• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

LooseLips

Ive got some new, some old. Havent taken some major updated shots in ages. Here are a collection of my place at various stages.

1451480_10152014016504512_2085419100_n.jpg

OMF and G. Where did you get that clock??

EDIT: Found it: http://woodize.com/store/products/lamina-nixie-clock/

sadly beyond my current 'justify-to-wife budget. But, dear god, it's beautiful!

Ive got some new, some old. Havent taken some major updated shots in ages. Here are a collection of my place at various stages.

1451480_10152014016504512_2085419100_n.jpg

OMF and G. Where did you get that clock??

EDIT: Found it: http://woodize.com/store/products/lamina-nixie-clock/

sadly beyond my current 'justify-to-wife budget. But, dear god, it's beautiful!

Hey man yeah it's a lamina nixie. Zoltan makes some Damn fine clocks.

It's expensive for sure, however that and my eames chair are two things I needed no matter the cost.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make my setup look cool / awesome?
More colour. Like a feature wall behind the TV or something. Some people are do scared of a little colour in their place, I love some bright colours in living spaces!

Mohonky

Ive got some new, some old. Havent taken some major updated shots in ages. Here are a collection of my place at ]

Hold up......how is it you shell out on nice gear in your headphones and dac / amp for the headphones, then your main home theatre speakers are JBL ES100's?

Hold up......how is it you shell out on nice gear in your headphones and dac / amp for the headphones, then your main home theatre speakers are JBL ES100's?
What's wrong with them? They are fine for what they are and I see no reason to upgrade as I live in a one bedroom.

eXistor

How did you get the Witcher statue? That's the one included in the CE right? Looks cool at any rate! I have it pre-ordered myself.

Hey guys, I am currently looking for some pretty good Bookshelf speaker stands. Not looking to break the bank here. looking to spend anywhere from 40-80 bucks. at least 30" high to clear my couch. any insight would be great.

How did you get the Witcher statue? That's the one included in the CE right? Looks cool at any rate! I have it pre-ordered myself.
Indeed it is. Some gamestop employees got them early I believe. Some of them were idiots and sold them on eBay. I bought it for $50

Goddamn simple and beautiful. I love this. What speakers are those? And is that a Mac Mini/your primary home computer?

Those are Audioengine A2's. Great, affordable, high-quality speakers. Love 'em!

And yes: the Mac Mini is my primary computer. Looking to upgrade eventually, but for now it does the trick. Can even run most of the Mac Steam games pretty well!

finalflame

Those are Audioengine A2's. Great, affordable, high-quality speakers. Love 'em!

And yes: the Mac Mini is my primary computer. Looking to upgrade eventually, but for now it does the trick. Can even run most of the Mac Steam games pretty well!

Very nice, thanks for the link on the speakers. I am considering a Mini, just to keep my MBP Retina disconnected, and because I've grown too accustomed to having iMessage and using OSX to transition back to Windows once I build my new gaming PC. (currently my MBP hooked up to my peripherals via Thunderbolt is my main PC).

Bgamer90

Banned
Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make my setup look cool / awesome?

Your setup has always been very nice but I would recommend hanging some frames with pictures that have color (e.g.: simple minimalist patters or movie/game posters) -- it would make your setup "pop" more.

Just my opinion though. :)

Very nice, thanks for the link on the speakers. I am considering a Mini, just to keep my MBP Retina disconnected, and because I've grown too accustomed to having iMessage and using OSX to transition back to Windows once I build my new gaming PC. (currently my MBP hooked up to my peripherals via Thunderbolt is my main PC).

If you want some similar speakers but passives - check out the white and blue versions of the KEF LS50s. Fantastic speakers and $1500 for both.

Here is my current setup. My apartment is pretty small and crappy so all my gaming stuff is in this corner.
room1_zpsds8sm5d9.jpg

Systems. PS4, PS3, and Wii U. The thing with red on it at the bottom left is a fightstick. I don't have the reciever plugged in or surround sound hooked up because the walls are pretty thin and I don't want to be a dick.

room2_zpse364ovhe.jpg

Where the magic happens. Hayabusa's blade is broken and I never bothered to glue it back on :/
room3_zps9kcxelmx.jpg

room4_zpslbbppwc3.jpg

Games. Once upon a time I had hundreds of games. Now I just have a shelf.
room5_zpsj2s6bvu5.jpg

Here's my setup. My first place on my own, it's a smallish apartment, but I like it! Allows me to save some more cash until I'm moving into something bigger. Still waiting for a canvas to arrive and looking for some other small decorations. I'm not 100% done yet, but I feel like it's completed far enough to show.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Bonus panorama:
IMG_0067.jpg

kakashi08

Here is my current setup. My apartment is pretty small and crappy so all my gaming stuff is in this corner.

Systems. PS4, PS3, and Wii U. The thing with red on it at the bottom left is a fightstick. I don't have the reciever plugged in or surround sound hooked up because the walls are pretty thin and I don't want to be a dick.

Where the magic happens. Hayabusa's blade is broken and I never bothered to glue it back on :/

Games. Once upon a time I had hundreds of games. Now I just have a shelf.

Isn't it hard to play pc games with the keyboard and mouse not on the same level?

Isn't it hard to play pc games with the keyboard and mouse not on the same level?

I dunno. The only game I play on PC is Final Fantasy XIV (and Final Fantasy XI before that) and I usually use a controller. When I use the keyboard I do have a hard time attacking, dodging, and moving the camera at the same time. I'm pretty sure that's just because I'm a scrub though.

oxidax

Here's my decidedly spartan, function over form setup, doubles as my bike workshop in the winter because the garage is too cold.

4ZdbSSZ.jpg

Some of you guys have some absolutely gorgeous rooms, my hat is off to those that can maintain those ultra clean modern looks.

What keyboard table is that? I need something like that for my couch gaming.

Here's my setup. My first place on my own, it's a smallish apartment, but I like it! Allows me to save some more cash until I'm moving into something bigger. Still waiting for a canvas to arrive and looking for some other small decorations. I'm not 100% done yet, but I feel like it's completed far enough to show.
IMG_0067.jpg

Good taste. That's (hopefully) how my place will look when I'll get my own.

Qasiel

Bonus panorama:
IMG_0067.jpg

This is beautiful. Clean, simplistic and light. Plus that's a nice looking longboard you've got there!

Thanks for the compliments, guys! Really appreciate it.

I ordered all my stuff online from different webshops, except for the dinner table and desk, which I got from Ikea. I liked them because they best matched the rest of the interior, imo. And they were cheap, so if the quality was bad, it wouldn't be a big loss. Turns out it's actually pretty good quality.

The chairs are Consolium Woody (by Butik). They were cheaper buying 'em in pairs, but I see they've since been discounted anyway (in the Netherlands at least). Really love these chairs. They sit so comfortable and are very supportive for the lower back area.

The side tables (functioning as speaker stands) and coffee table (which is actually a large side table) are from the BEE series by Zuiver.

Here's my setup. I actually did a decent job cleaning for a Super Bowl get-together so I decided to grab a few pictures while it lasted.

Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen area:

Also, that last picture has inspired me to fix those three atrocious wires.

I have a 50ft HDMI cable running from this computer to the TV in the den (through the wall) so I'm able to comfy couch my computer games. I love it.

How did you hide the wires in your living room setup?

IMG_0060.jpg

You are a mentally stronger person then me. I realize the hippo head is probably very secure on the wall but I would have problems seeing that every day and not envisioning it falling down, crushing the screen below. :p

Your setup looks very clean and stylish so far.

bathsalts

What keyboard table is that? I need something like that for my couch gaming.

Its from a company called Obutto and comes with the cockpit setup, it is sold separately too but you would have to devise your own base since it is designed to be bolted to the side rail of the chair. The tray itself is a big sheet of steel so whatever it gets bolted to needs to be rock solid.
EQIMAGE_05743-500x500.JPG

Mbrill82

If you want some similar speakers but passives - check out the white and blue versions of the KEF LS50s. Fantastic speakers and $1500 for both.

LS50s are amazing but in a totally different prices range than the A2+. $1500 plus whatever you have to spend on an amp as opposed to $250 for the A2+ which don't require an amp and have a built in DAC.

I have the regular A2s and I love the sound, I think for the price they offer maybe the best bang for your buck.

The KEF LS50s on the other hand are probably my most lusted after speaker, I just can't afford them at the moment. They look so nice and sound divine. I prefer the original black/gold to the white/blue version though.

Just a heads up, for those of you invested in the ever-popular Besta line from Ikea, I was there yesterday and all Besta items were marked as Last Chance, so it seems like they might be phasing it out.

LS50s are amazing but in a totally different prices range than the A2+. $1500 plus whatever you have to spend on an amp as opposed to $250 for the A2+ which don't require an amp and have a built in DAC.

I have the regular A2s and I love the sound, I think for the price they offer maybe the best bang for your buck.

The KEF LS50s on the other hand are probably my most lusted after speaker, I just can't afford them at the moment. They look so nice and sound divine. I prefer the original black/gold to the white/blue version though.
Man I love them too. I love the white blue ones. They need a decent amp though so maybe you are right about not being in the same range.

I'm pairing mine when I get them with a devialet 120.

What type of tree/plant is that on the left next to the fridge
well I think it's a fridge

Also does the plant attract any bugs. I've been wanting to get a small plant/tree for my room, and your one really caught my eye.
It's a fridge indeed. The plant is a Bonsai Ficus. It was a lot nicer when I got it afew months ago. A lot of leaves dropped off already unfortunately and I'm not sure what's caused it. As far as I can tell it doesn't attract bugs or insects, but it's winter season over here, so there isn't really many creeping/flying around to begin with.
You are a mentally stronger person then me. I realize the hippo head is probably very secure on the wall but I would have problems seeing that every day and not envisioning it falling down, crushing the screen below. :p

Your setup looks very clean and stylish so far.
Haha, thanks :). It almost slid through my fingers when looking where to hang the head. It's securely attached to the wall atm. Should it fall anyway, my insurance will help out though. So it's all good!

Tabris

Your setup has always been very nice but I would recommend hanging some frames with pictures that have color (e.g.: simple minimalist patters or movie/game posters) -- it would make your setup "pop" more.

Just my opinion though. :)

Every single major wall (non-corner) is covered in artwork (see below image). I don't have many walls, it's all windows. The windows are meant to provide the "pop", as well as the accents (throw pillows, statues, speakers / electronics)

P1KsY7u.jpg

masterkyle

Neo Member
My gaming room/bedroom:

Assorted games etc.:

Details:
Samsung UN46EH5300
Samsung 5.1 Surround System
Custom Built Tower PC
(dual core Athlon x2 8gb ram, etc. basic but gets job done)
Asus F5A Laptop
Seagate 3TB External HD
Motorola Moto G
Sony Ericsson sk17i
Nexus 7 2013 FHD
Sony PS3 Slim
Sony Wireless Headset

Not shown:
NES
PS2 Slim

Stevey

Bought a new desk today, had my old one for 11 years :V

Not the prettiest thing but it's nice and big which is what I wanted.

V7UG5pH.jpg

Egorgeg

Neo Member
Posted in the last one (2014), couldn't post pictures right so nobody saw them really. Just a quick post to see what people think.

fK8LV.jpg

Genio88

Here is mine, unfortunately i have to share a small room so that's what i get...
From the left Sony HMZ-T1, Xbox One, AOC 27' 1080p IPS 3D monitor and in the right low corner my gaming PC(i7 4770k,8GB ram, r9 290 OC)

WP_20150208_15_48_00_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom