• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Wurstsemmel

Neo Member
I still can't believe this game is happening in 2015, I'm so excited! >.<

fTx0DtQ.gif

hype

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Evil, why not use your in-game portrait as your avatar? It looks pretty cool, also is it based on one of your old avatars? It looks familiar.

Is it easier and more accessible than Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin?

I suspect it'll be a much more enthralling game than either of those, at least for me. DOS pretty much only offers fun gameplay, as the story and characters are about as bland as it gets. WL2 just didn't do anything for me at all, which has me a little worried about Torment.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Yes and no. It's going to have a much stronger narrative and story aspect, real companions and npcs with significant development and personality. So in that respect it will likely be much more engaging for many people.

Combat wise it's not that simple but they have done a great deal to explain it and allow players to understand and use it without being matters of it. It's not that complicated really but there are a lot of mechanics and systems at play.

ys45

I realized I have no idea what I'm gonna roll for my main character , can't wait to spend 2 hours tonight creating it :)

I'm going in the game exactly like I did in Baldur's Gate blindly and without knowing anything , so excited .

Alastor3

haven't played Wastleland 2 yet but im guessing it will be a bit more difficult than Divinity, but the lore, characters, world, choices and consequences, will be far more developped in Pillars

Again, if the OT can be upgraded with the appropriate 3 tutorials video of youtube

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
game looks really good even if I'm not the biggest Obsidian fan. Will keep a close eye to all the impressions

Mitch

Banned
Had no idea GAF had such a big part in the funding of this game. Good on ya, EviLore.

I didn't personally back this, but do plan on buying it some time soon. Last month I had an itch to play older PC RPGs, and it hasn't been scratched quite yet. After Bloodborne for sure.

Thankfully a good number of people seem to be selling codes for a decent price in the B/S/T thread, so I may get one from there.

KR_remix

hype

Only a few more hours. Also PoE is in the top sellers spot for steam, and top 3 for gog!

edit: also top spot on gmg, hopefully this sells really well. Would be really cool if they could just fund the sequel/expansions with the funds from this and have their next kickstarter be another new ip.

haven't played Wastleland 2 yet but im guessing it will be a bit more difficult than Divinity, but the lore, characters, world, choices and consequences, will be far more developped in Pillars

Again, if the OT can be upgraded with the appropriate 3 tutorials video of youtube

Is there any sort of an in-game tutorial?

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member

rickyson1

kinda wanna get this but dunno if I wanna spend $45 on something it could easily be months if not longer before I play(still have so many games I need to play including finishing divinity original sin still and literally haven't even played anything but hearthstone in the past two weeks)

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any sort of an in-game tutorial?
There is an in-game cyclopedia that explains everything about the game. Also watch Sensuki's videos that wad excluded from the OT for some god forsaken reason..oh wait no one bothered to craft a good OT for this, all rushed within a couple of effin' hours.

V_Arnold

Jesus, guys. I just reached Goose and Fox last night, and I had no idea that it was the Gaf tavern. The few hints I see there now makes sense. I suppose as well that the inkeeper's name is
Bishop
, right?

There is an in-game cyclopedia that explains everything about the game. Also watch Sensuki's videos that wad excluded from the OT for some god forsaken reason..oh wait no one bothered to craft a good OT for this, all rushed within a couple of effin' hours.

I thought I saw some confusion yesterday over who was making the OT, hence the rush job.

Alastor3

EviLore, please add these to the OP.

I feel like I could have made this OT much better than both of you OP (HP wucraft and EviLore)...sigh. This OT is a tragedy of missing information compared to Bloodborne.

Can't agree more.

Now, to watch those videos or not... I played a bit of BG1 and 2 but still have to be completely fresh for Pillars...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

You should PM a mod to see if you can add more information in the OT, like class and race descriptions and video guides.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I still want to create an infographic explaining the basics of combat mechanics. Can't really do it at work though. A bunch of the exact calculations though aren't readily available as well, like the exact frames for attack types and such.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Can't agree more.

Now, to watch those videos or not... I played a bit of BG1 and 2 but still have to be completely fresh for Pillars...
Sensuki's videos have minimal to zero spoilers.

Noaloha

oh wait no one bothered to craft a good OT for this, all rushed within a couple of effin' hours.

I think that's unfair on both HP_W and Evilore. There were crossed wires in the initial case, meaning the first OT was, through unfortunate necessity, a last minute rush job which I'm sure the author wasn't prepped for. Evilore decided the game deserved better and/or more of a focus on the GAF community elements and, according to the last post in the beta thread, then stayed up until 6am to get this second OT made and posted. I'm grateful to both. That there was a mix-up with the initial responsibility is unfortunate but egh, shit happens.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought this and the game is currently pre-loading :3

Ludovico

Brought my gaming laptop to work today, just so I could unlock along with everyone else. And then just sit on the title screen...
It's finally here, you guys, and I'm so freaking excited :')

Bl@de

Didn't follow the game much so I go in blind. There is really only one thing I'm worried about: Pause spamming. It's something I hate in RTwP battles (and so in every IE game) and the reason I always preferred turn-based cRPGs (Wizardry, Wasteland, Divinity:OS). Really curious about PoE in this regard.

Top Bottom