• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Rich!

Got my New Nintendo 3DS XL today

playing Ocarina of Time with the motion sensing with the new flawless 3D is making me stupidly hyped for MM3D. oh man

SirNinja

Wait, no sepia filter?
Guess the card will be gold color then.
You say that like it's a bad thing...I may have to go for the physical version if that happens, especially if the card has an awesome lenticular sticker like the original North American N64 cart:

1076196114-00.jpg

I get the feeling the LE will come to North America.

It'll be announced 5 days before release, Gamestop/Nintendo World Store exclusive, 2 copies per store.
If that happens, I'll make sure everyone else in my town is fighting over the other copy. :p

Rich!

What do you guys think of the possibility of AA in 3D Mode when played on a New 3DS? Standard 3DS would only get it in 2D mode, like in OOT3D

That would be fantastic

SirNinja

What do you guys think of the possibility of AA in 3D Mode when played on a New 3DS? Standard 3DS would only get it in 2D mode, like in OOT3D

That would be fantastic

I was thinking something along those lines as well - it would be a graphical change that's really nice and at the same time wouldn't make existing 3DS users regret not having the new model. Same framerate on both versions. Everybody's as happy as possible while the game uses as much hardware as possible to its advantage.

I'm wondering about the likelihood that Majora's Mask and New 3DS come out on the same day in the U.S. If there's a special bundle available with a MM-themed N3DS XL, that thing is mine.

SparkTR

Got my New Nintendo 3DS XL today

playing Ocarina of Time with the motion sensing with the new flawless 3D is making me stupidly hyped for MM3D. oh man

Really? the OoT 3D effect looks terrible, ghosting/double images, so many things look out of focus or glitchy. I really hope they fix it with Majora's Mask.

Solidsoul

Banned
Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time both crack my top 5 games of all time list. I haven't had the chance to play Ocarina of Time 3DS at all and i definitely want to play Majora's Mask as well, a few questions.

1. I don't like handhelds, i just never feel right playing on one...do you think factoring in these are console games and i hold them in such high regards this will be a non issue?

2. Which 3DS should i get? I won't be getting one till at least next year but which would suit me best? It doesn't have to be the best one, i just want it to be plain black and a good build quality. I like how the power button has been moved on the "New 3DS" but I don't like how the face buttons are now colored.

3. Will Ocarina of Time 3DS still be easy to get at regular price in 6 months?

4. Does anyone see these games ever being released for the Wii U in the future?

Persona7

Banned
Really? the OoT 3D effect looks terrible, ghosting/double images, so many things look out of focus or glitchy. I really hope they fix it with Majora's Mask.

I would like to see how it is on the new 3DS but OOT looks HORRIBLE with 3D enabled on my XL.

Rich!

I personally think OOT3D looks fantastic in 3D on my New 3DS XL.

Sure, it has some cross-talk issues, but it was an early 3DS game. There's a huge amount of potential there and I'm sure MM3D will be amazing.

I spent about ten minuted yesterday just using the gyro, with full 3D in Hyrule Field. Without the 3D effect breaking (due to it being the New 3DS), it was amazing.

I personally think OOT3D looks fantastic in 3D on my New 3DS XL.

Sure, it has some cross-talk issues, but it was an early 3DS game. There's a huge amount of potential there and I'm sure MM3D will be amazing.

I spent about ten minuted yesterday just using the gyro, with full 3D in Hyrule Field. Without the 3D effect breaking (due to it being the New 3DS), it was amazing.
I have no idea what people are talking about but the 3D effect on my XL is flippin' amazin. It's still my favourite use of 3D on the system, so I can't wait to see potential improvements on a new 3DS.

Rich!

I have no idea what people are talking about but the 3D effect on my XL is flippin' amazin. It's still my favourite use of 3D on the system, so I can't wait to see potential improvements on a new 3DS.

On my New 3DS XL I can:

• Tilt the console left or right, without the effect breaking
  • Have a near 180 degree sweet spot for the 3D
  • Use full gyro controls with 3D without it affecting the 3D
  • Rotate the console 90 degrees clockwise or counter clockwise without the 3D effect breaking
it's fucking incredible. I end up just continually moving my head from side to side in each game I play, as I'm still in disbelief that the 3D effect works regardless.

Rich!

OoT 3D's 3D is wonderful. You guys are on crack. Or I have a special 3DS that is better than yours :D

yep. it's glorious - kokiri forest and the snowflakes in adult era zora's domain are fantastic.

it is fantastic, just the ghosting is a little excessive sometimes

still would never play it any way other than 3D though

yeah. I played OOT first in January 2011, two months before the official launch at a Nintendo event here in the UK. It was the only game I played that had ghosting issues. I have full faith in Nintendo/Grezzo that they've sorted it out now.

Rich!

What if it had Majora's Mask: Master Quest on it as well?

that would be nice. but who knows. I personally doubt it - we'll get a mirrored world and extra damage from enemies in the form of a Hero Mode.

Majora's Mask's four dungeons are far too complex to be redesigned. I do think a hero mode will happen though.

orborborb

Ocarina and Pilotwings were the only games with a really immersive and deep 3D effect, for most games since then they reduced the 3Dness considerably, my guess is because people who had difficulty with that intense of an effect were complaining and turning 3D off completely instead of using the depth slider. I hope Majora is just as intense as Ocarina myself.

chadboban

During that Zelda gameplay at TGA, Aonuma and Miyamoto mentioned they were making "improvements" to Majora's Mask 3D. Do you guys think it'll have anything to do with Clock Town now being seamless and getting rid of some loading zones?

Christopher

During that Zelda gameplay at TGA, Aonuma and Miyamoto mentioned they were making "improvements" to Majora's Mask 3D. Do you guys think it'll have anything to do with Clock Town now being seamless and getting rid of some loading zones?

What were those loading zones are you referring to?

TheMoon

Aonuma mentioned that on Miiverse after it was announced already. This thread has discussed the potential for seamless clocktown already extensively. It's one of the most obvious changes they could make. We also know one of the boss battles has been changed and fishing has been added.

Mistle

I decided to put OoT3D into my New XL to remember how it looked. Wow, this remake is a lot better than I remember (not that I didn't ever like it). Especially some interiors like Dampe's shed just look so good.

So hyped for MM3D. All the extra time they've had with it have me excited.

Gravidee

I really want a poster of the new art for this game. I'm guessing it will either be available as a pre-order bonus or as a Club Nintendo reward.

Wow this is a big thread. Zelda is very popular. I just finished ALBWs and loved it, I hope I would like this even though it's an old game technically...

Out shopping for amiibos at Best Buy and was startled when I looked up in front of the preorder display.
nelEwgm.jpg

This thing is about a foot tall and sitting on shelving unit. Really neat thing...but way to drive that hype for me, Nintendo.

Jarsonot

I... Will have to get this. I'm really looking forward to playing this so many years later. Haven't played since it first came out. Borrowed it from a guy I worked with named Jim. Jim, ya out there? =)

zeldablue

Out shopping for amiibos at Best Buy and was startled when I looked up in front of the preorder display.
nelEwgm.jpg

This thing is about a foot tall and sitting on shelving unit. Really neat thing...but way to drive that hype for me, Nintendo.

Dang! I want that!

Edit: It's also awesome that the villain is the center of this game.

Top Bottom