• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wada a LIAR, DQIX dated for March 2009.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Case said:
I doubt that seeing as how DQ9 will by far outsell everything else theyre putting out combined/

guess why most developers want to be publishers , it's still not their game , they just got the deal money ( to make the game ) from the publisher nothing more nothing less , so when the game sells shitton SE will swim in the money ocean not Level-5 .

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Totobeni said:
guess why most developers want to be publishers , it's still not their game , they just got the deal money ( to make the game ) from the publisher nothing more nothing less , so when the game sells shitton SE will swim in the money ocean not Level-5 .

You dont shit on a contract for a game that big. It isnt good business. DQ IX has been in the works since before probably a majority of their games. If they are swamped, its their own fault

duckroll

Great animation FMV, but that's not the entire trailer. There' a good 2+ minutes more that's all realtime gameplay footage. I think we'll like to see that more than the FMV. Come on awesome guy that uploaded that to youtube! Upload the rest! Please! :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Darkman M said:
Awesome definitely gotta get a ds for this one.

how about getting a ds for dq IV ? :D

@trailer
i`d kill for the full version.. :-/

duckroll

Okay, so it wasn't just a typo in the press release. The trailer clearly says "Developed by Level 5, Square Enix"......

I wonder who in Square Enix is working on this. ^^;;;

Aeana

That trailer looks like the one they showed at TGS last year... since there's supposedly 2+ minutes more to it, I hope they showed a bunch of different stuff. But if it's' the same as the one they showed last year, that is so stupid.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aeana said:
That trailer looks like the one they showed at TGS last year... since there's supposedly 2+ minutes more to it, I hope they showed a bunch of different stuff. But if it's' the same as the one they showed last year, that is so stupid.
But we never saw that one anyway. :(

Aeana

Some new stuff... new menu design, and it shows the hero named "Nine" with class "warrior" at level 27. I see little bits of what could be a story, so this makes me happy. It seems like it really could be DQ3 again.

It's also very weird to see furigana in a DQ game.

jeremy1456

Aeana said:
Some new stuff... new menu design, and it shows the hero named "Nine" with class "warrior" at level 27. I see little bits of what could be a story, so this makes me happy. It seems like it really could be DQ3 again.

That would be awesome, because DQIII is my favorite one.

Rpgmonkey

Hmm, there are more games with fairly appealing 3D on the DS appearing now. Yay.

Aeana said:

This is delightful news. :)

Aeana

I don't know. I'm not sure I'm happy about it. Horii made some really excellent strides in the later DQ games with characters. His take on party characters has always been unique, and I'll be pretty sad to return to the soulless characters from DQ3.

cw_sasuke

Himuro said:
Some of those pics have some of the best graphics I've seen on the ds.

Yup, this looks just awesome - Level is pushing the DS hard on this one.

@Aena
thx, for the informations :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looks amazing, getting DQ3 vibes from it... And that's great because that's my favorite in the series.

Aeana

And the writeup about the trailer at Game Watch pretty much confirms that it's the same video they showed at TGS last year. Shows the FMV stuff; some battles; three classes: warrior, mage, priest; Luida's tavern; Dharma temple; and so on.

cw_sasuke

Aeana said:
And the writeup about the trailer at Game Watch pretty much confirms that it's the same video they showed at TGS last year. Shows the FMV stuff; some battles; three classes: warrior, mage, priest; Luida's tavern; Dharma temple; and so on.

So the game development is already finished since 07 and was just held back by wada/se to make sure that they release it when the ds hits 25 mil ? :lol

i kid (did i ?) , thx for the infos... :)

Aeana

cw_sasuke said:
So the game development is already finished since 07 and was just held back by wada/se to make sure that they release it when the ds hits 25 mil ? :lol

i kid (did i ?) , thx for the infos... :)

Well... I'm hoping that they just didn't want to blow the new stuff at Nintendo's conference, and that they'll show it at the DQ stage event at TGS. But I think I shouldn't get my hopes up, since the primary function of that event is the Battle Road tournament.

cw_sasuke

Aeana said:
Well... I'm hoping that they just didn't want to blow the new stuff at Nintendo's conference, and that they'll show it at the DQ stage event at TGS. But I think I shouldn't get my hopes up, since the primary function of that event is the Battle Road tournament.

Man, what a letdown....I expected a big revelation at tgs, doesn`t Square Enix have a show-programm only for Dragon Quest 9 planned there ? I mean it`s their biggest 09...

Rpgmonkey

Nothing annoys me more about that video than seeing this kickass monk-looking dude run in like things just started to get good, and it cuts off.

Top Bottom