• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

Cannon Goose, what kind of graphics mod is that?

If you're talking about the blue aura dude, it isn't a mod. He's a level 2 Blue Sentinel, they get a cool neon blue aura around them. The same occurs for Brotherhood of Blood, just red instead of blue. Both of them also get an aura at rank 1, just it isn't as intense.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you're talking about the blue aura dude, it isn't a mod. He's a level 2 Blue Sentinel, they get a cool neon blue aura around them. The same occurs for Brotherhood of Blood, just red instead of blue. Both of them also get an aura at rank 1, just it isn't as intense.

I was thinking the stairs. They look way too detailed.

chunk3rvd

Can you still summon in Huntsman's Copse if the Skeleton Lords are dead? Was looking for a buddy to help clear the shitty path to the Chariot in NG+ but haven't seen any summon signs in a while

Can you still summon in Huntsman's Copse if the Skeleton Lords are dead? Was looking for a buddy to help clear the shitty path to the Chariot in NG+ but haven't seen any summon signs in a while

I think when the area boss is dead you can't summon anymore. With cases where there's an optional boss, I think the summon signs would only appear at the boss fog. I might be wrong, people may just not be placing their signs there.

Arjen

You can definitely summon at the second bonfire, did that a bunch of times.

neoism

They'll be dead in a while and won't spawn again.
yeah after like 3 try's I got the boss but I swear I killed like 30+ raindeer and even though they definitely didn't spawn as much they never fully stopped had to kill like 5 more my last run that greatsword is pretty good though. but fuck that area nevea again. but damn that red twin blade is soooogoood.png slowly getting ready for meh NG++ run. also guddamn that Darkkepper sword looks awesome but isn't very good plus it took me like 2 hours to farm lol. but the same red Phanthom invaded me 6 times and I got a good amount of souls.

I have had a rough couple of days in PVP and I'm finding it very difficult to actually compete against just about anyone. Most of my fights have ended like this...

http://a.pomf.se/ylhkko.webm

And I simply can't do anything about it. Rolling at the earliest possible moment will still land me in vacuum backstab territory. My connection is fine but I am just constantly being matched up with the most ridiculously laggy people and it's really getting on my nerves.

Mistel

Banned
What are your thoughts on the straight swords outside of the Longsword/Sun Sword/Drakekeeper's Sword PVP trio?
There's the possessed armor sword with flame self buff that's perfect for pyros, Heidi is well really strong, and vargarian is strongest in terms of physical damage but kinda low on the durability side.

The rest are alright or really gimmicky like the ivory straight sword and the puzzling stone sword are. Black dragon is outperformed by its greatsword version and that's about it really.

Mistel

Banned
yeah I love the look and all but still a shame it's only C/C scaling I have 75 str and 50 Dex and I only have a 350 something AR.
With 75/50 at max with a drakekeeper's sword you'd get ~372 AR only the sun sword with ~386 AR and the red rust which is the strongest at ~397 AR surpass it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There's the possessed armor sword with flame self buff that's perfect for pyros, Heidi is well really strong, and vargarian is strongest in terms of physical damage but kinda low on the durability side.

The rest are alright or really gimmicky like the ivory straight sword and the puzzling stone sword are. Black dragon is outperformed by its greatsword version and that's about it really.

I assume the fume sword and blue flame are good for their respective elemental builds?

Ruuppa

I assume the fume sword and blue flame are good for their respective elemental builds?

Fume has excellent reach and a good moveset, so it's really good for a Hexer. Blue Flame is good if you want to mix spells in with normal combat without using a staff. It's more for coolness than usefulness, although buffing it with Magic Weapon or a variant of it also gives spells cast with it a bonus. It also gives that 110 Critical to spells. Dual-wielding Blue Flames is a pretty cool combo.

Mistel

Banned
Blue flame pretty great like ruppa explains. But with fume you're better of with a dark sunsword or a drakekeepers sword both will deal higher damage both physical and dark plus have better scaling. Fume sword is not the best choice really.

Ruuppa

Blue flame pretty great like ruppa explains. But with fume you're better of with a dark sunsword or a drakekeepers sword both will deal higher damage both physical and dark plus have better scaling. Fume sword is not the best choice really.

Fume does have the range advantage, which I love, but damage-wise, yeah.. Not that amazing.

Edit: Actually, can't remember if it had more or equal than Drakekeeper's Sword.
Edit2: Fume is longer, and the moveset with the pokes, especially the rollpoke, greatly emphasize this.

Mistel

Banned
Fume does have the range advantage, which I love, but damage-wise, yeah.. Not that amazing.

Edit: Actually, can't remember if it had more or equal than Drakekeeper's Sword.
Drakekeeper's has more damage a dark one is 171/171 split compared to a dark fume 117/109 split. Fume even has low dark damage in the first place without infusion at 70 at max.

Ruuppa

Drakekeeper's has more damage a dark one is 171/171 split compared to a dark fume 117/109 split. Fume even has low dark damage in the first place without infusion at 70 at max.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying anything against that. Damage is the absolute worst thing about Fume Sword. If it were about 50 points higher on both damage types, it would be so much better, probably top tier. A lot of the DLC weapons suffer from low damage, which is a shame, since there are lots of cool ones with sweet movesets.

I still love the damn thing.

neoism

WOOOW That fucking Ancient Dragon :/ lol it took me about 20 tries but Finally killed him lol killed soo many invaders had like 1.5mil souls. Also Fuck the the Sanctum Princess Taira @_@ damn it took like 40 kills.. -__- lol not worth it
Also though if you just needing twinkling titanite I think I found the fastest way even though the run with the the 3 bones in the chest in the room with the puzzling sword is the best it does take like 2 minutes or more... well unless you skip the enemies.
But the very first bonfire in the first DLC you burn an BA you then warp to the second bonfire then go the where the repair tree is right before the little bridge you make is a corpse with 3 TT. then just feather out it takes about 1 minute or soo.. Still have the motherfucker Darklurker and a few things then time for NG++ still not sure though wish there was a way to make a copy of my save on a different spot... really don't want to give up PVP...

also this is old and probably been posted just seen it on the reddit.. im in tears..

NEO0MJ

Oh yeah, I'm not saying anything against that. Damage is the absolute worst thing about Fume Sword. If it were about 50 points higher on both damage types, it would be so much better, probably top tier. A lot of the DLC weapons suffer from low damage, which is a shame, since there are lots of cool ones with sweet movesets.

I still love the damn thing.

I wish it could have been power stanced with the Fume Ultra Greatsword for a unique moveset. Speaking of, how good is the Fume UGS considered? It seems to have good scaling, though the inability to boost it hurts.

Ruuppa

I wish it could have been power stanced with the Fume Ultra Greatsword for a unique moveset. Speaking of, how good is the Fume UGS considered? It seems to have good scaling, though the inability to boost it hurts.

S strength, D dexterity, 430 base. I'd say it's pretty nice. It's pretty damn popular among UGS users. More reach than KUGS, but is only Slash/Thrust.

Mistel

Banned
It's the second strongest of the ultra's at 50/50 with a nice moveset add to the defelction of weak attacks when two hand blocking plus the baneful bird ring and you've got a very nice shield too.

NEO0MJ

S strength, D dexterity, 430 base. I'd say it's pretty nice. It's pretty damn popular among UGS users. More reach than KUGS, but is only Slash/Thrust.

I wouldn't mind slash/thrust but one thing I do miss about the UGS between the transition from DaS to DaS II is that they lost their swings. I miss the old Zweihander move set.

It's the second strongest of the ultra's at 50/50 with a nice moveset add to the defelction of weak attacks when two hand blocking plus the baneful bird ring and you've got a very nice shield too.

Yeah, it does have pretty high defenses for a weapon. It was so obviously meant to be wielded two handed. I just wish I could set it on fire.

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta say old iron king dlc is much more fun in new game than new game+

beat dlc 1 and 3 so now i'm finishing dlc 2 with my new game character

really excited to know what happens at the end <3

Fhtagn

checking in... took a few months off from playing before the dlc, but now that I cleared all three with my original character, I'm running through a fresh new game with a no shields, no heavy armor and no magic/sorcery/hexing ever build, mainly using rapiers, katanas and a lot of throwing daggers...

I've got three Lord Souls down and left the Lost Sinner for last so that I could properly level Agility for better rolling. Really enjoying this style; I was relying heavily on Giant Club on my previous characters, so this is a dramatic change.

And I just ordered the DkS 2 Design Works book. Somewhat disappointed in myself that I hadn't pre-ordered it! Didn't even know it existed until a few days ago.

jimmyd

I have had a rough couple of days in PVP and I'm finding it very difficult to actually compete against just about anyone. Most of my fights have ended like this...

http://a.pomf.se/ylhkko.webm

And I simply can't do anything about it. Rolling at the earliest possible moment will still land me in vacuum backstab territory. My connection is fine but I am just constantly being matched up with the most ridiculously laggy people and it's really getting on my nerves.

I live in NZ and play on PS3. 9/10 of my connections in Dark Souls are ridiculously bad lag. Sometimes I get hit from metres away without even an attack animation, sometimes I can casually stroll behind an invader and backstab him. Basically, multiplayer is a joke and I feel no sympathy for invaders, I'll kill them anyway I can because lag is as much (if not more) against me than it does help me.

Dunkelgrau

Guys, I need some motivation to finish this game.

Dark Souls I was the best game I ever played. The successor isn’t nearly that good. I am currently at the shaded woods and I watched some lets plays what is yet to come (but I have not seen everything). It seems that there are no real highlights and no variety any more – for the next twenty hours. And I am bored since ten!

Normally I wouldn’t post in a forum to discuss that but I really, really loved Dark Souls I and so I am a little bit confused of what to do. I already made a pause for some weeks but my motivation is not coming back. There is Wasteland 2 in my library and I currently playing Alien Isolation.

I know that the DLCs are much better than the main game but I dont want to play thirty more hours after I finished the main game, no way.

Arjen

]blacky[;135099907 said:
Guys, I need some motivation to finish this game.

Dark Souls I was the best game I ever played. The successor isn’t nearly that good. I am currently at the shaded woods and I watched some lets plays what is yet to come (but I have not seen everything). It seems that there are no real highlights and no variety any more – for the next twenty hours. And I am bored since ten!

Normally I wouldn’t post in a forum to discuss that but I really, really loved Dark Souls I and so I am a little bit confused of what to do. I already made a pause for some weeks but my motivation is not coming back. There is Wasteland 2 in my library and I currently playing Alien Isolation.

I know that the DLCs are much better than the main game but I dont want to play thirty more hours after I finished the main game, no way.

The level design in the DLC's is a lot better, but it doesn't fix what's wrong with the game. I played the 3 DLC's after a long break and while i did enjoy the level design and some of the bosses, there's still something off. So if you're not feeling it now, I'll doubt the DLC will fix it.

Have any of you heard of BloodBook? It's a PVP meta-game app made by DreadedCone who made Rags to Riches for Dark Souls 1. I just finished my first playthrough of it and while I did pretty terribly, I had a great time. Here's my final score and rank:

bad_by_realghostvids-d83inms.jpg

The main draws of this app are the dead drops and the penalties for failing a contract. The dead drops have you running through the areas in the game looking for the specified location. Once you've found it you can warp back to a bonfire to prepare for your upcoming contract. If you fail a contract some real nasty shit can happen to you, like not being able to use your left arm, or having to invert both camera axis.

It's an interesting way to spice up PVP so if you've found your interest in the game starting to falter you should give this a try.

The level design in the DLC's is a lot better, but it doesn't fix what's wrong with the game. I played the 3 DLC's after a long break and while i did enjoy the level design and some of the bosses, there's still something off. So if you're not feeling it now, I'll doubt the DLC will fix it.
Agree completely.

Level design of the first and third DLC was enjoyable, but the enemy types, designs and AI was just as poor as the main game, so ]blacky[ don't look to the DLC to fix your woes - if anything they will just highten them. The base game is already big and adding all 3 DLC areas is too much of the same for me.

What I would suggest is going with a different build type if you're feeling stale. If you're going big and smashy, restart and go quick and stabby. If you're all melee, try magic instead. DS2 does a lot of things wrong, but you can't fault it on being very open when it comes to playstyle.

You should also wear prisoner tatters and do you mean the Jester Cap? Also ascetic the belfry luna bonfire and kill the gargoyles to get the +2 Gold Ring.

Are the Loyce souls counted as an item drop?
I doesn't look like that to me.
When I wore the Symbol of Avarice and tatters I got tons of Charred Loyce set parts, but less souls than just playing normally. In fact, I wear the gloves and Serpent ring to get more souls, not items.

gotta say old iron king dlc is much more fun in new game than new game+

beat dlc 1 and 3 so now i'm finishing dlc 2 with my new game character

really excited to know what happens at the end <3

Prepare for trouble
and deception

Thats,,,pretty sad to read but you cant compare him to the other popular guy (with FROM software aid and support) and his community that accepts his own story of the game even if that derails so much..

Are the Loyce souls counted as an item drop?
I doesn't look like that to me.
When I wore the Symbol of Avarice and tatters I got tons of Charred Loyce set parts, but less souls than just playing normally. In fact, I wear the gloves and Serpent ring to get more souls, not items.

Drops are so random in the DLC is doesnt really matter if you are fully Hobo style I stopped caring.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I used full item drop set and I didnt have a problem getting Loyce Souls quickly. Also the drops off of enemies are as random as the main game. The only items I had trouble getting to drop was the ashen warrior sword in DLC2. Getting the full heide knight set or the red phantoms sets is way harder than anything in the dlc so far for me.

Can anyone with a steam copy do me a favor and tell me where the folder for the game is located? Recently reinstalled windows, moved the ds2 folder into the steam common folder but it wants to redownload the whole thing when I already have the game files there.

Can anyone with a steam copy do me a favor and tell me where the folder for the game is located? Recently reinstalled windows, moved the ds2 folder into the steam common folder but it wants to redownload the whole thing when I already have the game files there.

Are you talking about this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dark Souls II

Or do you mean where your save file is which would be here: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII

fawaz

Banned
Is someone on right now? Blue smelter is kicking my ass and I can't find any decent summons.

Gamer tag: Z men xx
SM: 8200000 on ng+

Top Bottom