• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come

At Gorgons for a few minutes. On vita so no mic. Psn ltwood12
The Vita has a built-in mic.
gZgrGNg.jpg

I've hit the breaking point. As much as I love partying up with my team, trying to do things legit and hardly get rewarded with anything. Flat out demoralizing. Taking a long break.

GhaleonEB

Soooo many angry people damn.

After a ~2 month wait, hard mode CE is hard because of glitches and added bullet sponges. I had (unfounded) optimism it would be hard for more interesting reasons. I think even those who didn't have reason to be grouchy.
I've hit the breaking point. As much as I love partying up with my team, trying to do things legit and hardly get rewarded with anything. Flat out demoralizing. Taking a long break.

I've gotten exactly one exotic drop, ever. Half dozen or so Nightfalls, (almost) three raid runs. I enjoy the weekly strikes/Nightfalls, but I've long since calibrated my expectations to "hosed".

Deku Tree

Anyone have Crota HM CP to share?

I was one of two on my team alive to finished the bridge part... And I was one of two on my team to not get the assault rifle.

Kensuke

After a ~2 month wait, hard mode CE is hard because of glitches and added bullet sponges. I had (unfounded) optimism it would be hard for more interesting reasons. I think even those who didn't have reason to be grouchy.

I agree Bungie didn't do nearly enough to make HM really different. I do think the Crota fight is way more interesting now though. Finding ways to recover health without the chalice, the extra wizard that wants to wreck the plan, the way it prevents you to go to the mid so you have to find a way to fight the ogres, killing Crota during his oversoul. There are more new elements than just the annoying glitches and the sponge enemies.

Hard Crota isn't hard. It's just friggin cheap.

Up until Crota everything is business as usual for the most part with tougher enemies. I could see myself doing everything up until Crota himself on Hard and just doing quick Normal kills.

My loot was nothing I couldn't have gotten on Normal for my 3 characters (it's been Radiants/dupes for weeks) so there is zero incentive for me to spend hours killing Crota for Radiant Energy. Fuck. That. Noise.

Mindlog

And to be honest I'm not really grouchy even after hours of not being able to close. We got really close!

What if Presence of Crota slowly are orbs of light?
What if the Chalice Holder was the only one that could produce orbs of light?

What we got was a wizard replacing a knight, no chalice and a gatekeeper to block off the map. I've still enjoyed my time in Hard Mode, but it's hard not to be left wanting.

LiK

Fucking hell, playing solo in Control today keeps putting me into losing teams that are already in progress. Lame

Lima

Oh and if you have enough to max out one primary make it the auto rifle. Just do it and thank me later.

I honestly didn't expect it but those wizards during the bridge part and Crota fight don't like it at all. It's the surprise weapon of this raid for me. Really cool. The added damage to hive majors is a nice bonus. Hand cannon is trash as expected and scout is a-okay. I'm not even gonna mention the pulse rifle cause that shit is so terrible it should go right into the trash to its buddy the Timepiece.

Not even sure what day they're usually uploaded but is there supposed to be a new Mythocast this week? Figured that you all were waiting for Hard Mode to hit as I'm guessing that'll be your main topic, but any ETA?

zewone

Oh and if you have enough to max out one primary make it the auto rifle. Just do it and thank me later.

I honestly didn't expect it but those wizards during the bridge part and Crota fight don't like it at all. It's the surprise weapon of this raid for me. Really cool. The added damage to hive majors is a nice bonus. Hand cannon is trash as expected and scout is a-okay. I'm not even gonna mention the pulse rifle cause that shit is so terrible it should go right into the trash to its buddy the Timepiece.
I really want that auto rifle. I have one other character to clear the bridge with. Fingers crossed.

MMO's do this kind of stuff all the time, but not on 3 month intervals. Burnout is a serious problem they are going to have to tackle.

Game needs longer cycles and more content per cycle.

Yeah but not like Destiny where you have to re roll your existing exotic to match the changes instead of getting new weapons to fight back.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Meh...never been salty before about game mechanics..think I am gonna take a break from destiny for a little while. I was getting burnt out but after this shit kinda broke whatever is left. Disapointed in myself for fucking up. Much Love for the community and it is one of the best gaming community I have played with :) great raid team I had and it was always a blast! Personally I always enjoyed helping players and playing with the regulars aka majority of the community :)

I hope to return sometimes soon.
We will always have
lesbian bears
. Stay safe out there!

Ji66a-Man

Today's haul from Xbox Crota HM: hand cannon, pulse rifle, auto rifle, hunter & warlock helms, HM shaders, mats, & dupe exotic weapons. Gonna find some time later this week for PS Crota HM runs.

Arrrammis

I really wish they had actually changed more things for hard raid. Stuff like:
-different abyss "maze" than before. I ran through with my screen brightness on maximum and all of the lights in the room on. I couldn't see where I was going half the time, but I still knew exactly where every lamp, hole, and rock was. Really, it's just kinda boring.
-different system for the bridge. As much fun as it is shooting limitless enemies in about a 2 meter diameter circle, it gets really boring. Why not have the totems move whenever a gatekeeper is killed? Maybe replace the the totems with a hold item that debuffs the holder, perhaps applying the weight of darkness, which starts to lift when the totem is dropped, beginning a countdown to death if someone is building the bridge(meaning juggling and coordination with your group!).
-Deathsinger- We see Omnigul, the Will of Crota, in tons of the DLC missions. She can summon up ogres, exploders, pretty much every hive enemy, and she's just an agent. Ir Yut is the closest thing to Crota's personal bodyguard (I assume since she's right before Crota). It would make sense that she could summon hive monstrosities, perhaps calling them in different locations throughout the fight. But no, acolytes and knights should so it. Right?
-Crota: Nothing new. A few cheese were addressed, enemy health was boosted, and the Chalice was removed. Frustrating, especially when Crota goes directly from kneeling to a lunge, or the sword disappears completely.

Sorry for the rant, just kinda had to express it. I had hoped in a month of extra time, we could have gotten something more than exactly the same raid with bullet sponges instead of normal enemies.

Good run guys. Didn't do Crota, but the first three parts went smoothly.

Thanks sooooo much for setting up the run. I wasn't really planning on being able to do much tonight.

First check point - Raid Pulse Rifle

Second check point - Raid AR

Deathsinger drop...

GJALLARHORN!!!!

That's going to be a hard 20 mins to top. I think my destiny career just peaked.

Abylim

My girlfriend started playing, shes 25.

We cant seem to get nay matchmaking on Vanguard ROC, though. Any Gaffer up for doing a few Rocs with us? I'm 31, shes 25. PSN Abylim.

Heading out soon, so we will do it a bit later on.

zewone

Thanks sooooo much for setting up the run. I wasn't really planning on being able to do much tonight.

Deathsinger drop...

GJALLARHORN!!!!

That's going to be a hard 20 mins to top. I think my destiny career just peaked.
Awesome run. Congrats!

Had to call it for the night, passing out while playing. So tired.

No Crota kill today unfortunately.

I have the day off work tomorrow so I'll be online by 9am EST ready to tackle Crota again.

Deathsinger drop...

GJALLARHORN!!!!

Oh lawd, didn't realize you had all the drop in that run lol. If we some how managed to beat Crota you probably would had received The Word of Crota along with the Crux of Crota.

Top Bottom