• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So....when are we guessing n3DS is coming to NA/EU?

Seil

really really hope whatever inevitable MM bundle they release is an XL. OG 3DS hardware size is too small for me nowadays.

Odds are, most limited edition bundles are going to be XL. There'll certainly be some limited normal sized models, but XL is doing better and doesn't have faceplates, so it's a real part of the system which is desirable for these things.

That said, I'm going for a normal sized n3DS. It's larger and more ergonomic than the OG 3DS. XL feels slightly too large to me, and not a huge fan of the PPI. n3DS seems like it's got the proportions I'm actually after. OG 3DS, though, is too small and for extended play sessions, or using the d-pad in general, feels like a torture device to me haha.

prateeko

Playing Smash 3DS AFTER I played it on the Wii U was a bad idea. I cannot play on this system. I so badly need the n3DS and of course NoA will take their sweet time...

Feb 27th possibly in Europe if we're going with the releasing alongside MonHun theory which I think makes a lot of sense even if Majora's will be the bigger title by far.

Image comes from a Gamestop Italy ad:
latef.png

Credit to the place you GO for NINTENDO news and user VGAMER.

If it was all about clearing out 3DS stock, they simply wouldn't have made as much the past several months. That Christmas stock hasn't been sitting in a warehouse for a year.

It's all about the lack of actual New 3DS games.

If it was all about clearing out 3DS stock, they simply wouldn't have made as much the past several months. That Christmas stock hasn't been sitting in a warehouse for a year.

I would agree with this post except for the fact that Smash Bros came out in the west. Nintendo released it in Japan without any exclusive software and only MH and Smash to supprt it because the Japanese market wasn't doing well at all compared to the last year's numbers.

In the US I don't think the situation was as dire and they very likely are trying to clear stock at full price in what is likely still their strongest market before a new system forces them to mark down all previous versions.

Been holding off on getting an XL for a while now and I was ready to jump on one but then they announced the NEW 3DS. Now I'm not sure if I want an XL or just the regular one with the face plates!

18-Volt

March. 2015 for 3DS should looklike this:

New 3DS/XL -> March
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate ->March
Etrian Mystery Dungeon ->March
LoZ Majora's Mask -> April
Fossil Fighters Champions -> April
Yokai Watch -> June
Devil Survivor Break Record ->June
Final Fantasy Explorers ->Summer
EO Untold 2 -> Summer
Senran Kagura 2 -> Summer
Xenoblade -> Fall
Pokémon Z -> Fall
Etrian Odyssey V -> Fall

That's about it.

sörine

Banned
March. 2015 for Vita should looklike this:

New 3DS/XL -> March
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate ->March
Etrian Mystery Dungeon ->March
LoZ Majora's Mask -> April
Fossil Fighters Champions -> April
Yokai Watch -> June
Devil Survivor Break Record ->June
Final Fantasy Explorers ->Summer
Senran Kagura 2 -> Summer
Xenoblade -> Fall
Pokémon Z -> Fall
Etrian Odyssey V -> Fall

That's about it.
I think we'll get EO2 Untold in late summer or fall and EO5 in 2016.

Also, Bravely Second and Great Ace Attorney next holiday. Atlus will continue the Spike Chunsoft love with Kenka Bancho 6. And someone will pick up Legend of Legacy.

18-Volt

sörine;145425124 said:
I think we'll get EO2 Untold in late summer or fall and EO5 in 2016.

Also, Bravely Second and Great Ace Attorney next holiday. Atlus will continue the Spike Chunsoft love with Kenka Bancho 6. And someone will pick up Legend of Legacy.

Yup, I forgot EO2 Untold. EO5 can be a 2015 game in west, Atlus has bacome very fast in localization.

I feel both Bravely Second and Great Ace Attorney games are 2016 games. Bravelt Second will probably be localized by Nintendo and as we know it Nintendo take their time. It took almost 2 years to localize it. Kenka Bancho localization is very slim chance as Atlus is more focused with their own titles. Aksys maybe, they're more close to SpikeChunsoft than Atlus. I also can't see anyone picking up Legend of Legacy, every localizer should be busy with their own titles in 2015.

sörine

Banned
Yup, I forgot EO2 Untold. EO5 can be a 2015 game in west, Atlus has bacome very fast in localization.

I feel both Bravely Second and Great Ace Attorney games are 2016 games. Bravelt Second will probably be localized by Nintendo and as we know it Nintendo take their time. It took almost 2 years to localize it. Kenka Bancho localization is very slim chance as Atlus is more focused with their own titles. Aksys maybe, they're more close to SpikeChunsoft than Atlus. I also can't see anyone picking up Legend of Legacy, every localizer should be busy with their own titles in 2015.
There's no way SE passes up Bravely Second after crowing about it's western sales. Them publishing is a lock, although sure it could slip to 2016.

Atlus is publishing more Spike Chunsoft games these days than anyone else (Etrian MD, Attack on Titan, Conception II) and they have a history with Kenka Bancho. I think they'll give it another shot. If Aksys wants to go for something similar they should start bringing over Million's 3DS & PS3 Kunio games.

LOL's pretty up in the air but it looks like a pretty desirable pickup. I feel like someone's bound to go for it after how well Bravely Default did.

Jeels

It's not uncommon at all for you to have stock sitting in store shelves all year...

And even if you don't, you could still have a bunch of excess inventory in warehouses that need clearing...

ZeroX03

Banned

sörine;145441270 said:
There's no way SE passes up Bravely Second after crowing about it's western sales. Them publishing is a lock, although sure it could slip to 2016.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban is still a little up in the air. Capcom wasn't as cagey with AA5 getting a Western release, hey might be waiting on Trilogy sales before jumping on localization.

For Bravely Second I'm guessing they'll skip the vanilla version and we get the enhanced version in Q2 2016 alongside Japan.

Xenoblade -> Fall

I'm not sure on this just because I would think they'd push for Xenoblade before releasing XCX which is due in Spring in Japan. Not sure how they'll spread the two games out.

Top Bottom