• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dLitYIF.jpg
DUrsuGY.jpg
U4S6DT2.jpg
fdueC4Z.jpg

General
Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action
Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT2| 3V4 Industries
Halo MCC Buglist
Halo MCC 12.15.14 Patch/Update Notes
Halo Lore Discussion Thread

Community
civil_war.gif

HaloGAF Civil War (Director's Cut)

Halo 5
Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta: Behind the Scenes
Halo 5: Guardians Ranking System Breakdown

tumblr_nev0mtfOIo1qewoieo1_500.jpg

tumblr_neu76bi2rl1ro0c29o1_500.gif

Alternative titles:

Halo |OT 21| One Disc to Rule Them All
Halo |OT 21| Once More Into the Brig
Halo |OT 21| A Second Chance
Halo |OT 21| At Least There's A Beta
Halo |OT 21| This Disc Will Make Us Brothers

Art by this guy.
Pixel art by this guy.
Selfie from this gal.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
3nd.

And oh. That title is almost as bad as the other one!
Well I didn't want to make it to make it salty. I didn't want to quote any campaign's cause I'm sure everyone took the good lines by now and if I went with "One Disc to Rule Them All" there'd still be salt.

Even though the salt is reasonable given the unfortunate issues people are facing.

I'll probably just ask a mod to take out the live, die, respawn bit.

Still you should all see Edge of Tomorrow.
You're not Fracas.
You're not... uh Elzar?

Madness

Well I didn't want to make it to make it salty. I didn't want to quote campaign cause I'm sure everyone took the good lines by now and if I went with One Disc to Rule Them All there'd still be salt.

Even though the salt is reasonable given the unfortunate issues people are facing.

I'll probably just ask a mod to take out the live, die, respawn bit.

Still you should all see Edge of Tomorrow.

You're not... uh Elzar?

Artwork looks pretty great! I think the title works too. No sarcastic snark or salt.

jem0208

I dont know why, but I swear halo 3 in the MCC feels like a pc port. Maybe its just the 8 axis movement.
Which is really stupid, its impossible to walk in a dead straight line.

You need to push the stick exactly straight up. Bit awkward.

Nirvana

Unfortunate release. They clearly put a lot of work into the game and it has tons and tons of content, but these release day problems, whether they're patched or not aren't going to be forgotten by the more bitter members of the community.

Overall I'm still going to play this game a lot, and those people saying 343 should be 'ashamed' are being ridiculously hyperbolic. 343 should be proud they had the balls to take on such a gargantuan task, and hopefully they'll iron out these (major) kinks so we can all enjoy the game.

Guerrilla

If they can get matchmaking to work properly within the next few hours and get the rest patched up within the next couple of days, all is forgiven from my side. I'm easy to please ;)

This situation still sucks though, but everything under 48 hours is not too big of a clusterfuck.

(I will change my mind on forgiveness when the 72hour mark is reached...)

I know there are much bigger problems but in MM I get split parties every time and get split from the person I am playing split screen with almost every time.

The Master Chief Collection is still a hot mess, Halo 2's campaign is still bad compared to other Halo games. I still will play MCC a lot till Halo 5.

Hey, new OT. Still trying to download MCC it's been like 12 hours.

Also, why is the Halo Ring for Halo 4 purple? I thought 343i hated purple.

Gandhi's stream quotes

"You know it's fucked up when Ghost Ayame is playing Halo CE on Legendary"

"It's like you released rotten bread"

Caayn

Just started watching Nightfall, and I wonder if anyone bothered to proof read the subtitles. Errors exist, both grammatically and lots isn't subtitled at all, and I'm not even a native English speaker. Also the subtitles don't always match what is being said by the actors for example: "What's a Covenant drop ship doing here" is subtitled as "Hell's Covenant doing here?" and "Not good. We're moving people, split up" is subtitled as "Not good. We're moving people. Can't lose 'em".

Also, sorry if this has been asked before but will there be a blu-ray release for Nightfall once it's finished?

jem0208

Just started watching Nightfall as well.

It's pretty good actually. Campy sci-fi but it's quite fun. The acting isn't as bad as some people have made it out to be, on the whole it's not bad.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Oh wow, I just got a game after about 2 minutes of waiting! Maybe things are starting to improve.

Sordid

Just started watching Nightfall, and I wonder if anyone bothered to proof read the subtitles. Errors exist, both grammatically and lots isn't subtitled at all, and I'm not even a native English speaker. Also the subtitles don't always match what is being said by the actors for example: "What's a Covenant drop ship doing here" is subtitled as "Hell's Covenant doing here?" and "Not good. We're moving people, split up" is subtitled as "Not good. We're moving people. Can't lose 'em".

Also, sorry if this has been asked before but will there be a blu-ray release for Nightfall once it's finished?

You got a step further than me, when I tried to switch on subtitles it changed the video to the H2A documentary and I had to quit the app to watch Nightfall again.

Edit:

"Please try again

For some reason Halo: The Master Chief Collection has taken too long to start (0x8027025a)"

I can't even load this game anymore, I've tried hard rebooting and everything. I'd reinstall but it's 60gig :/

TTUVAPOR

Banned
My fav in hce when you die in mp, "press space to clear" lol, hlarious... Where was the quality assurance in this game??

You got a step further than me, when I tried to switch on subtitles it changed the video to the H2A documentary and I had to quit the app to watch Nightfall again.

Edit:

"Please try again

For some reason Halo: The Master Chief Collection has taken too long to start (0x8027025a)"

I can't even load this game anymore, I've tried hard rebooting and everything. I'd reinstall but it's 60gig :/

Tried this?

http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-som...025a-error-message-how-fix-tv-problem-1487376

To turn off Instant On, go into the Xbox One’s Settings by pressing the Menu button (three horizontal lines slightly left of XYAB), and then Settings, or say “Xbox, go to Settings.” Then go to Power and startup.

Select Power Options, and then switch from Instant-On mode to energy-saving mode. This will allow the Xbox One to completely shut down. Although it prevents owners from saying “Xbox On” to power up their console, it allows the TV app to restart, and begin functioning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom