• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grim Fandango Remastered |OT| The Excelsior Line Edition

ZeroX03

Banned
Why would you remote play it? To save on install size?

I just tested for the hell of it. Someone in these threads always comes in and says "has anyone tried remote play?" so I thought I'd beat them to it. But yeah honestly I might play some Grim in bed and the Vita version is pretty big so why bother? e: and as the other guy mentioned, Android devices. I have a Shield and Vita. Also it seems the PS4 version has slightly better 3D models by looking at those Vita shots on the last page.

According to the Store

PS4 Version: 4,2 GB
PSVita Version: 7,2 GB

?????

Can anyone confirm this ?

Vita version is 3.4 GB.

I've never played this game before, but geez the Tank controls sure do take me back to my very young days aha.

Is there anyway to walk faster?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
"With bony hands I hold my partner
On soulless feet we cross the floor
The music stops as if to answer
An empty knocking at the door
It seems his skin was sweet as mango
When last I held him to my breast
But now we dance this grim fandango
And will four years before we rest."

It's been too long Manny. I'll see you soon.

Remastered visuals really look off to me, looks dull. Really enjoying this though, going in fresh since this is the first Lucas Arts game that didnt have a Mac release at the time.

deleted

I would like to have it on steam, but it's 5 Euro more there than on gog.com... Why can't I buy it through gmg? Didn't they get any codes?

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't realize this was available today! I saw the Steam popup and immediately bought it. I've never played it before, but wanted it available digitally for ages. Dreams really do come true.

I see mention of a crash so I hope there's a save system, or a way to backup saves or something, and not just cloud saves that are harder to deal with.

Hanmik

I didn't realize this was available today! I saw the Steam popup and immediately bought it. I've never played it before, but wanted it available digitally for ages. Dreams really do come true.

I see mention of a crash so I hope there's a save system, or a way to backup saves or something, and not just cloud saves that are harder to deal with.

there is no autosave system.. just normal save system. Go to pause menu and save game. There is ONLY an option for one kind of save, and it is a cloud save (so you can cross-save with the vita).. the save takes a while, like 2+ minutes each time.

So believe it or not I had never even heard of Grim Fandango until looking up some of the easter eggs in Guacamelee when I was playing it last night. Funny that the remastered edition came out within 24 hours of discovering it, makes me veeery tempted to either buy it for my Mac or Vita (only platforms I have for it). Any recommendations?

cheesekao

So believe it or not I had never even heard of Grim Fandango until looking up some of the easter eggs in Guacamelee when I was playing it last night. Funny that the remastered edition came out within 24 hours of discovering it, makes me veeery tempted to either buy it for my Mac or Vita (only platforms I have for it). Any recommendations?
The only difference between the two is that one is portable and the other isn't. Just pick the system you're more comfortable with.

Donos

I know. It's perhaps one of the most wonderful trophies/achievements to ever exist.

Now people who deeply yearn to platinum every game will feel forced to play with a control scheme that they're completely uncomfortable with!

Hahahaha!

Trophy hunters play hannah montana for plats and beat zico times in wipeout hd. I think they are fine :)

Looking forward to this game. One of the few true classic games i passed, growing up.

Ivan

Is there a 4:3 mode with black bars instead of those nice, grey and painted?

And I don't get those new controls. Ok, there's a point n click mode, but are there just non tank analog controls?

ZeroX03

Banned
Is there a 4:3 mode with black bars instead of those nice, grey and painted?

And I don't get those new controls. Ok, there's a point n click mode, but are there just non tank analog controls?

Yes there's 4:3 with black bars instead of borders and on PS4 the default is non-tank analog.

aravuus

Man I can't fucking wait to give this game finally a proper try. I played it on my dad's PC when I was a kid but I barely knew English back then and all I got out of the game was that the character's accents were funny lol

Boem

As for people(person?) talking about crashes: I played for a couple of hours so far without a hitch. Could just be his system. I'm playing the Steam version.

There's no autosave though, so remember to save manually.

I can't get over how good Manny looks. This is fucking great. Definitive version of the game for sure.

Oh, and the remastered soundtrack is so damn good. I also make sure to listen to every bit of commentary, there's some good stuff in there.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Downloading now!!!

EDIT: Huh...I bought it but it's actually not downloading, and when I go to download it from the store it simply says 'start'. When I hit start, it says it can't find the game.

Mistle

Excited for this. I've played up to the final chapter twice, got stuck, refused to look up a walkthrough and gradually just stopped playing. But it was enough for it to become one of my favourite games.

Going to finish it this time.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yep, so I hit 'start' on PSN and it says "Cannot find the application. Do you want to look in PlayStation Store?". This takes me to the same screen I was already on. The game isn't on my system and the store won't let me download it. Great!

Yep, so I hit 'start' on PSN and it says "Cannot find the application. Do you want to look in PlayStation Store?". This takes me to the same screen I was already on. The game isn't on my system and the store won't let me download it. Great!

Go to the web store, click on your download list, and download to your ps4 that way. Everyone has been having issues with this game since before it was released today aha.

Just finished
Year One.
Certainly is a weirdly compelling game that makes me want to see where it goes aha.

Green Yoshi

9f3e2047ed.png

Wait, there's a PS3-version? Does the game feature cross save as Motorstorm RC?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Go to the web store, click on your download list, and download to your ps4 that way. Everyone has been having issues with this game since before it was released today aha.

Just finished
Year One.
Certainly is a weirdly compelling game that makes me want to see where it goes aha.

Thanks yeah. I had just done that before you responded. Going to the game's store page website wasn't working, nor was my download list or library on the PS4. The only thing that worked was clicking on download list from my account. Strange.

DKehoe

Is there any indication of when the EU version is available? I'm not actually going to have to wait until tomorrow, am I?

Cob32

Is there any indication of when the EU version is available? I'm not actually going to have to wait until tomorrow, am I?

Not too sure. A mod over on the double fine forum claimed it would be 27th. Store updates on a Wednesday but resident evil was up on the Tuesday so lets wait and see.

Top Bottom