it save progress and I have to buy the other 2 another way?

Salvadora

I don't think a year with: Infamous SS, Titanfall, Watchdogs_, Halo MCC, Sunset Overdrive, TLOUR:Remaster, Destiny, Drive Club, among other titles is weak by any meaning
Some of those titles have yet to be released, one is a remaster, and others haven't been critically (or by consumers) well received compared to expectations.

Compared to previous years, as of this moment in time, it is a weak year for 'AAA' games.

bedlamite

Well, since you wanted to do the list thing:

Infamous is a very pretty game which is far too light on content. Nope

Titanfall also suffered from content and longevity issues. Nope

Watchdogs was too rough and unpolished. Nope

Halo MCC is a best-of collection, no? Even though the game's been remastered and everything, I don't think it's fair that a reissue should be a contender

Sunset Overdrive is a definite contender, yeah.

TLou: As above, remasters shouldn't be in the running for GoTYs

Destiny: lol

DriveClub: Definite contender, although FH2 seems to be lightyears ahead in the fun category

FH2 is an easily accessible game that's highly polished and great to play, it might not top everybody's GoTY lists but top 5 easily

ElNino

How do you start multiplayer in the demo? I selected online freeroam but the message at the top just says something like "Searching for online session". Is there something I'm missing or was the matchmaking just not working for me?

Also, wow at the sound when the planes fly over you.

Can't get the demo to download via SmartGlass. Either the "loading" icon keeps spinning or I get an error message that says "Something Went Wrong." Yes. Yes it did. I've tried a force-close, anyone know what might be happening? Would like to have this ready to go for when I get home tonight!

ParityBit

Stupid question ...

Whats the point of the game? Is it just open world racing or are there challenges (like the Kudos challenges in PGR)?

Also, thank you for Smartglass! It will be all ready when I get home now.

FH2 won't be game of the year because sadly so many game sites are so shooter/3d person focussed that driving games are seen as a weird fetish.

There was so much nonsense when FM5 launched. And watching pro critic after pro critic playing with the driving line on - knowing they would never get any deeper into the game than that.

(Full disclosure - I used to do that job for years, didn't leave the line on though!)

Timmay

Banned
Stupid question ...

Whats the point of the game? Is it just open world racing or are there challenges (like the Kudos challenges in PGR)?

Also, thank you for Smartglass! It will be all ready when I get home now.

It's open world racing and closed circuit racing. You can drive wherever you want, and if you see a closed-circuit event that you feel like taking part in, stop there and start the race.

Setting the Steering and Damage to Simulation really makes you have to watch yourself...I think I had one race where I was doing the cross country event and blew a tire out going for first

Setting the Steering and Damage to Simulation really makes you have to watch yourself...I think I had one race where I was doing the cross country event and blew a tire out going for first

Yeah, I had a hard time keeping the Koenigsegg under control with the sim setting. Difficult, but very rewarding.

Top Bottom