• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....when are we guessing n3DS is coming to NA/EU?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
March, probably.

Hopefully they bring some nice limited edition XLs, I don't want to go back to a small screen but the lack of faceplates is killing me. A purple MM3D edition needs to happen.

Atouba

The german gaming/cheat site "Spieletipps" postet this picture "by accident" on theire facebook page:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0RhFwBz.jpg[/IMG]

This is clearly a european/german new 3ds - not an austrailian one. They also received the Nintendo 2DS as one of the first in germany.

Maybe there is a Nintendo Direct in early january where we will get the final release date?

JimPanzer

The german gaming/cheat site "Spieletipps" postet this picture "by accident" on theire facebook page:
Code:

This is clearly a european/german new 3ds - not an austrailian one. They also received the Nintendo 2DS as one of the first in germany.

Maybe there is a Nintendo Direct in early january where we will get the final release date?

english on a german package? naaa. more likely a prototype EU version.

I guess it'll release together with MH4U - but when's that coming here?

Atouba

I guess it'll release together with MH4U - but when's that coming here?

"Austauschbare Zierblenden" sounds pretty german to me. And yeah, maybe not the final version for the german market, but its fact, thats no australian..

Joei

As everyone else says, March is my best guess. It sucks cause I've been really wanting to pick up a 3DS, but have held off because of the N3DS. But if it's going to be released in March, that's not a good time because FFT0 and Bloodborn will be released and I'll be getting a PS4. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

jimi_dini

It's European packaging. PEGI sticker. USK sticker. And the other one is Russian? idk

Text is also German, Russian, English and a few other languages.

European packaging would make sense. They are already doing stuff like this for Limited Editions.

I wouldn't be surprised if that Direct went: "oh btw. New 3DS is in stores. Tomorrow"

ZeroX03

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to unify their packaging to be sold in as many regions as possible. The cover plates are specifically packaged region-neutral as well. Easier for them to control stock levels across all of Europe if they're only manufacturing one unit.

JimPanzer

"Austauschbare Zierblenden" sounds pretty german to me. And yeah, maybe not the final version for the german market, but its fact, thats no australian..

yeah overlooked it. but I still don't think this is the final packaging. pretty sure the german packaging won't have english as the headliner.
after all the fact that this exist tells us nothing. it's not that nintendo had to manufacture a unit especially for the european market, it's all just different software (or even just a switch in the same software).

Never.gif

Atouba

yeah overlooked it. but I still don't think this is the final packaging. pretty sure the german packaging won't have english as the headliner.
after all the fact that this exist tells us nothing. it's not that nintendo had to manufacture a unit especially for the european market, it's all just different software (or even just a switch in the same software).

But, why should nintendo sent out the first press system, if there is no announcement in the next weeks - so they are ready for some nice "hands on" previews after the nintendo direct.. Of course thats only speculation, but who knows...

SharkJAW

I'd hope for a January release, but Im probably being too optimistic. Either way, I've yet to decide between the regular (faceplate/colored button goodness) and XL (large screen)

AniHawk

Before the end of the fiscal year.

yep. majora's mask seems to be the right launch title, and i bet capcom gets monhun 4 out for it by then as well. xenoblade shouldn't be too far off either, and i would guess there would be some sort of exclusive deal with gamestop for it.

flohen95

pretty sure the german packaging won't have english as the headliner.

I'm not saying that that packaging is definitely final, but that wouldn't be a new thing to do for Nintendo. If the final packaging is intended to be multilanguage, it would likely look like that (See Lego City Undercover Special Edition/Bayonetta 1+2, which both have multilanguage packaging and use English as the headlining language). My Wii U box is like that, too (there's no real headline anywhere but English is always the first language listed).

Code:

Pretty sure that's European packaging not German.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Probably the same day MH4U comes out, which is going to be in the next three months since it seems review codes are already out for the game. I believe Europe will get the MH4U japanese bundle as well. Majora's Mask 3D could be an April title, while Xenoblade could actually be a launch title alongside MH4U.

Between end of February / beginning of March I'd say, so that 12 millions estimate will look more realistically reachable.

No, they won't reach it despite New 3DS launching in US/Europe, but they would at least try to do that

thechemist

Code:

Seems like final European packaging to me with all the age ratings etc, maybe this is coming out alot sooner than we think.

Oregano

Either March 13 to coincide with Code Name S.T.E.A.M. or April to coincide with TLoZ: Majora's Mask 3D.

Crossing my fingers though that the Nintendo UK listing of Majora 3D in February wasn't a mistake and that we get n3DS + Majora + MonHun4 on February 20!

February 20th would be the best Birthday present for me so hopefully that!

I wouldn't be surprised if Europe gets the N3DS before the U.S. because a sequel Shibata has already acknowledged its existence.

There will be a Direct next week almost guaranteed.

Potentially too late. I'm waiting to get Smash and ORAS because I don't see a point in buying a 2/3DS now when the n3DS is around the corner. Every month that we hear nothing about an NA release the less and less I care about getting one.

Nintendo cost themselves a 2DS sale when they announced the n3DS but with no NA release date.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Launching with Majora's Mask and an LE edition.

It's the biggest game they can attribute to it that isn't Pokemon next year.

Please this. Give me a reason to upgrade from my ambassador. (Even though I don't use that nearly enough, but I'm a sucker for LoZ)

Jakoo

Nintendo was trying to clear our their 3DS/2DS stock for Christmas, therefore, I bet it gets announced in the next couple months.

I personally can't wait. I would love to have a faster UI on the 3DS.

Oregano

What are the new screens like?

My 3DS XL screen is kinda ugly.

Same (low) resolution but it seems to have better contrast, viewing angles and stuff.

EDIT: I'm planning to go from XL to N3DS because it seems the best compromise between screen size and PPI.

kaioshade

Potentially too late. I'm waiting to get Smash and ORAS because I don't see a point in buying a 2/3DS now when the n3DS is around the corner. Every month that we hear nothing about an NA release the less and less I care about getting one.

Nintendo cost themselves a 2DS sale when they announced the n3DS but with no NA release date.

Pretty much this. I have no clue why Nintendo cant get their shit together and release a damn handheld in a timely fashion. I am ready to put down cash for one, but for as long as they keep jerking willing customers over, not everyone is going to wait forever for them to finally start treating their NA customers like something other than shit.

samn

Same (low) resolution but it seems to have better contrast, viewing angles and stuff.

EDIT: I'm planning to go from XL to N3DS because it seems the best compromise between screen size and PPI.

Thanks, I will probably go the same way depending on cost....

They need to wait a little while after a ton of people just bought the old ones for Christmas...that being said I bought my boys a 3DS and a 2DS for Xmas and I want my N3DS NOWWWWWW

blackjaw

I understand they are trying to milk current 3ds sales (until saturation), but I'm still holding out for n3ds. All I want is xeno and I refuse to buy an old one and be shit out from the "new" games

vall03

I actually don't like how long we have to wait for it. Still find it weird that we are getting it next year instead of releasing it alongside Pokemon. Was supposed to buy an XL this year but decided not to when this was announced. Hoping its February, but its most likely March /April or even later knowing Nintendo, but please release it early ffs.

Pretty much this. I have no clue why Nintendo cant get their shit together and release a damn handheld in a timely fashion. I am ready to put down cash for one, but for as long as they keep jerking willing customers over, not everyone is going to wait forever for them to finally start treating their NA customers like something other than shit.

It's not like the decision is entirely in Nintendo's hands. You can't force stores/ retail-chains to order something from you and it doesn't take astrophysics to figure out that they had to get rid of old 3DS stock beforehand.

Edit: I have my money on March. Maybe even sooner.

Top Bottom