• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

Kensuke

Please elaborate on how we can do more damage to Level 33 enemies as Level 32 characters.

Why do you need more damage? Knights get stun locked by snipers and the wizard goes down quick with rockets. Focus fire can still melt everything and there are only a few real targets.

GRIP

Sorry guys, my psn was acting up when I was trying to go through my settings and nothing was loading till I got the friend request.

Mattiator

Spent a few hours earlier on HM crota team didn't finish was close anyone willing to give me a hand in an hour and a half 9pst 12 est when the kids are off to sleep.

Agent

Thanks for the run dudes. Phantom, killer work as the first time swordbearer.

Yep, quick and painless run. Now I have enough shards to get my titan to 32 and match my 32 Warlock / Hunter.

Thanks again to all for letting me be a sword bearing noob. It was a lot of fun and I think I got a good feel for the timing on the last run. Would have killed him in two swords if I didn't miss a R2 like a noob haha.

Why do you need more damage? Knights get stun locked by snipers and the wizard goes down quick with rockets. Focus fire can still melt everything and there are only a few real targets.

We are limited to level 32 yet Bungie chose level 33 enemies as a way to nerf damage without having to nerf weapons. A 33 major knight takes up to 4 Ghorn rockets to down.

What. The. Fuck.

Enemies are sponges and it feels like we are level 29 fighting level 30 enemies all over again.

HighOnPCP

wait you don't get deathsinger loot if you already did it on normal? bummmer

soooo can anybody hook me up with a crota HM checkpoint? I really can't be bothered to do deathsinger if I don't get anything for ir lol

I'm down to keep going.

Anyone else?

If you have room, I'll be glad to join

Kill Spanky immediately to maximize time to get three sword runs in. You should take 50-60% of his health if it goes perfect. Basically rinse and repeat.

The problems as mentioned are.........

The knights. Even with maxed Black Hammers and Icebreakers because of the higher level BS, it takes more hits to kill them while they spam their projectiles faster and a lot more than ever seen. Plus the splash damage is increased.

The effect of the level difference was really irritating me during a run earlier and the behavior of the knights as you mentioned. x__x

Lima

Nah. Bungie said it's from hard raid in their update.

Well yeah it drops from Crota on hard but I'm thinking Eris will give us some kind of quest line to complete first to then get it to drop. You get what I'm saying? Like it's impossible that between all the people that beat hard today no one has it.

forrest

formerly nacire
Aight GAF been workin all day ready to hit up CE hard mode.

32 Hunter, plenty of sword exp

Forrest_Crump

*looking for a full run

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
We are limited to level 32 yet Bungie chose level 33 enemies as a way to nerf damage without having to nerf weapons. A 33 major knight takes up to 4 Ghorn rockets to down.

What. The. Fuck.

Enemies are sponges and it feels like we are level 29 fighting level 30 enemies all over again.
Are you doing the Crota fight now?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you have room, I'll be glad to join

The effect of the level difference was really irritating me during a run earlier and the behavior of the knights as you mentioned. x__x

It's pretty sad when you have three people with full maxed out 333 primaries emptying a full clip on precision shots to kill one knight. That's a lot of ammo to kill one enemy when there are dozens.

Daemul

Well yeah it drops from Crota on hard but I'm thinking Eris will give us some kind of quest line to complete first to then get it to drop. You get what I'm saying? Like it's impossible that between all the people that beat hard today no one has it.

It only drops if you do a flawless run

Lord save us if so

My group made it to the Deathsinger before calling it a night (such a pain). Final Bridge try was ridiculous. Only two people were left alive on the other side, and I managed to kill the second Ogre. I was so sure that the Annihilator's Totem was gonna be the end of me, but nothing happened

kidko

It's pretty sad when you have three people with full maxed out 333 primaries emptying a full clip on precision shots to kill one knight. That's a lot of ammo to kill one enemy when there are dozens.

Is there somewhere else the party can stand when working on Spanky? Maybe they're trying to tell us not to stand there anymore.

Kensuke

What. The. Fuck.

You are playing with 6 level 32's. Together your firepower far outclasses any knight or wizard. Yeah, the enemies have a lot of health, but you're supposed to work together. That's how a raid should work.

So much this. Two Major knights that were together took all 7 of my heavy Ghorn ammo. What the fjaoanapamdla

Mindlog

If anyone needs a Crota killer I'm looking :]
Normal. I don't have too much time.

Actually it's not difficult to beat Crota in HM but those Ogres are very hard to kill. That's where we were dying mostly lol.
Trying to pull them to the sides can be difficult.

We were so close to completing the pre-ogre kill. Frustrating to taste it, but not able to close it. It will be done soon though. Believe dat.

I will be using the pre-ogre method on Normal Crota from now on. Almost guaranteed 1.5 sword kill.
Success I guess because it now deserves the name hard mode unlike the joke that VoG HM became after you were level 30.

Between my 3 characters I have all 4 primaries already. Leveled the scout to 331 with today's bounties and gonna go for the hand cannon tomorrow. HC as expected is shit and has nothing on Fatebringer.

Crux of Crota I'm gonna guess has something to do with an Eris quest line cause even if the drop rate is as low as the Vex no one in the world has that shit yet and that is statistically impossible.
I enjoy the challenge, but something about the encounter feels like there is very little room for creativity. Even after spending most of the day coming up with different ways to solve the puzzle. Totally may be the case that I am over-blowing it by putting to much into first day results and Normal mode experience.

zewone

If anyone needs a Crota killer I'm looking :]
Normal. I don't have too much time.

Trying to pull them to the sides can be difficult.

We were so close to completing the pre-ogre kill. Frustrating to taste it, but not able to close it. It will be done soon though. Believe dat.

I will be using the pre-ogre method on Normal Crota from now on. Almost guaranteed 1.5 sword kill.

I enjoy the challenge, but something about the encounter feels like there is very little room for creativity. Even after spending most of the day coming up with different ways to solve the puzzle. Totally may be the case that I am over-blowing it by putting to much into first day results and Normal mode experience.
I don't know. My team had to put out brains together to beat the raid blind and a strategy we came up with on the fly worked for us. It was very rewarding.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Holy Shit, Bungie goes out the way to save Hard Mode Corta, so we as the community can be QA for them, get the bugs and glitches removed for them for free

Then Hard Mode still carries the same STUPID FUCKING GLITCHES NORMAL HAS!

GOOD JOB BUNGIE, Go out of your way to remove glitches/bug/workarounds, but god fucking forbid you look at the code internally and see the shit that has been present since Day 1 of CE is STILL FUCKING THERE!

Really, almost out of 10 starts at the crystal, the Knights break through the glass 8 times, so roughly 80% of the time, the Knights go Praetorian stupid and just try to kill the Guardians
I can't believe how many times they bum rush you and if you don't have a Saint 14 Titan, your pretty much fucked for that time, cause you can't down them quick cause we being 32 even with 331 Attack weapons, they are goddamn tanks that take for fucking ever to kill
Seriously I understand challenge and difficulty should be used for Harder versions, but shouldn't be artificially inflated by causing more frustration not at getting the mechanics right but more up to luck if some fucked up coding on your part already puts us at a disadvantage

I mean for fuck sakes, did you not learn anything from fucking VoG or VoG HM, for all the community does to break your game that you have to keep patching with sarcastic headlines, you should sit down and figure out why we do so
It's infuriating that it takes roughly 4-5 Ice Breaker shots to drop a Knight at the towers or to bring a Gatekeeper as cheat/cheese deterrent \, which has no bonus to it
Kill it and gain nothing, no buff to help, just there for shits n' giggles

Then even when bypassing that artificial difficulty phase, the Sword vanishing after killing the Swordbearer and it vanishing, leaving us w/o damage output on Crota for rotation is goddamn unbelievable that it's still around since CE released in December
So your fucking telling me, from all the QA the community for roughly 7 weeks and people posted the problem, not one coder went back to see why on fucking earth this happens, yet you are quickly to patch double swords, your half ass QA team forgot to even think about

My god the game went from decent back to the shithole it was in with VoG glitches bogging people down from enjoying end game content
It's not we need a nerf or shit is too hard and can't be defeated, but when mechanics that are out of your hand and are forcing you to find ways to cheese it or find the best safest way possible, you are really are the perpetrators, not the community
Strategies will be formed, sooner or later cheeses will be found, but most will just scoff at the stupid difficulty curve and glitches/bugs that burden this end game content from being enjoyable

Seriously at this moment, it's better to run 3 normals and then run 3 hard runs up till bridge
The scout or hand cannon aren't that much of a game changer where having them will make you break through this artificial ceiling you created
So far no sign of Crux, holding it back for a few weeks me thinks, so you can patch out a more few cheeses and then release it alongside with it

It's one thing not learning the mechanic or perfecting the flow of how to do it, it's another when the game forces you to repeatedly die and force frustration that you had no hand in doing
Seriously I burned through so many packs not because of wipes, that's always a given, but the Heaven weapon ammo glitch is so infuriating that, if the round doesn't go your way or the turnout is not perfect, you get penalized heavily for doing what the game asks you to do overcome these obstacles
I have grabbed heavy synths and went from 3 to 7 ammo from my GHORN for only to wipe and see I'm back down to 4, or worse if you are at 0 and grab 2-3 ammo before oversoul, your next run your down to 1 ammo, 1

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YA'LL, FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME, it's like I have to rant every 2-3 months and get banned just to make you feel how we players are feeling when we invest hours upon hours and these shortcomings are at the fault of your hands

Yeah as much as you say you play this game, it's complete horseshit, cause you would have fixed all this frustration not just dole it out on the community

Top Bottom