• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky Gameplay Trailer (TGAs)

Game4life

Banned
Yeah more walking around and flying. Exact same demo as last time except on a different planet with different colors. No point in this game like most games at the show today. Bloodborne is the only game that seems proud of being a game these days.

Kinyou

I'm not all that keen on the way you transition from space to the planets surface, somehow feels too fast. But the game is still a long way off, so I guess all of that can still change.

Qassim

I hope the draw distance is configurable on the PC version, seemed a bit low in the trailer, having a nice large draw distance would really enhance the visuals in a game like this.

Otherwise, still looking great, cautiously excited.

Fucker. I wasn't that interested in the game but he just seems so genuine that I want to support his team and hope that the game will turn out great. Are pre-orders listed yet? 2015? 2016?

His vision is incredible and he is actually trying something innovative.

Also the music sounds incredible. What is the band name again?

Yeah more walking around and flying. Exact same demo as last time except on a different planet with different colors. No point in this game like most games at the show today. Bloodborne is the only game that seems proud of being a game these days.

It's wierd, Bloodborne is the only game that I just would never pick up. I guess I'm really not a fan of the Dark Soul vibe. 3spooky5me

Neiteio

Looks boring. What do you actually do in this game? It's technically impressive and ambitious in scope (especially given the size of the team), but what's mechanically rewarding about it? What makes it feel good to play? That's what I wish they would focus on. Right now it just looks like, "Walk around randomly generated planet, hop in ship, fly to another player's randomly generated planet, with occasional dogfights that may or may not be fun in-between."

Finaj

I hope we get some actual gameplay tomorrow. Sure, the worlds are impressive, but the only thing I've seen is walking and brief space combat.

Fucker. I wasn't that interested in the game but he just seems so genuine that I want to support his team and hope that the game will turn out great. Are pre-orders listed yet? 2015? 2016?

His vision is incredible and he is actually trying something innovative.

Also the music sounds incredible. What is the band name again?

65 Days of Static

AngryMoth

Amazing. Since day 1 this game just seems too good to be true, but I'm starting to believe they can really pull it off.
Still completely neutral on whatever the fuck this is supposed to be
It has guns and space combat if that helps. They really should show more of that in the trailers so people stop saying this.

sn00zer

Looks boring. What do you actually do in this game? It's technically impressive and ambitious in scope (especially given the size of the team), but what's mechanically rewarding about it? What makes it feel good to play? That's what I wish they would focus on. Right now it just looks like, "Walk around randomly generated planet, hop in ship, fly to another player's randomly generated planet, with occasional dogfights that may or may not be fun in-between."

This is honestly enough for me. I understand though why people would hate it. Loved Proteus, just a nice game to sit and relax to.

Neiteio

This is honestly enough for me. I understand though why people would hate it. Loved Proteus, just a nice game to sit and relax to.
I can respect that. I just can't get excited for it in the same way as I get excited for games with substantial, skill-based, meaningful mechanics.

Looks incredible. Wish more people watched the first 10 minutes of the Game Informer video though, so they wouldn't be complaining about pop-in.

Amir0x

Banned
Still completely neutral on whatever the fuck this is supposed to be

there's an extremely clear and specific 'what' it is, that has been explained in excruciating detail.

If you're confused as to what it is, what the objectives are, how it works, there's a billion articles explaining it in precise terms. There's nothing left to be confused about except 'will it function.'

They are insanely open and at this point I sort of think people are trying not to understand.

Top Bottom