• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 world premiere at Spike VGAs

Erebus

Two more capture stills:

15x8ldy.jpg

1z4lc7b.jpg

Guled

Bumped for the new page
GI said:
Fancy yourself an Uncharted fan? Well you’re not going to want to miss our next cover (sequel!). We’ve got Uncharted 2: Among Thieves featuring 10 pages of world-exclusive details. Nathan Drake returns with a whole new adventure which revolves around the 13th century explorer Marco Polo and his voyages. The new PlayStation 3 title will add a free climbing mechanic and stealth gameplay. Players can also expect all-new locations, characters and a focus on the game’s story.
free climbing sounds like it could be cool

The addition of stealth could be an indication that this will be more of an exploration based title. Less emphasis on fighting because of the stealth and more emphasis on exploration because of the free climb mechanic.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
So we've got a Tibet level in the snow

And we'll probably go to Venice to dig up Marco Polo's grave, but he won't be there ;)

Calcaneus

Looks cool for a teaser, still need to play the first though. Maybe I can hold off long enough and buy them both at the same time.

Grayman

Ghost said:
DO WANT. Snowy setting could be interesting, hoping for some tundra, great too purely because Indy didn't do it (shouldn't be important but it is).

Among Thieves is a subtitle for the article right? That's a god damn terrible name for the game.
Well Indy did have his bar fight in Nepal and fell out of a plane in snowy mountains.

Ricker

If there's stealth I just hope if you get caught you can go back bashing faces in,Uncharted 1 style,with no consequences hehe...

Calcaneus said:
Looks cool for a teaser, still need to play the first though. Maybe I can hold off long enough and buy them both at the same time.

Why wait?? Uncharted is ridiculously cheap now and warrants at least 2 playthroughs if not more.

ymmv

Banned
Guled said:
2009, year of the ps3

Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Infamous
Gran Turismo 5
God of War
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII (if you're in Japan)
Yakuza 3

(plus the multiplatform stuff like Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter, etc)

Damn ... if any year could be the year of the PS3, 2009 should be it.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
DongHungLong said:
Why wait?? Uncharted is ridiculously cheap now and warrants at least 2 playthroughs if not more.

Seven here. I think maybe the only person who can beat that is Kittowny.

SolidSnakex said:
The addition of stealth could be an indication that this will be more of an exploration based title. Less emphasis on fighting because of the stealth and more emphasis on exploration because of the free climb mechanic.

Also I imagine the gameplay is still very similar to the first game, except this time no satellite blip showing Nate's position when entering area full of bad guys. You just won't HAVE to fight them.

And fuck the haters...Among Thieves is an awesome subtitle. :)

The title is oddly close to that of Sly Copper 3 (Honor Among Thieves). A nod to Sucker Punch? I hope that's not the subtitle....

Jak, I will avenge you

gogogow

I wouldn't mind stealth gameplay being incorporated into Uncharted 2, only if it's done in MGS style, meaning you can choose how to play 100% action or stealth all the way.

I hate it when they force you to use stealth in some portions of the game, like in Shadow of Rome.

Scotch

Watching that put a smile to my face.

Uncharted is one of the few games that made me feel like a kid again. It may be extremely lineair, and the platforming wasn't very deep, but man did I just love being in that world and seeing those characters. I adore it. In retrospect it's probably my favorite game of 2007 after Orange Box (didn't play it until this year).

ymmv said:
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Infamous
Gran Turismo 5
God of War
White Knight Chronicles
Yakuza 3

Wait, people are taking year of talk still serious? Just enjoy the damn games.

BeeDog

WHAT IF this sequel turns out to be like Far Cry 2, drop you off in an "open world" area with different thief factions asking you to scout out and grab treasure.

Horrible and far-fetched gaming idea lulz i'm so ezcixixoa noah

arne

McBacon said:
arne... no chance of a wallpaper from that magazine cover.... right?

Perhaps in time, but not right now. Not yet. I'll keep it in mind though.

Keep in mind that a magazine cover is kind of a weird aspect ratio though for wallpaper -- it needs to be wider, significantly more so for 16:9 and 16:10.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
*Opens page 1*
*Ctrl+f Kitton*

*Opens page 2*
*Ctrl+f Kitton*

*Opens page 3*
*Ctrl+f Kitton*

Wtf.

On topic: OH MY FUCKING GOD.[/spoiler]

REV 09

ymmv said:
Killzone 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
Infamous
Gran Turismo 5
God of War
White Knight Chronicles
Yakuza 3

it always looks that way until games get delayed. I would bet that God of War, Gran Turismo, and FF XIII don't make next year.

Top Bottom