• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

The Evil Within Avatar Train is baaack! TEW TEEEW.

m9iLxKW.png

Oh my gosh this is so awesome! Thanks so much!

Man, this game really seemed to grab me out of nowhere. I wasn't really paying any attention to it until that Every Last Bullet trailer came out. The more I see of it, the more convinced I am that this game is going to be something pretty special. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Steez

Alright, finally bought the digital edition. I'm ready to take the final step and board the hype train, guys.

All I'm missing is an Evil Within-ized avatar. wink wink

Sanctuary

I'm not even a little bit tempted to watch footage now that we're so close. I sit here and I wait for release.

I sit. I wait.

I'll be sitting here waiting for the PS4 that I purchased early for this (LOL) to arrive tomorrow. Then I'll be sitting here waiting for GMG to actually send the keys over the next few days. Then I'll be sitting here waiting Tuesday at hopefully 12am - 3am EST for the game to unlock, so I can load it up, play for a bit and think "Hmm, this is actually running just fine at 1080p on my much more powerful than either of the next gen systems that is also simulteneously outdated compared to them by one game" only to get drops down to 20fps, get pissed at wasting my money on the PC version and then sleeping it off until the next day when the PS4 version arrives...after everyone else has beaten it.

Then I'll just have to be one of the first to beat Akumu mode. With my fists.

On a happy note, fucking around with FF13 on my tv in 720p made me realize it actually doesnt look that bad with proper AA so if my 2gb card cries at 1080 i think ill still have a good time at 720p. //Lowered expectations

That's virtually the same thing outside of how well textures scale.

Anyone want to guess the meta critic average just for kicks? I'm going with 84.

I still don't see the draw to that site. It's literally the IGN of aggregate sites.

It's almost as though no one even knows this site exists or something.

Morue

So apparently there's no english voices in non-english speaking european countries. What the hell Bethesda? Are we back in the 80's? Had to cancel my french preorder and go to amazon UK instead...

Jb

So apparently there's no english voices in non-english speaking european countries. What the hell Bethesda? Are we back in the 80's? Had to cancel my french preorder and go to amazon UK instead...

Really? God fucking dammit. I was just about to head to République to pick up a copy.
They did the same shit with Dishonored I remember. Why the fuck would you do that? Guess I'll just pick up a copy on the US PSN then (60USD=47EUR, 44GBP=55EUR).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Awful, at least they could have given us the option to change the camera.

Mikami pls.

You can tell gstaff in yesterday's live gameplay demo on twitch really had trouble with the camera, shit this could be a huge contra for the game.

Steez

Wait... wat? Is this cereal?

Apparently it is. A few pages back, I posted a link to the Bethesda forums where the Community Manager confirmed as much, although he didn't seem to be 100% sure. But given Bethesda's track record with console games and English VA in non-English speaking countries... let's just say I wouldn't bet on it.

Really? God fucking dammit. I was just about to head to République to pick up a copy.
They did the same shit with Dishonored I remember. Why the fuck would you do that? Guess I'll just pick up a copy on the US PSN then (60USD=47EUR, 44GBP=55EUR).

Yup, that's what I did. Better safe than sorry.

Awful, at least they could have given us the option to change the camera.

Mikami pls.

You can tell gstaff in yesterday's live gameplay demo on twitch really had trouble with the camera, shit this could be a huge contra for the game.
Maybe the PC version will have some camera tweaks. Maybe.

Sanctuary

...but besides a few points difference every game has the same score, as it should be. Why should someone choose GR over MC? Seems like preference more than anything else.

A lot of people use Meta for the user reviews (which I would absolutely never do for many reasons). Both sites have flaws, but Gamerankings is also game specific and I don't have to filter through a bunch of non gaming related reviews.

Coen

Son apparently there's no english voices in non-english speaking european countries. What the hell Bethesda? Are we back in the 80's? Had to cancel my french preorder and go to amazon UK instead...

Are you serious? I have a 42 euro pre-order up at amazon.fr.

I wanted to start on casual on first playthrough and i hadn't noticed so far but apparently there is auto-aim on casual difficulty

PR43Xgmh.jpg

Yikes... i'll avoid it like a plague

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Apparently it is. A few pages back, I posted a link to the Bethesda forums where the Community Manager confirmed as much, although he didn't seem to be 100% sure. But given Bethesda's track record with console games and English VA in non-English speaking countries... let's just say I wouldn't bet on it.
I can confirm it's true. Just called my game shop and they said that there is no English VO in the German/Austrian version. Unforunately they already sent it.

What. a. fucking. bullshit.

It's like we're back in the 90s. Shit makes my blood boil.

Sn4ke_911

I can confirm it's true. Just called my game shop and they said that there is no English VO in the German/Austrian version. Unforunately they already sent it.

Gameware? they changed audio from german and english to german only.

Seriously, this is indeed fucking bullshit. gstaff get in here.

Also, they have the game already if anyone wants to grab it.

http://www.gameware.at/info/space/The+Evil+Within?actionTag=front:cover

Lerozz

Aw, crap. My regular online shop seems to ship the game early and there is no english voice over. Ugggggghhhhhhhh ...

Are there any (german) samples of this atrocity ?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member

What in the fuck...

I will take my business outside of the country, thank you.

This is rubbish, sadly i read this just hours after my order has been sent out for shipping.
why did they do this, i can understand in tight spaces but every time i aim, what a joke.

Edit: yay! I called up and my pre-order hasn't been sent out just yet, and i managed to cancel at the last minute.
Will wait for more gaf impressions instead, if they changed the camera so drastically who knows what else they changed from the first few trailers i saw.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Random points:

-Few drops but nothing major
-Loading times reduced from the previews
-Option for graphic content (off/on)
-Cutscenes can be skipped on first playthrough
-You can lower the difficulty in game. (restarts the chapter)

Yager

Banned
Ok, I can't hold it anymore. Was going to wait since this month I already got FH2 and will be getting SO, but I can't resist anymore. I'll get it day one.

Sn4ke_911

Does twitch not give a fuck anymore? i can see two live streams on twitch.

No bannerino?

Random points:

-Few drops but nothing major
-Loading times reduced from the previews
-Option for graphic content (off/on)
-Cutscenes can be skipped on first playthrough
-You can lower the difficulty in game. (restarts the chapter)

Which platform are you playing it?

Was it with a lot of enemies on screen?

Top Bottom