• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

BY2K

Membero Americo
Amiibo sold aproximatly as much as Smash Wii U.

Smash Wii U sold 710k Physical + Digital

x 13$

=

9 230k

That would be pretty damn close to the One Billion projection.

(Of course, this is still just an estimate and doesn't take a few things into account.)

Road

So, are these "fakes" numbers real?

xbo 1.028.291 ps4 1.019.923

They fit the known variables. Lucky guess if fake.

cboat is Tim Dog confirmed.

c5qYHsD.png

Great scott marty only 8,368

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Wow, I was expecting ~100k dif in xbones favor, if it's 10k that's barely worth the effort.

Will wait for real numbers though.

Loudninja

CBoaT's post totally makes me feel better about what I was seeing.

There was virtually no clear winner on our end. Stores were all over the place. Huge Sony shipments that didn't sell as 'fast', but sold like a goddamn truck, just constantly pushing numbers after the XB1 bundles emptied out.

So, yeah. 7-10k difference matches completely with how close of a game I figured it'd be.
Its kinda scary how you post matches the situation is crazy is correct.

CBoaT's post totally makes me feel better about what I was seeing.

There was virtually no clear winner on our end. Stores were all over the place. Huge Sony shipments that didn't sell as 'fast', but sold like a goddamn truck, just constantly pushing numbers after the XB1 bundles emptied out.

So, yeah. 7-10k difference matches completely with how close of a game I figured it'd be.
Could you maybe tell us how December is looking so far in your district?

RoKKeR

Here's the way I see it. Clearly there is demand for the XBO at the $349 price point + whatever else MS decides to throw in/promote. There's no way MS is "winning" this generation, but November pretty clearly shows that there is consumer interest in the box (on/near the same level of the PS4 which has everything going for it) at this price point.

So they take the huge increase in install base and go from there, figuring out how to keep the price/promotions at a point where that demand will remain "relatively" high in order for them to not get completely trounced.

The 7-10k difference is already being overblown if we look at how MS's strategy has shifted since getting clobbered right out of the gate since May 2013.

Well..

~ 1 million gap - 10k = ~1 million gap.

The gap lives.

I think this means Sony will take December NPD.
PSX will help boost awareness. By then, Microsoft's price cut will not be news.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well done MS. Well deserved. What an amazing turn around.

Man, some PS4 fans I follow on Twitter sure are salty about losing one month. People act like they are the ones getting paid for how well a console does. I really don't understand it.

A 10k difference after slashing prices and throwing a ton of free games in... maybe not a failure but I don't know what else to call it

What you would call it is a large expansion of userbase, adding new consumers to the next gen pool, and giving devs further reason to support these consoles and develop high quality software for both Xbox and Playstation.

But no maybe instead we should all yell about meltdowns and MS failing. That's doing things right now?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Wow, the sales for both are higher than during the launch month? (Which was supply-constraint, be fair.)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Hardly surprising.

Microsoft basically pulled out all the stops.

Still, I'm wondering how close the PS4 was to XB1's numbers.

I believe the difference was pretty marginal. Otheriwse, MS would be crowing about this a lot more.
Word from connected people is that the first two weeks of November was what won it for Xbone. PS4 nearly caught up thanks to BF and GTA bundles. Exciting stuff!

Rymuth

Meltdown? Lol I work in retail, I love when both sell a ton.

Its just annoying seeing posts calling this a failure instead of celebrating high sales for both consoles and a healthy industry.

Great to see so much consumer support for consoles that still aren't cheap by any means.
I always knew you had a horse in this race. There's no doubt in my mind you work in retail but ever since that little stint with Explosive --> Excellent ---> very good, it became obvious to me you look at at the numbers from a skewed perspective.

Smash88

Banned
The gap is crazy to think of especially after all the incentives Microsoft was putting out. If this is true across all regions, MS is in some deep shit.

Somnid

So with those numbers it would seem Wii U's game problem is mostly solved and that the next push will need to be on the price/hardware front.

cboat is Tim Dog confirmed.

c5qYHsD.png

If these numbers are real, that's great news for the industry. I think both Sony and MS basically sold everything they shipped to the US in November. Which might explain why they were so close. It seems like this could have been a case of "who could ship the most" rather than who could sell the most.

system11

How did Dragon Age not make top ten?? ._.

Honestly until it actually came out, I'd never even heard of it. Seriously. I'm not sure how I dodged all the advertising but somehow it was possible. Also I think we're reaching a bit of 'guy hacking stuff in dungeons or dark places' saturation with everyone going crazy over Bloodborne which isn't out until next year.

7-10k difference despite price cuts and aggressive bundling. Still better for MS than I'd hoped, but .. I'll take that. I still want them to get completely clobbered this generarion.

Top Bottom