• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OnPoint said:
So I bought Space Invaders Get Even.

I have nothing in my to-do list.

WTF?!
jooey said:
NOT PUBLISHED BY NINTENDO
Linkup said:
Taito thanks you, but you're not getting anything beyond that.

Nintendo said:
Games released prior to December 2008
Many games released prior to December 2008 can be registered; however, of those games, only select Wii, Wii Shop Channel games, Wii Channels, and Nintendo DS games will qualify for surveys. See the list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:

Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS
The real answer is have some patience. No one has done a shop-related survery yet.

frozzted

Hopefully this "site maintenance" (which has been going on since Christmas) adds the "Intend to Buy" feature and improves the site's stability.

TJ Spyke

And hopefully it lets everyone actually get their accounts f*cking working. The Nintendo rep told me I had no choice but to wait while they fixed all the bugs, I want to transfer my My Nintendo account to Club Nintendo and get Game & Watch Collection.

Lee-T

Yeah, I e-mailed them about the downtime and it seems like it won't be until the first week of '09 it comes back up at the earliest. This sucks for people who got gifts and want to register them now. At least this can fix all the problems.

frozzted

Lee-T said:
Yeah, I e-mailed them about the downtime and it seems like it won't be until the first week of '09 it comes back up at the earliest. This sucks for people who got gifts and want to register them now. At least this can fix all the problems.

Yeah I would be more concerned with fixing the issues that everyone has had. Let's get it working 100%

The registration codes are not going anywhere :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Got my cards today. They are pretty sweet! My set is numbered 081106. Shipped by UPS btw.

3147692943_e45d7070bc_b.jpg

3147694165_83cf76d8a5_b.jpg

3147695679_884b0d7743_b.jpg

3148529296_0dde7a93e7_b.jpg

3147698489_d604e60152_b.jpg

3147699761_90b9dfdcce_b.jpg

3147715723_63d274a62f_b.jpg

Chairhome

Those Hanafuda cards are awesome and kind of makes me want to get them. But I haven't even got my points yet from my mynintendo account so maybe by the time I get that straightened out they'll have some other rewards that pique my interest. I will probably horde my points...

OnPoint

In reference to "get even"

jooey said:
NOT PUBLISHED BY NINTENDO

I'm pretty sure World of Goo wasn't either, but I had a survey for it and got points for it. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't feel like looking right now. It is, however, on the list quoted below.

Linkup said:
Taito thanks you, but you're not getting anything beyond that.

Thanks? They should gimme my damn points back - I've played longer and more fleshed out demos, which is practially what the game is.

metsallica said:

The real answer is have some patience. No one has done a shop-related survery yet.

Thanks for the list. I'll keep an eye on it.

Wow...those cards are awsome!!!

Really wished I would've gotten those instead of G&W (Well I was getting both but...I realized that a bunch of my pin cards ere missing :lol :( AFTER I ordered G&W..aw well got a backlog of Wii Shop Channel games to get so I should get enough coins)

Seriosly did'nt know it was that many it looks like its an actual game to and not just for show :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
WiiRevolution1 said:
Wow...those cards are awsome!!!

Really wished I would've gotten those instead of G&W (Well I was getting both but...I realized that a bunch of my pin cards ere missing :lol :( AFTER I ordered G&W..aw well got a backlog of Wii Shop Channel games to get so I should get enough coins)

Seriosly did'nt know it was that many it looks like its an actual game to and not just for show :D

It comes with an instruction manual to play "Koi-Koi"....so yeah, they're actual real playing cards! Gonna try them out during New Years maybe.

aparisi2274

Anyone else having issues with Club Nintendo? Everytime I go there, I get this message:

Club Nintendo is currently unavailable due to site maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Remember to hang on to your product registration codes and make a note of your serial numbers - we'll be back soon so you can register your products.

Please note, it is not necessary to register your hardware to begin your warranty. This is done automatically at the retailer when you purchase your product. However, please check back to register your products for Club Nintendo benefits, including hardware warranty extensions.

Forum users please note, the Tech Support Forums will be in read-only mode during this time. All existing Forum topics, posts, and replies will remain available for those looking for technical assistance with Nintendo products. No new threads or messages can be created until Club Nintendo is back up.

Please try back later.

I have already cleared my cache, cookies and private data...

Just wondering whats going on

TJ Spyke

Check above. The site is down. They probably thought it was better to shut it down while they fix the bugs rather than keep the current buggy version up (where only some people could actually log on. I still haven't been able to log on).

OnPoint said:
Thanks? They should gimme my damn points back - I've played longer and more fleshed out demos, which is practially what the game is.

It's a shooter. You play for high scores and better times. There's always the other two download packs too.

I've had fun with it thus far, and I'm just doing a standard play through.

Yea the Hanafuda game sounds interesting. Should have enough points by the time Pikmin comes out.

Dragoon_lantz said:
not as cool as the Hanafuda cards
honestly, kinda dissapointed it didn't have a registration pin included
ClubNinty1.jpg
Nice this should mean that I should get the game today since they shipped mine shipped at the same time as other people.

BTW: Club Nintendo is now back from maintenence. No problems so far! Tho I still don't have coins for Tetris Party. I bought it the day it came and and I'm pretty sure its been "4-6 weeks"...

EDIT: YES!!! I found another Wii code! Thats 510 coins!

Hey if anyone got one of the 600 coin DS Cases can you post pics? I wanna see it before making a decision (When I get the coins that is)

Man these Hanafuda cards are great...I wish these would sell for less than 40$ on ebay...:(

OK I have four Wii and two DS nintendo games that have pins...what are their worth..?(I don't live in the US)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm sitting at 670 points right now.. blast it. Those cards are hot. I'm deciding between waiting for better items, the DS case holder, or the DS game holder.. or saving up for the cards. Ahh, decisions. :lol

For those who were/are sitting on a lot of points unredeemed right now, are you redeeming all your points immediately? Or will you wait till next June and boost to another platinum immediately?

aparisi2274

AlphaTwo00 said:
For those who were/are sitting on a lot of points unredeemed right now, are you redeeming all your points immediately? Or will you wait till next June and boost to another platinum immediately?

I had 860 coins, used 800 to get the Game & Watch... I have 60 left, and I have a bunch of registration cards I am going to try and sit on until after June, so I can start stockpiling again...

aparisi2274 said:
I had 860 coins, used 800 to get the Game & Watch... I have 60 left, and I have a bunch of registration cards I am going to try and sit on until after June, so I can start stockpiling again...
Well I imported Game & Watch already, so it feels too excessive for me to get it again.

I'll sit on my to do list of surveys then, I guess.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
HUELEN10 said:
Are they laminated? What are they made of?

They're not laminated...they're just...hard cards. lol, I dont have them in front of me right now.

Club Nintendo says there's an ELITE status if you have like 2400 coins. What the hell is this?

HUELEN10

Wario64 said:
They're not laminated...they're just...hard cards. lol, I dont have them in front of me right now.

Club Nintendo says there's an ELITE status if you have like 2400 coins. What the hell is this?
I can almost guarantee it is DS/Wii shell replacement. :D

Wario64 said:

Where is this. I could try to see if I have 2400.

OnPoint

comedy bomb said:
It's a shooter. You play for high scores and better times. There's always the other two download packs too.

I've had fun with it thus far, and I'm just doing a standard play through.

lol

Thanks, I know what kind of game it is. I also know that a game should be more than two short levels and a boss battle. It seriously took me less than half an hour to play through. I understand the allure of going back to get high scores, but I've never played a shooter with gameplay this sparse before. It's a cool concept, but sorry, it's a lazy effort, download packs be damned. When one looks at something like World of Goo, and the value to points ratio is so high, this is inexcusable. They would have been better off lumping them all together and charging 1000 or 1200 points.

aparisi2274

Wario64 said:

Where did you see that? When I look at their FAQ all they say is that there is a GOLD and Platinum level. Nothing about an ELITE level

OnPoint said:
lol

Thanks, I know what kind of game it is. I also know that a game should be more than two short levels and a boss battle. It seriously took me less than half an hour to play through. I understand the allure of going back to get high scores, but I've never played a shooter with gameplay this sparse before. It's a cool concept, but sorry, it's a lazy effort, download packs be damned. When one looks at something like World of Goo, and the value to points ratio is so high, this is inexcusable. They would have been better off lumping them all together and charging 1000 or 1200 points.
I'm not sure if it's true or not, but having them as DLC packs might be to get around the size limitation for WiiWare files?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh lol. Well I guess you guys know how many coins I've been hoarding.

My GF got her Wii holder thingy. It's not that bad...if you have points to waste and you don't care.

spf2wx.jpg

Wario64 said:
Oh lol. Well I guess you guys know how many coins I've been hoarding.

My GF got her Wii holder thingy. It's not that bad...if you have points to waste and you don't care.

spf2wx.jpg
Ohh. Nice. Can you jam all 4 Remotes in there?

Jon

I got my DS Game and Watch today! Huzzah! In feverish excitement I opened it up, but in retrospect, maybe I should have left it wrapped as a crazy collector's item.

donny2112

aparisi2274 said:
Not sure what the elite status is, but its not 2400 coins..

"Elite Status" is an adjective for the word "Coins" when used in the context of determining whether you have reached the Gold/Platinum level.

I'm at 160, since the site was down for most of the last week, but I'm planning on only putting in enough to get to Platinum level until after next June. Gotta make sure to get the bonus gift each year. :D :lol

Baconbitz

Banned
Still waiting for pre surveys (preordered platinum recently) and Wiiware but, I got two games I can register and got 160 coins. Not enough to do anything with. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten those AC playing cards.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AlphaTwo00 said:
Ohh. Nice. Can you jam all 4 Remotes in there?

Without the wii remote jackets, Im sure it can fit easily. Might be a tight fit if you have the jackets in there.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SilverLunar said:
Man these Hanafuda cards are great...I wish these would sell for less than 40$ on ebay...:(

OK I have four Wii and two DS nintendo games that have pins...what are their worth..?(I don't live in the US)
That's 260 points. I'll take them off your hands for free. :D

OnPoint

AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm not sure if it's true or not, but having them as DLC packs might be to get around the size limitation for WiiWare files?

Maybe. I guess that maybe means that certain file sizes would be tied to certain price points, in theory. Either way, it's still a shameful release lol

Dang, I just need 120 more points for the DS Lite case. Too bad I have 2 registrations that I can't use for NSMB and Zelda DS that I recently bought since those two games are already in my account.

Got my Game and Watch game today. Terrible shipping packaging, a thin plastic envelope with no padding. The game didn't appear to be damaged though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom