• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Driveclub doesn't look anywhere near as good in stills as it does in motion.

In motion it looks much better than the new Forza.

Yet the Forza photo mode is misleading everyone on the internets into thinking the extra processing and effects pumped into the screens is a representation of the real gameplay visuals. Which it is not. Not even close.

Dave_6

Testing out my new capture card :D If anyone knows how to change the screenshot directory on the Elgato HD60 please tell me, my desktop is getting spammed with screenshots.

driveclubschermafbeelxcf6z.png

driveclubschermafbeel2tdys.png

driveclubschermafbeelwgc3p.png

LOVE the lighting in these shots.

Noobcraft

Driveclub doesn't look anywhere near as good in stills as it does in motion.

In motion it looks much better than the new Forza.

Yet the Forza photo mode is misleading everyone on the internets into thinking the extra processing and effects pumped into the screens is a representation of the real gameplay visuals. Which it is not. Not even close.
One of these is straight from gameplay. One is photomode. Don't tell me that it's "not even close".
ibd4RkiYJuypHQ.png

iiiH93YiibhUb.png

-griffy-

Banned
One of these is straight from gameplay. One is photomode. Don't tell me that it's "not even close".
ibd4RkiYJuypHQ.png

iiiH93YiibhUb.png

I think we've seen enough of these comparisons in this thread, but if you want to keep posting them then using 720p grabs really doesn't help illustrate the true differences between gameplay/photo mode by the way. You are downsampling the 1080p frame to 720p which will help the aliasing missed by the MSAA and bring the gameplay more in line with the supersampling the photo mode adds.

Noobcraft

I think we've seen enough of these comparisons in this thread, but if you want to keep posting them then using 720p grabs really doesn't help illustrate the true differences between gameplay/photo mode by the way. You are downsampling the 1080p frame to 720p which will help the aliasing missed by the MSAA and bring the gameplay more in line with the supersampling the photo mode adds.
That's true. Its still pretty easy to tell which is which if you know what to look for but the point stands that it really isn't that different from photomode to gameplay. You can see how it softens the shadows, adds super sampling, and changes the lighting a bit but it's still very close.

TheMoon

Photo Mode

I thought we came to the agreement here to label photo mode shots as such in the post.

Anyway, here's some shots from a game that has no cars: (lol)
The latest Metroid adventure on Wii U:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01d6xyh.jpg

And here I'm being chased by a talking screen:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_019obwh.jpg

EBE

driveclub isn't really wowing me as much as I thought it would.
screenshots don't look too hot. some at least. at times it can look quite striking.

screenshots don't look too hot. some at least. at times it can look quite striking.

The aliasing is present in game, but there's a lot of things going on when it's in motion that make the still pics look noticeably worse. I still think it looks good in screens, but it really is stunning when it's running on a display in front of you

I expect it to look amazing in screenshots once the photo mode is available, as of now it's not doing much for me in stills.

I don't like the look of the tarmac. Maybe Evo found roads were like that on their travels, but the size of bitumen pieces seem unnaturally large.

Eh it is probably in India, you see all types of roads there...

Anyway, could do with some better texture filtering. Otherwise, looks great.

Top Bottom