• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

You have a better chance of them cutting sprint and and ADS than of removing motion tracker. If we're delusional for not wanting sprint, you're delusional to think they'll cut something millions of Halo fans want and that has been in there since the start.

Motion tracker is a crutch, it's for casuals, it destroys map flow and control, it ruins competitive matches, blah blah blah. It's not something that is going away though. At best you can probably get one or two playlists that won't have it.

RowdyReverb

I dunno dude. I've been paired with all kinds of ranks. Golds, Silvers, Bronzes, irons, and even an onyx one time.
I wouldn't count on in getting better until more people have the game and have played it longer. People should settle into their natural skill levels given time, and with a larger player pool you should be able to get more even matches without having to wait an eternity. As it stands, there's just not enough players.

Zoojoo and I just ran into TCKaos in matchmaking. Good game, bro. Much better than us lol

I don't know whether to be proud of Kaos or disappointed in you guys.

cK5BWy6.gif

The game needs to avoid "classic" and MLG playlists.

Yeah this 100%. Halo since Reach's title update has been a mess of different rules and settings. It was ok when custom games were that way but matchmaking was consistent, but you never know anymore what you're getting. Keep consistent settings so people know what they're playing without having to do a google search.

GrizzNKev

Banned
There were also pictures of an ODST from the short, a Halo 4 poster, and a little MC helmet. Neill obviously still has an interest in Halo. Wish he could get back on it, I love his movies.

There were also pictures of an ODST from the short, a Halo 4 poster, and a little MC helmet. Neill obviously still has an interest in Halo. Wish he could get back on it, I love his movies.

Wasn't there a strong rumor that he may direct the Pilot of Spielbergs Halo show? Assuming that project actually happens I suspect he will have some involvement.

TCKaos

Crossed paths with Mix and zoojoo tonight. That was fun.

I'm sort of tired of being the best player on the losing team, and in some cases being the best player in the game bar none and still being on the losing team, and then losing rank for it.

At that point it's a thing entirely out of my control. When I'm holding my own against three Onyx guys and a Semi-Pro there's only so much I can do with two cripples and a toddler. Even Superman needs the Justice League every once in a while.

GGs Zoojoo, TCKaos (kinda), exWife, Daedalius, and Biggy. Had fun, we gotta do it again some time.

I was on Skype with TactileEnvelope 'cause he always shits out of Party and Game chat. But yeah, gg.

I don't know whether to be proud of Kaos or disappointed in you guys.

cK5BWy6.gif

oSDUuLQ.gif

A little of column A, a little of column B.

Ominym

Banned
That Elite concept art is real weird. I'm sure it would've been better in motion (though still ugly) but right now it's real difficult to tell what's where on the face.

daedalius

I really like this game.

It's going to be hard going back to h2a after the beta.

Not a huge fan of how the pistol handles still, it is different than the BR, which I love. Also the scope on the pistol I feel is too obscuring, much more so than the BR.

CliQ

So anyone know what time this week 2 is supposed to start? I heard it was it was on Friday just don't know what time.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So anyone know what time this week 2 is supposed to start? I heard it was it was on Friday just don't know what time.

I would assume that it will happen sometime between now and 11:59pm tonight.
:)

Played the beta for the first time today, I actually really like it so far. The Smart scope is a bit visually distracting on the BR and Magnum, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. The ground pound seems useless so far, wish it wasn't there, just seems like another way to humiliate people like assassinations.

The like the art style on Truth way more than Empire, both can really use some AA though, I realize it's a work in progress. Hope the Spartans end up looking shiny like they did in the renders, because it looks awesome.

I feel most weapons are viable options, it could use a little tuning, the SMG needs a nerf, I'd prefer the automatics didn't get such a boost from smart scope too. Though it's overall a good thing that automatics are actually a threat now, they should be.

This is probably mostly an echo of what others have been saying, but I wanted to share my thoughts. I had a blast tonight, looking forward to playing more!

Ramirez

Sprint is such a non issue man, if you're getting shot you can't sprint, you just keep stopping. Using that video as some kind of proof is hilarious.

DeadNames

Banned
Sprint is such a non issue man, if you're getting shot you can't sprint, you just keep stopping. Using that video as some kind of proof is hilarious.

Yeah sprint is definitely the least of my concern.

I'm more worried about:

the AR
Grenades
and the maps being built around clamber too much. IMO, clamber should be an added method of mobility. You shoulndn't have to clamber every jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom