• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Red Dead Redemption Remaster going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
When did Rockstar announce that?

I just did - with the power of common sense.

Why would they skip to 3?

The "second" one was not called Revolver 2 for a reason - they wanted to get away from that and start something fresh.

Red Dead Redemption is the name of the franchise from now on.

IMO of course.

Raptomex

I'll put the RDR Remaster right up there with Agent and Manhunt 3. When we see any of these games, it can give us hope for the others.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to see a RDR prequel (not revolver) showing John Martson coming to realize he needs to get out of the gang he has been running with. I don't want to play has his son again, maybe if they get a new voice actor... like just get the dude who played John back.

todahawk

Maybe I should finally get around to playing Half-Life 2. I mean, since Half Life 3 is coming in September, now would be a good time.

OOPS, DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!
something + something + your post = half life 3

Red Dead Retaliation.
Red Dead Reticulation.
Red Dead Rangers
Red Dead Rapscallion.
Revengence is where it's at. (edit: or the prequel)

I'd rather them make a killer sequel.
Yes, oddly enough I just want a sequel... It's been too long.

I would like to see a RDR prequel (not revolver) showing John Martson coming to realize he needs to get out of the gang he has been running with. I don't want to play has his son again, maybe if they get a new voice actor... like just get the dude who played John back.
Yes, perfect spot for a prequel. Like Unforgiven I want a glimpse of the nasty John Marston.

KorrZ

Will it ever happen? I'm guessing not...there has to be a reason they haven't ported it to PC already and I'm guessing the same reason will be why they can't do a remaster.

If it ever does happen though I will buy 3 copies...

Robaperas

Well I hope so, I started this one on PS3 a few days ago, and wow, the frame rate is making me dizzy; I know it's an open world game but it kinda kills the experience for me.

As much as I'd like a remaster because I find it hard to play the game now because of the super low sensitivity in game and because of the older controllers, I'd rather have RDR3.

No it's not coming

I just did - with the power of common sense.

Why would they skip to 3?

The "second" one was not called Revolver 2 for a reason - they wanted to get away from that and start something fresh.

Red Dead Redemption is the name of the franchise from now on.

IMO of course.

Well that's just wrong, isn't it? The series is "Red Dead"

SDCowboy

All I know is the next Red Dead better be a prequel. Any further out from RDR and it wouldn't even be the wild west era anymore.

DryvBy

That would be awesome actually. I was just talking to some friends last night about a new RD with a map size as large as GTA V. Imagine that scope on a horse. Take a good few hours to travel!

But doing heists in the wild west would all but make this generation for me.

Red Dead Renegade?

Or Renegades?

Imagine a GTA V type multi protagonist story about some ex-cons seeking revenge (or revengeance) on the ex partner who snitched them to the law only to find that while they've been locked up in some filthy texas jail he's become the corrupt mayor of some booming frontier town in the midst of a gold boom...

Shit man, this stuff writes itself...

Randam

Reminds me of one of my friends who used to tell me, uc4 will be out in Mai.

Where are you guys getting this informations?

RDR remaster early 2015?

And part later this year?
Woot? :D

Auctopus

Where the hell do people get these made up announcements? lol

Thirst for Red Dead is real, this must be the 4th daily Red Dead Remaster/Port/Next-gen thread in a row.

todahawk

Red Dead Renegade as the title perhaps?

I was trying to think of a R-word to fit that time period and Renegade is it. Fits perfect.

FDBMath

I hope that the next Red Dead game is as unrelated to Redemption as it was from Revolver. I am talking about story, not feel and setting.It needs the same "Spaghetti Western" feel.

Anyways, if it truly is being worked on and coming sometime in the next year or so, I have faith in Rockstar to deliver a badass game.

i would prefer a prequel or a new game with diff chars (or perhaps his son's son) but same western vibe

Thinking again, how great would be o play as the daughter of his son as a change.

SDCowboy

i would prefer a prequel or a new game with diff chars (or perhaps his son's son) but same western vibe

Thinking again, how great would be o play as the daughter of his son as a change.

Again, I would assume the game would have to be a prequel. Otherwise it wouldn't be during the wild west era anymore. RDR was at the tail end of it.

cyress8

Banned
I did a search and didn't see anything on this topic. I read several places that the remaster would likely be out in March of this year. Obviously, that's not happening. I would imagine they wouldn't release it along side part 2 (Due out later this year), so unless it gets included WITH part 2, It seems unlikely it's going to happen at all. I apologize in advance if this has been discussed, or if I missed something, but I had gotten my hopes up (my fault) when I heard rumors circulating quite some time ago..
You should know it is not true. It's mid March and not a word about it has come out. Hell, we would have known about this from Rockstar themselves at least a few months ago. They just will not release a game without hyping it up a few months before release. All the AAA pubs love hyping before release.

Common sense should tell you that the places you read about this are completely wrong.

Fordfx2

1925366f79ab4cdfba1edbdc9a0cda500e7a4ee673433ba4d3c2d42fea4aad70.jpg

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
I was trying to think of a R-word to fit that time period and Renegade is it. Fits perfect.
This is when I tell you I work for Rockstar San Diego and have been leaking these ideas to gauge peoples responses!

I don't work for Rockstar San Diego :(

Raven77

God I hope not, the game is already a masterpiece that resolution bumps won't make any better. I hope companies stop spending time remastering games and get working on sequels / new experiences. I'd rather have RDR 2 in 2016 than the remaster in 2016 and the sequel 1-2 years later.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
as much as i love RDR i don't want them to bring out a remaster. there enough remastered games and i don't want rockstar wasting time bringing RDR to PS4/XB1/PC. focus on Red Dead 3! and RELEASE IT ON PC!!

Kssio_Aug

Honestly, coming from Rockstar even GTA V next-gen release surprised me. I understand now that they probably did it cause they were working on it from the start together with the PC version.

That said, no, I dont expect at all a RDR remaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom