• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i just realized that i have 7 amiibos currently plus 6 preordered. and from the ones that have been, will be released i want 18 more for a grand total of 31. plus i know i'm going to want to keep a sealed copy of a few.

my wallet weeps.

And that is just Smash Bros themed ones. And default skins.

You know, I bet Rob will be one of the first Amiibos to have alternative paint jobs available, likely something like "Get the exclusive Famicom colored Rob at Gamestop!"

i just realized that i have 7 amiibos currently plus 6 preordered. and from the ones that have been, will be released i want 18 more for a grand total of 31. plus i know i'm going to want to keep a sealed copy of a few.

my wallet weeps.

Calculated what I have now, pre ordered and to come just from the Smash collection--it's my half of a month's rent.

Blyr

Banned
I'm really tempted to import Marth/Wii Fit Trainer/Villager but I feel like when I do, Nintendo will announce next year that they are reprinting them due to popular demand or something.

I imported Marth because I really, really want him and don't mind paying a little bit extra. From amiami my order came out to $21, which is only a little bit over what I'd have to pay in shipping from Gamestop ($19 total) and cheaper than TRU ($23). I'm holding off on WFT & Villager for the exact reason you are, though. (Well, that, and the fact that WFT & Villager are sold out on amiami certainly helps..)

I think I'm going to end up at 27 all up.

For me:

Have:
Kirby
Yoshi
Samus

Ordered:
Zelda
Meta Knight
Sheik
Shulk
King Dedede

Need to find:
Link (not concerned about)
Pikachu (not concerned about)
Fox
Pit
Captain Falcon
Little Mac

Will buy (assuming they're not derpy):
Bowser Jr
Ganondorf
Charizard
Jigglypuff
Zero Suit Samus
Palutena
Robin
Lucina
Falco
Ness
Olimar
Mr Game & Watch
Duck Hunt Duo

my list looks like:

have:
Marth
Samus
Peach
Zelda
Link
Fox
Little Mac

PreOrder
Ike
Mega Man
Sheik
Toon Link
Rosalina
Shulk

Want
Mario
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Meta Knight
Falco
Captain Falcon
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Olimar
ROB
Lucina
Robin
Palutina
Dark Pit
Wii Fit Trainer
Duck Hunt
Pacman

Might have been posted earlier but Toys R Us knows what's up

image9mz4m.jpg

I'm assuming this is to try and fix the canceled preorders. Make the item purchase able but expensive. Then the people who need to reinstate get a coupon or something to lower to normal price.

Sweet that must be in preparation for those of us with paypal orders that had ours cancelled by mistake.

Durock

Finally checked the order status of my Amiibo's at Toys R Us (thank you to who directed me to the page!) and it says this: items on hold until release date 12/20/14. That's on all three which consist of Lucario, Pit and Falcon. Anyone have that same status?

eXistor

Not sure what you're after exactly... so I'm reluctant to directly editing the file.

But here is some data on my EU Amiibos.

All have this product number : PUA-NVL-C-AAA*-EUR-CO where only * change, according to the letter between brackets :

1 Mario [A] 384W2
2 Peach 364W3
3 Yoshi [C] ?
4 Donkey Kong [D] 374W2
5 Link [E] 374S1
6 Fox [F] 364S1
7 Samus [G] 364S1
8 WFT [H] 364W3
9 Villager [J] 374W2 and 424W2
11 Kirby [L] 364W2
12 Marth [M] 384W3 (for all 3)
13 Zelda [Q] 414W2
16 Little Mac [R] 404W2
17 Pit 424S1
18 Cpt Falcon 434W2

What I find *really* interesting is my second villager... I'm pretty sure that the first two digits are the week of production. That means that Villager has been produced again at a later time, in parallel of wave 2 characters.

Edit : in short, the "AAAB" is definitively an identifier of the figure (and for first wave, B=2 thus Peach). I guess they'll use a different third letter with wave 3, probably something like AABA to something like AABL

The 364W2 is probably the date and location of the production. I'd say first two if the week, I'm not sure for the 4 (it never changes, it seems), the letter (W, S) may be the factory (West and south) and the number the line (?) There's only W1, W2, W3 and S1 currently, it seems.

I was wondering about the codes as well, what's interesting to me is that the European boxes are numbered on the top-right (Mario is No. 1 etc.), so that seems to be the official "order" of Amiibo's. However, looking at the AAAB, AAAC codes on back, there's some discrepancy. Mario is AAAA, Peach is AAAB, these all make sense and follow the order on the top right. But when you hit Zelda (No. 13) it suddenly jumps to the letter Q, suggesting there are different orders. (Btw, they skip the letters i and o probably to avoid confusion). If you follow this alphabetical logic Luigi should in fact be no. 13 instead of the 15 that he is.

Is there an official numbering somewhere outside of Europe? I only see the 6+ on US boxes, do they have the numbering somewhere else?

I live in Mexico, and our Amiibo situation is similar but has some differences all together. We have different ways of getting our figures [since no Target, Best Buy is mostly shit, WalMart is mostly a Grocery store and GamePlanet is the closest thing to a GameStop]. But here is what is happening:

S TIER =SOLD OUT=
WiiFit Trainer - Marth - Villager

A TIER =ALMOST GONE=
Link - Fox - Samus

B TIER =DWINDLING=
DK - Kirby

C TIER =LOTS OF THEM=
Mario - Peach - Pikachu - Yoshi

And according to PreOrders from our Game Store, It seems that the trend on WAVE 2 is the following:

MOST PREORDERED TO LEAST
Captain Falcon - Little Mac - Zelda - Luigi - Pit - Diddy Kong

Which means most people are overlooking the rarity that Pit has been having... And ignoring the Smaller Ape too as well.

For Wave 3, we have yet to confirm but it seem that Shulk will never make it over here and MetaKnight as well. We don't have retailer exclusives here because the Nintendo Distributor isn't really Nintendo at all.

So yeah, Thats the status of Amiibos here in Mexico... I find it weird that Samus is both Sold Out and in NO RESTOCK mode... Link is the most popular figure here and it got a restock [because of its Perennial status with Nintendo I assume].

Rootbeer

Banned
Finally checked the order status of my Amiibo's at Toys R Us (thank you to who directed me to the page!) and it says this: items on hold until release date 12/20/14. That's on all three which consist of Lucario, Pit and Falcon. Anyone have that same status?

Same. But that is the date I placed the order, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

amiami requested payment for marth. paid. now i wait. all said I'll have him for under $20 including shipping, guess that's about the best I can ask for at this point

i'm not trying to collect all of them (though i may cave to that), but i'm definitely getting all FE characters and some of my other favorites as they become available.

Sourcerer

That's it? Just $1k?

I expected something like $5k at least.

That's what I was thinking. $1k of WiiFit Trainer, lets say it's worth 2.5x what it used to be now, after fees and delivery he sells half his stock to make the $1k back. He now has $500 worth of WiiFit Trainer. After years of waiting he expects these to be worth 10x what they are now (I call BS on this, no way they'll be worth that). So once he sells them at 10x their worth he'll have made $4k-ish after 2 - 3 years.

Well done?

Edit: If you do this for a living I'd imagine you have many of these kind of setups a year. Apparently my half sister does this for a living, I've only met her once in my life.

Wow, When did the Rosalina listing on Target change to "not sold online"? Guessing they're done with online pre-orders?

Hope those who didn't get her can snag one in store if they do the pre-order cards.

Neo Dark

That's it? Just $1k?

I expected something like $5k at least.

That's what I was thinking. $1k of WiiFit Trainer, lets say it's worth 2.5x what it used to be now, after fees and delivery he sells half his stock to make the $1k back. He now has $500 worth of WiiFit Trainer. After years of waiting he expects these to be worth 10x what they are now (I call BS on this, no way they'll be worth that). So once he sells them at 10x their worth he'll have made $4k-ish after 2 - 3 years.

Well done?

Edit: If you do this for a living I'd imagine you have many of these kind of setups a year. Apparently my half sister does this for a living, I've only met her once in my life.

Yeah, I mean every little thing adds up for them. Plus it also adds up for those of us that want one and can't have it because they bought them to up their price

Flintty

I ordered Zelda nice and early from Zavvi but she was never dispatched so I emailed them. Their reply:

"Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of amiibo Smash Zelda.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. amiibo Smash Zelda is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.
"

Well that sucks. The same happened with Diddy. I have no faith that my wave 3 orders will complete. I don't like this game anymore :(

Chopper

Got my Pit and Diddy Kong from Nintendo UK this morning! Pit is very cool.

Was surprised to see they use the Hut Group as distributors. I would have thought that would mean a more reliable stock at Zavvi etc.

I ordered Zelda nice and early from Zavvi but she was never dispatched so I emailed them. Their reply:

"Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of amiibo Smash Zelda.

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. amiibo Smash Zelda is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.
"

Well that sucks. The same happened with Diddy. I have no faith that my wave 3 orders will complete. I don't like this game anymore :(
Yeah, don't use Zavvi. They're a bunch of cunts.

Flintty

Got my Pit and Diddy Kong from Nintendo UK this morning! Pit is very cool.

Was surprised to see they use the Hut Group as distributors. I would have thought that would mean a more reliable stock at Zavvi etc.

Yeah, don't use Zavvi. They're a bunch of cunts.

My Nintendo order came from Hut group too. I wish I went direct for all of my orders.

Zavvi also fucked me up by sending a faulty Hot Toy figure but marked the return form as 'no longer wanted' which means I have to pay return shipping. Dispute ongoing!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So... Is Amiibo sucessful?

As of November NPD they had sold over 700,000. Anecdotally, it appears to have picked up pace in December.

I'd say a definite yes.

Chopper

My Nintendo order came from Hut group too. I wish I went direct for all of my orders.

Zavvi also fucked me up by sending a faulty Hot Toy figure but marked the return form as 'no longer wanted' which means I have to pay return shipping. Dispute ongoing!
I still haven't used them since they completely botched my Limited Edition Ni No Kuni preorder. After much dispute, they ended up offering me a voucher. I deleted all the info in my account amd never looked back. No regrets.

Yazoo91

Neo Member
I started out thinking I'd just get Kirby and Peach and maybe some more in a few months, and now I have 9 with Villager on the way from Argos. Don't even have Smash yet (it's under the tree).

Ah well... I blame this thread :)

olimpia84

So some are out of print? Is this a scenario where they will be back "in print" again someday?

Nobody knows. I doubt they will reprint characters that don't have further use in games like Wii Fit Trainer. They're talking about releasing cards in the future as well so if you're in for the figure collecting aspect of it I'd say grab your favorites right now.

tebunker

Banned
Preordered Toon Link last night, still holding out for Mega Man to come back on Amazon.

Outside of that and some crazy announcement for the next couple of waves I am out.

I have to think we get a dedicated Nintendo World type Amiibo game, and that's not to mention Amiibo functionality in all the upcoming games. I would love to see something out side of the Smash Bros. Series now.

Yesterday I got an email from TRU saying they screwed up, so hopefully I still have Lucario & Ike.
Also sales are around 1 million, so yeah pretty successful.

iFirez

Finally got all my wave 2 guys in, they were all dispatched on the same day but it's taken a week for them to all slowly arrive... damn this Christmas postal system in England right now.

Now to worry about Wave 3 and beyond...

shanafan

Toys R Us added Little Mac, Diddy Kong, and VILLAGER to their website today. They are out of stock, but they haven't been on the website for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom