• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo Discussion: Drastic fall in survey values coming on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyj

Picture055Small.jpg

Picture054Small.jpg

Kinda bad pic, it is dark purple.

sullyj said:
Picture055Small.jpg

Picture054Small.jpg

That's actually pretty nice! Glad to see Nintendo recycling... Hear that, Greenpeace?!

2zhdr15.png

This stylus set was a *GASP* My Nintendo (!) gift when you registered Brain Age 2 and took a follow-up survey. Seems Club Nintendo was right under our noses the entire time and we didn't even realize it.

metsallica said:
That's actually pretty nice! Glad to see Nintendo recycling... Hear that, Greenpeace?!

2zhdr15.png

This stylus set was a *GASP* My Nintendo (!) gift when you registered Brain Age 2 and took a follow-up survey. Seems Club Nintendo was right under our noses the entire time and we didn't even realize it.

That's the same set I got too. I haven't used any of the stylus' yet, though.

I ended up ordering the silver DS Lite case. I'm hoping it's a soft case and not a hard one.

RaidenZR

So I called and complained, many times now... And after last night's refresh on the site my login and stuff worked. Yay. Finallythankgodallthatcrap.

I quickly bumped myself to Platinum status and now I don't think I want any of those goodies. Wish Tingle's Balloon Fight was around. Has anyone gotten the DS Lite silver case? I'm wondering if it's any good. Has there been any mention of what the Gold and Platinum Members' special gift at the end of the cycle will be?

botticus

I'm not sure if the FAQ has been slightly updated from when the site went live or if I just skimmed over that part, but they seem to imply now that the Post Play surveys for downloaded games are the only way to get points for those, and they'll show up 4-6 weeks after the games show up as registered. You only need to email them if they don't show up in your registered list, so I guess I should expect to see the surveys in a few weeks.

...I found away to track my order and it says that I wont get it until January 5th.

WHAT?! My G&W was shipped the same day as everyone else's who ordered it early! Why did some people get them yesterday while mine is in Colorado and I'm in Mississippi!! :(

sullyj said:
Picture055Small.jpg

Picture054Small.jpg

...thanks for the pic. Looks like the DS games would'nt stay in that though..

Edit: I think it always said that botticus.

I actually just noticed that my gamesd are there but no surveys. I know I downloaded 4 games yesterday but I know that I've had Tetris for more than 6 weeks. (I tink...I got it the day it came out and I'm sure thats 6 weeks ago)

Maybe if I recomend the games on the Nintendo Channel the surveys will show up...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone have the little 'Mario hat' DS case holders? It's one of the items I'm considering.

And everyone, thanks for the pictures! :D

RaidenZR said:
So I called and complained, many times now... And after last night's refresh on the site my login and stuff worked. Yay. Finallythankgodallthatcrap.

I quickly bumped myself to Platinum status and now I don't think I want any of those goodies. Wish Tingle's Balloon Fight was around. Has anyone gotten the DS Lite silver case? I'm wondering if it's any good. Has there been any mention of what the Gold and Platinum Members' special gift at the end of the cycle will be?

I just ordered it today so we'll see soon enough!

EvilMario said:
Anyone have the little 'Mario hat' DS case holders? It's one of the items I'm considering.

And everyone, thanks for the pictures! :D
I was wondering about i to and after seeing your post I used my head and googled it.

We already got pics of G&W, hanafuda, and purple DS case.

Heres is the Mario hat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mishumishi/2291120601/

and well thats all I could find...Both look good...to many choices and I can only get 1 more before the end of the "year" since I lack coins lol

EDIT: NVM that was a japan DS CN case lol

Edit2: Actually so was the Mario hat case...so I guess its the same case for NA...

DS White case:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/japan/club-nintendos-ds-lite-looking-ds-game-holder-324592.php

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How sad is it that there are no games available for you to "intend to purchase"?

TJ Spyke

AlphaTwo00 said:
Because they haven't announced their 09 lineup?

Actually, they have announced multiple Q1 games, including:

New Play Control: Pikmin (Wii)
New Play Control: Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
Pokemon Platinum (DS)

TJ Spyke

Has anyone been able to get points from Wii Channels? They are supposed to be 10 points. If so, can I delete channels and re-download them to get the 10 points?

RaidenZR

Gamecocks625 said:
I just ordered it today so we'll see soon enough!

Cool, please let us know. With pics, if possible. :D

TJ Spyke said:
Actually, they have announced multiple Q1 games, including:

New Play Control: Pikmin (Wii)
New Play Control: Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
Pokemon Platinum (DS)

Don't forget Fire Emblem and Personal Trainer Math for DS.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TJ Spyke said:
Has anyone been able to get points from Wii Channels? They are supposed to be 10 points. If so, can I delete channels and re-download them to get the 10 points?
Email Nintendo, there is info on what to do in the FAQ.

RaidenZR

Fuzzy said:
I didn't notice that it would only hold 8 games. :(
Who the hell has only 8 games for the DS?

The 800 pts price on that is laughable too, considering if you only had 8 DS games you'd be sitting with 240 pts.

NICE! I finally got my registration through and I now have 230 points along with surveys worth 10 for Mega Man 3 and Secret of Mana on my "to-do" list (however neither seems to be up yet, it just says I will get credit for those games).

Good stuff, 250 points already. :D

And both my DS and Wii are registered.

Also to people wondering about past VC and WiiWare games, yeah all the surveys were up fo me. I earned 10 points for my previous purchases of World of Goo. I'm just waiting on the Mana and Mega Man 3 ones because the links ar eon the page and are listed in my to-dos but when I click the link, it brings me to a blank survey.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuzzy said:
I didn't notice that it would only hold 8 games. :(
Who the hell has only 8 games for the DS?
Maybe you are supposed to only put Mario games in there. How many Mario games has the DS had so far?

TJ Spyke

Wii Will Rock U said:
Also to people wondering about past VC and WiiWare games, yeah all the surveys were up fo me. I earned 10 points for my previous purchases of World of Goo. I'm just waiting on the Mana and Mega Man 3 ones because the links ar eon the page and are listed in my to-dos but when I click the link, it brings me to a blank survey.

You got 10 points for World of Goo? I didn't. Maybe it was because it was gifted to me, so I didn't technically buy it. But it does show up as a registered title for me (just no survey).

TJ Spyke

Drkirby said:
Maybe you are supposed to only put Mario games in there. How many Mario games has the DS had so far?

Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Princess Peach (still a Mario title)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
Yoshi's Island DS (maybe, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is a Mario game)

TJ Spyke said:
You got 10 points for World of Goo? I didn't. Maybe it was because it was gifted to me, so I didn't technically buy it. But it does show up as a registered title for me (just no survey).

That's really weird but yeah I got my 10 points.

I wish I knew how screen-cap on my mac so I could show everyone what my problem is on the main screen. It actually lists Mega Man 3 and Secret of Mana as to do survey but I still can't do the surveys.

finally got my G&W today.

Nintendo must be in a "green" state of mind; the UPS package was just the plastic wrapper, and the game--no padding, or cardboard.

still, no damage, so i cant complain. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wii Will Rock U said:
I wish I knew how screen-cap on my mac so I could show everyone what my problem is on the main screen. It actually lists Mega Man 3 and Secret of Mana as to do survey but I still can't do the surveys.

Apple+Shift+3 = Full screenshot
Apple+Shift+4 = drag a box to take a screenshot of some of your screen

Saves as .PNG on your Desktop (.PDF in 10.3 IIRC)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Wii Will Rock U said:

My WiiWare/VC stuff on the special list all appears to be on my To Do list, but there are no surveys available yet...

Luigison

DavidDayton said:
My WiiWare/VC stuff on the special list all appears to be on my To Do list, but there are no surveys available yet...
Same for me. I've completed World of Goo and played several hours on Secret of Mana, but no surveys. I wonder if this is just the site being buggy or something we are not doing. Can anyone who got the surveys give us some insight into this?

My cards shipped on 12/19, but haven't arrived yet unless someone stole them while we were out of state for the holidays. Hope it's just slow shipping. How long did it take others to get there stuff?

Any word on when new surveys or intend to buy will be up?

Wahoo! Great day! Tomorrow my G&W will be here and today I found NSMB and got enough coins to get the Animal Crossing DS Case! :D

Luigison said:
Same for me. I've completed World of Goo and played several hours on Secret of Mana, but no surveys. I wonder if this is just the site being buggy or something we are not doing. Can anyone who got the surveys give us some insight into this?

My cards shipped on 12/19, but haven't arrived yet unless someone stole them while we were out of state for the holidays. Hope it's just slow shipping. How long did it take others to get there stuff?

Any word on when new surveys or intend to buy will be up?
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/

Go there, on the side goto "part order information" and put the Order number of...your order (found in the email they send you or in your reward inquiery) then when it shows information goto "Track order" and then it'll track your order. Then bookmark the url.

TJ Spyke

Does anyone have some spare codes they would like to trade? I have an extra Super Mario Galaxy and extra Super Smash Bros. Brawl code I would be willing to trade (I had to replace my original copies after they got stolen, but I had already registered them with My Nintendo, so I didn't need to register the new ones).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Guys, in regards to not having surveys for channels/WiiWare:

Club Nintendo FAQ said:
Why am I not getting a survey for my registered Wii Shop Channel games nor Wii Channel downloads?
There are two types of surveys for earning coins: "Product Registration" surveys, which provide us with information on how you purchased the game; and "Post Play" surveys, which allow you to share your opinion of the game or channel after you have used it. Because we already know where you aquired the Wii Shop Channel game or Wii Channel, the only survey for registered Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channel downloads are for "Post Play" questions. So that you have enough time to use the game or channel before responding to the survey, please allow 4-6 weeks for the "Post Play" survey to appear in your "To-Do" list. If a Wii Shop Channel game or Wii Channel download was activated manually for you by Nintendo, it will still take about 4-6 weeks from the time we registered it for you before the survey will appear and you can earn coins.

So basically, they should show up 4-6 weeks from when you linked your old MyNintendo account, or if you bought them after that, 4-6 weeks from then. I thought things were broken, too, until I found this in the FAQ.

Is there a list out there of all the games that net you points? I've registered a few DS games that have got me jackshit :| I'm stuck at 550 coins, too. I want that platinum baby.

Luigison said:

my G&W shipped on the same day, and i got it on Jan 2.

Struct09

funkmastergeneral said:
Is there a list out there of all the games that net you points? I've registered a few DS games that have got me jackshit :| I'm stuck at 550 coins, too. I want that platinum baby.

They're in the OP

Snaku

Banned
So of all the games and consoles I've bought and registered with My Nintendo over the last 4 years (39 products including a DS, DS Lite, and a Wii), I ended up with 8 games eligible for coins coming to a grand total of....300 coins. Thanks a lot, NOA.

TJ Spyke

Snaku said:
So of all the games and consoles I've bought and registered with My Nintendo over the last 4 years (39 products including a DS, DS Lite, and a Wii), I ended up with 8 games eligible for coins coming to a grand total of....300 coins. Thanks a lot, NOA.

You will get an extra 10 coins for each game that has a post play survey, but 10 points for any Wii Shop game and Wii Channel when you get their surveys in a couple of weeks. I know it's not official, but the e-mail I got from Nintendo says that they aren't doing surveys for games they are no longer shipping to retailers. The good news though is that all titles from them released starting in December 2008 will get points. Hopefully they start the pre-registration program before games I want come out so I can get the extra 10 points.

Tathanen said:
Guys, in regards to not having surveys for channels/WiiWare:

So basically, they should show up 4-6 weeks from when you linked your old MyNintendo account, or if you bought them after that, 4-6 weeks from then. I thought things were broken, too, until I found this in the FAQ.
Its been way longer than 6 weeks since Tetris Party came out and I got it the day its released...

Yes Boss!

Got my stuff about a week ago. The Wiimote holder is very very nice. Anybody with an extra 300 points would do well in ordering it.

IMG_0162.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom