• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 world premiere at Spike VGAs

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kittonwy said:
UNCHARTED 2!!!222!!!
angry.gif
What the FUCK took you so long man?! We were all impatiently waiting. :D

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ganondorfo said:
80%platforming + 20%action please naughty dog, not 80% action + 20%platforming like the first one.

Your views intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Raistlin

SolidSnakex said:
The addition of stealth could be an indication that this will be more of an exploration based title. Less emphasis on fighting because of the stealth and more emphasis on exploration because of the free climb mechanic.

If that is the case ... GOTF CONFIRMED

kaskade

I would also like more platforming than action, or at least make the action better. I think that the new Tomb Raider Underworld formula would be nice, but the combat would actually be fun. Please though Naughty Dog
NO CRAZY MUTANT ENDINGS.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kittonwy said:
I wuz working!!!222!!!
angry.gif
Take the rest of the day off to let the news sink it man...I was just itching and waiting for this announcement/teaser. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Ploid 3.0

neojubei said:
Sweet, Sony better go a special edition steelbook edition.

A dagger replica will be included. BUT it's the press edition only. The customers will get a tin box at best.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Having been to Nepal, I approve of its use in this game. Save me the money not having to fly back there :p

I can't believe I'm getting this game and God of War 3 in 2009.

Assuming they both come out in 2009. They better.

Router said:
Having been to Nepal, I approve of its use in this game. Save me the money not having to fly back there :p

Plus it'll look better in this game than it does in real life anyway.

Full Recovery said:
ONLINE CO-OP PLEASE

This would be another benefit of them moving it more toward an adventure game. There wouldn't be as many complaints about the lack of a co-op mode because adventure games usually don't have that feature. They're single player experiences.

AmMortal

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I can't believe I'm getting this game and God of War 3 in 2009.

Assuming they both come out in 2009. They better.

Plus it'll look better in this game than it does in real life anyway.

I'm not sure, but I think this just confirms, that GOWIII isn't coming out untill 2010 spring earliest.

Sweet announcement. Fix the v sync. Don't add to the platforming, just make it harder.

Man ... if this hits in 09' with GT5 and GoW3 and KZ2 ... I'll be one happy PS3 owner. :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So free climbing sounds like they are taking bits of Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider. But stealth is crap unless there is:

1. clearly defined rules for stealth that do not change
2. some kind of camo/light meter
3. appropriate sneaking mechanisms for drake such as crawl/crouch run

AmMortal said:
I'm not sure, but I think this just confirms, that GOWIII isn't coming out untill 2010 spring earliest.

Maybe. I don't really know much about that kind of thing but having those two games at least for the holidays next year would be great for Sony.

NekoFever said:
Awesome :D

Stealth gameplay is slightly worrying, but hey, it's Uncharted. As long as it has the exploration that was so awesome from the first one
and no zombies
I'll be more than happy to grab this on day one.
Uncharted had exploration?

Cause I remember the "exploration" in that game as walking down tunnels with jungle wallpaper.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Y2Kev said:
So free climbing sounds like they are taking bits of Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider. But stealth is crap unless there is:

1. clearly defined rules for stealth that do not change
2. some kind of camo/light meter
3. appropriate sneaking mechanisms for drake such as crawl/crouch run
They got their stealth system in check. It's the free roam that really is the exciting part. We all win either way.

DoomGyver

RavenFox said:
Uhmm no. Not that type of game. You go in hard or go home.

Uhmm yes, Think about it.

Someone playing as Elena at your side could be epic, you could solve puzzles together, drake could lift gates so elena could go on the other side and brace it open.

Think indiana jones, Elena could drive the speedboat while drake beat the crap out of the thieves trying to board the boat.

I could go on, but this definitely has co-op potential.

SolidSnakex said:
A 60/40 adventure/action ratio would be good.

80/20 would reduce the replayability to rubble. uncharted has the most underrated combat mechanics and strategic set pieces of any game. i'm playing it through for the fifth time right now, and i'm sure i wouldn't be if it had much more platforming in it

deepbrown

Issun23 said:
Victory must taste sweet. :lol
Sure does. I must say that I knew it was coming ths month, but I dind't think it'd be the first :D I just knew it had to be wintery...so Decemeber was the best time for a reveal :D

Top Bottom