• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Good games boutdown. Crazy battles. Keep it up. I had fun like always. I added your stream/twitch page to my favorites. I'll be following you on Twitch TV.

sasuke_91

Thanks for watching the stream guys.

I've only watched a few matches in the beginning. Great matches. That DEEstroyer has a really solid Hwoarang. I'd like to play him someday.
Hwoarang/Jin is a very popular team. I didn't really get very far with them, though.

Now for some recommendations:
Clannad After Story is very emotional and still one of the best rated anime on MAL (although this means nothing). One has to force himself through the rather lame first season of Clannad, but it's definitely worth it.
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki is my favourite movie (saying this is not easy, considering how many great Ghibli movies there are). A girl falls in love with a boy who is half wolf and marries him. The story is about how she struggles to raise her half wolf, half human children after her husband dies. Beautiful story with great visuals.
A Mushishi is some kind of exorcist who researches "Mushi", the most basic form of life. Whenever they come in contact with human beings, something strange happens. 26 short stories with some of the best story-telling I know. Season 2 is currently airing.
Barakamon is a great comedy anime if you just want to relax. Reminds me a lot of Yotsubato, one of my favourite manga out there, which is probably why I like Barakamon so much.

Dereck

DEE is great, yeah, we he gets serious it's amazing how close some of our matches get. Dude definitely has better execution than I however.

sasuke_91

DEE is great, yeah, we he gets serious it's amazing how close some of our matches get. Dude definitely has better execution than I however.
For characters like Jin, AKing or Mishimas proper execution is definitely important.
My execution has improved a lot in these past few months, but I still tend to overestimate myself and try way more than I'm capable of. JFSR when I panic or am cornered/low on health is definitely going to fail, so why do I even try? A blocked JFSR is not even dramatic, it's only -10 and a jab doesn't reach because of the pushback, but a blocked Sky Rocket is definitely going to send me flying. That shit is -17!

Sayah

where kenshin at doe

Ruroni Kenshin?

I don't think I ever watched that.

DEATH™;133710746 said:
Yeah, where's Kenshin yo? Even Ippo isn't on the list...

But yeah... I got most of them watched already sayah lol. (I approve of your taste yo. Trigun FTW). But right now, as much as I love my action themed anime, I'm currently in hooked with slice of life stuff. Maybe I am getting older lol.

Seriously Sayah, try them out... most of them are short series' anyway so you can finish them by like 3 hours. This is my first recommendation. Promise, you will get your butt kicked because of feels...

Watch it, then I'll give you some more recommendations if you liked it... Be sure to finish it though lol...

(This is not only exclusive to sayah but also to tekken gaf as well. If you finish this series I'll write a long post about my experience at strongstyle and other exclusive pics lol)...

I've only watched a few matches in the beginning. Great matches. That DEEstroyer has a really solid Hwoarang. I'd like to play him someday.
Hwoarang/Jin is a very popular team. I didn't really get very far with them, though.

Now for some recommendations:
Clannad After Story is very emotional and still one of the best rated anime on MAL (although this means nothing). One has to force himself through the rather lame first season of Clannad, but it's definitely worth it.
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki is my favourite movie (saying this is not easy, considering how many great Ghibli movies there are). A girl falls in love with a boy who is half wolf and marries him. The story is about how she struggles to raise her half wolf, half human children after her husband dies. Beautiful story with great visuals.
A Mushishi is some kind of exorcist who researches "Mushi", the most basic form of life. Whenever they come in contact with human beings, something strange happens. 26 short stories with some of the best story-telling I know. Season 2 is currently airing.
Barakamon is a great comedy anime if you just want to relax. Reminds me a lot of Yotsubato, one of my favourite manga out there, which is probably why I like Barakamon so much.
Thanks. Bookmarked for later viewing.

DEATH™

http://www.crunchyroll.com/rurouni-kenshin

I've been meaning to get into it myself. I heard the anime doesn't adapt the whole thing, so I'm not sure if I should go with the manga instead.

Here's a tip. Watch till episode 66 then stop. The rest are filler arcs. Then watch the OVAs (Trust and Betrayal mostly, Reflection is almost canon aside from the ending arc...)

Seriously, its one of the hallmark animes of all time. One that makes the genre stand out...

AAK

... it could be

4615.jpg

:p

AAK

TTT2 on stream now!

LingMassacre on commentary!

http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

EDIT:

Paul + CH + rage + wall = 123 damage in 2 hits

Fun fact, that first 3 hit string from Paul that caused the stun (that you need to techroll) is what caused one of Montreal's best King players to quit the series. That exact thing happened to him during a tournament where he then got deathfisted into a wall to die after he was nearly full health.

Sayah

Ninth pixel and I are playing if anyone wants to join

Edit and he's streaming:

http://www.twitch.tv/ninthpixel

NinthPixel is really good. Got really great sidestepping and throw breaking.

Duck fuck fuck fuck fuck this game brings the salt

It can be really frustrating but at the same time, it's too addictive and it's hard to let go. I was planning to continue studying this night. But I was in heavy need of a break and decided I would go at it for no more than one hour..........that one hour turned into three hours. :/

And now I'm behind. Supposed to finish research proposal for the thesis and another paper for a class. :/ :/ :/ :/

Rheon

Catalina concept art:

Not showing up for some reason, check the link.

Claudio CG and concept art:
019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

From this interview

Some interesting parts (I'm going off a Google translation so not sure how accurate these are):

- Harada wanted to implement online cross-arcade play since T5 but the time wasn't right.

- The loketest build was at 50% development progress. The current build is at 70%.

- Christie and/or Eddy may not be in it? (something about their movement being hard to reproduce)

I wish Catalina looked more like that in-game. Her proportions look weird and her hair is a different color. I hope her glasses can at least be removed.

GrayFoxPL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

i9nuF7D0BkfLx.gif

iSMEF6p3LZeKC.gif

Amazing, INSANE finals!

Those setups and resets with Kaz Kodee did should be compiled into tutorial.

Sayah

I used google translate on that 4gamer article. Seems like the location test version was 50% complete. And Harada said the location test version was two months old. Currently, Tekken 7 is at 70% complete.

This leads me to conclude/average out that they make 10% progress every month towards the game's completion.

We should be seeing Tekken 7 releasing in arcades around early 2015 (anywhere from January to April) then?

And I imagine they have Pokken saved for Late 2015 and will shift efforts on that once they finish Tekken 7.

And they'll likely have a separate team making all the single player content for Tekken 7 console release. Or maybe outsource it? Once they have the base game out and ready, then I'd imagine it becomes easier. Would be so cool if Tekken 7 was like Tekken 5. Separate mode like Devil Within and Tekken 1, 2, 3, 4, Tag and 5 all featured on disc. But that's a dream.

They may as well make a Tekken HD collection after Tekken 7.

GrayFoxPL

They're going quite fast with Tekken 7 development aren't they?

I'm guessing the game design and fighting engine was 90% complete unlike T6 where there wasn't even bound in loc test. Last 10% is maybe character and Rage arts Crush Arts(what was it called?) tuning?

So maybe they're basically working on graphics, engine optimization, models, stages at this point?

Tekken compilation in hub structure is my dream, all with improved Tag2 netcode ofcourse.

But it should be released at least half year before T7 on consoles.

Sayah

So many gifs on this page, haha. Sorry mobile users.

They're going quite fast with Tekken 7 development aren't they?

I'm guessing the game design and fighting engine was 90% complete unlike T6 where there wasn't even bound in loc test. Last 10% is maybe character and Rage arts Crush Arts(what was it called?) tuning?

So maybe they're basically working on graphics, engine optimization, models, stages at this point?

Tekken compilation in hub structure is my dream, all with improved Tag2 netcode ofcourse.

But it should be released at least half year before T7 on consoles.

Yeah, development seems to be progressing real fast. Then again, TTT2 released in 2012 so they had two years to make something. Everyone thought it was TKXSF but I guess that projects on hiatus now.

GrayFoxPL

So many gifs on this page, haha. Sorry mobile users.

Yeah, development seems to be progressing real fast. Then again, TTT2 released in 2012 so they had two years to make something. Everyone thought it was TKXSF but I guess that projects on hiatus now.

It could've been TKxSF.

I don't think those supers and power crush moves were originally an idea for Tekken 7.

TKxSF got dismantled into Tekken Revolution, Tekken 7 and Pokken.

But I really wanted to see that Ken in Tekken.

I guess my Heihachi Ken cosplay got to do for now.

Edit:
Wait, they still have the rights to use SF characters and they said there's more new characters in T7 coming.

Guest character Ken in Tekken 7 for a "test run"?

Not that unlikely.

Sayah

It could've been TKxSF.

I don't think those supers and power crush moves were originally an idea for Tekken 7.

TKxSF got dismantled into Tekken Revolution, Tekken 7 and Pokken.

But I really wanted to see that Ken in Tekken.

I guess my Heihachi Ken cosplay got to do for now.

Edit:
Wait, they still have the rights to use SF characters and they said there's more new characters in T7 coming.

Guest character Ken in Tekken 7 for a "test run"?

Not that unlikely.

I think they will still make TKXSF. I have a hard time believing they would pass up on the opportunity of using the Street Fighter brand name. Tekken 7 changes are probably them experimenting to see how well the game would work with some of these super/focus attack-type mechanics. They'll probably make even more radical changes for TKXSF.

Man, the TTT2 effects look so lame and non-flashy compared to T7 lol.

Despite being a great game, the red smudges really ruin the visual clarity on moves and animations in TTT2. This is what I like about Tekken 7. All those sparks to replace that big red smudge. The actions and animations look very clear and flashy as a result.

I don't think capos need a nerf, just being solo again takes a lot of the combo pain out of it for me. Still sucks to fight them, but it's a character designed to break the rules and nobody likes that.

Degen

I would be OK with Capo characters returning as long as they are seriously nerfed.
-no swirling
-no magical hitbox dodging garbage
-no twirling
-all stances are a default T-pose with no animation at all
-no whirling
-ONE spot on the character select screen. I don't care if there are six capos total namco there are like 10 buttons on a controller

Dereck

The only nerf I was talking about was, basically, make their launch punishable lows, more easy to launch punish, what I'm talking about is when my launch does not reach them after blocking a low, otherwise they're not hard to play against if you invite them to low parry city.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah fuck capos.

Handstand? Yeah you can forget about highs.

Relax? You can forget about your highs and most of your mids.

Fuck this shit.

Btw why don't they make capoeira primary "normal" standing on the ground style like others?

Excuse me for rudeness but I don't exactly remember Dacascos or Lateef Crowder spending most of the fights standing on their hands or in "please fuck me" position.

They could've make Capoaira actually fast paced and pretty brutal style in Tekken, not this annoying circus shit.

The only nerf I was talking about was, basically, make their launch punishable lows, more easy to launch punish, what I'm talking about is when my launch does not reach them after blocking a low, otherwise they're not hard to play against if you invite them to low parry city.

Yeah that's true, but I want that to be a system wide change. Tired of whiffing on blocked Dragon Tail. :(

Top Bottom