• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Information is Finally out

Chastten

Banned
Well, caved in and bought my first ever full price digital game :(

The good news, it runs rather well. I'm playing this at 1080P, with shadows on, 1024x1024 shadow resolution and FXAA and it plays fine. No idea how many FPS I get, but it looks and plays a lot better then my X360 version of Ultimate.

This is on an AMD FX6300, 8GB DDR3, Samsung EVO SSD and an ancient Radeon 5670... (a €65 midrange card from 2010 or so) so those who are on the fence because of system requirements, don't sweat it.

KHlover

Banned
I hope they fix the controls soon, photo mode is useless without a working right stick.

?
Works perfectly fine for me, maybe it's your controller?

311730_2015-03-30_0009uql2.png

311730_2015-03-30_0005oqhj.png

Mohasus

?
Works perfectly fine for me, maybe it's your controller?

It isn't, more people are reporting that LT/RT and the right stick are swapped. Left stick/dpad and face buttons work fine.

Tried with a wired 360 controller, wireless and an xbox one controller. Maybe I'll try the dualshock 3.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The save is bound to your steam community name. It won't even save if you have a non-standard character in your name.

Which is what I'm getting at. If you change your name from "Profile Name" to "Profile Name Two" it'll ERASE the entire save. What the fuck, Tecmo? There is no reason for the save to be tied to a username like that. Why the fuck isn't it tied to the steam userid number?

Flandy

Survival Tag is quicker actually.

The game looks pretty good, runs well and Im messing around with ReShade.

The colors pop more without being too extreme.
What is ReShade?

It isn't, more people are reporting that LT/RT and the right stick are swapped. Left stick/dpad and face buttons work fine.

Tried with a wired 360 controller, wireless and an xbox one controller. Maybe I'll try the dualshock 3.

So I'm not the only one having controller issues then?

Which is what I'm getting at. If you change your name from "Profile Name" to "Profile Name Two" it'll ERASE the entire save. What the fuck, Tecmo? There is no reason for the save to be tied to a username like that. Why the fuck isn't it tied to the steam userid number?

Oh yes i agree, i was not defending it or anything. Just wanted to add the bit about why the save system is broken at the moment and about the non-standard characters.

Clawww

So it's lose lose. Fantastic.

I was actually hopeful for fighting games on PC last year. SF4 was getting updated for Steamworks, DOA5 and MKX was coming, and even Arcsys was bringing another Blazblue to PC. Just one disappointment after the other now.

it's a fucking shame, really

Could someone with Haswell Intel HD 4400/4600/5000 on desktop or laptop test how the game runs at settings and resolution equivalent to 360/PS3? I'd really appreciate it!

KageZero

Uf now that im playing a fighting game in a long time what is the best way to improve myself. I did some of the training missions but it's still hard to use counters in real fight. In arcade mode i lost 2- 3 times on the 5 level (normal difficulty), so should i stick with training missions or should i continue to play the single player and try to use moves there.

Zenaku

So, 4K downsampling, 4096 shadow res, playing in 3D, smooth 60fps on an i5 2500k and GTX980.

Some minor problems with reflections, but otherwise looks great in 3D.

KHlover

Banned
Hm game seems to have bugged out on me. All costumes for all characters are unlocked, Showcase mode is definitely disabled (even restarted the game to make sure). Lucky^^

EDIT: Not ALL characters. Only those who were in the base DOA5 and didn't need to be unlocked it seems? Strange.

EDIT 2: Disregard, only DLC costumes lol

Skilletor

Have the menus and after battle animations always been locked to 30? Get a steady 60 during gameplay.

Yep.

Uf now that im playing a fighting game in a long time what is the best way to improve myself. I did some of the training missions but it's still hard to use counters in real fight. In arcade mode i lost 2- 3 times on the 5 level (normal difficulty), so should i stick with training missions or should i continue to play the single player and try to use moves there.

Counters are going to be difficult unitl you're familiar with characters and animations. If you don't know what the computer is doing, you're just blindly guessing which attacks might come out. I'd say a good thing to do would be to go through everybody's command training and combo training. The tutorials also show a lot of basics.

LordK

When running it in 3840x2160 and using GeDaSoTo to downsample, GeDaSoTo is reporting the rendering resolution is actually 3200x1800 and not 3840x2160.

When running it in 3840x2160 and using GeDaSoTo to downsample, GeDaSoTo is reporting the rendering resolution is actually 3200x1800 and not 3840x2160.

I'm trying to use GEDOSATO for the first time but I don't understand how it works.
I guess you choose some resolutions like:
renderResolution 1366x768@60
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
and then it should render at your screen resolution when you launch a game with one of the previous resolutions selected? I tried the 1366 on my 1360 monitor but it doesn't work. Borderless Fullscreen doesn't work either, I think I'm missing something

LordK

Why use GeDoSaTo when the game supports super sampling?

I'd still like my screenshots to be higher res :)

I'm trying to use GEDOSATO for the first time but I don't understand how it works.
I guess you choose some resolutions like:
renderResolution 1366x768@60
renderResolution 3840x2160@60
and then it should render at your screen resolution when you launch a game with one of the previous resolutions selected? I tried the 1366 on my 1360 monitor but it doesn't work. Borderless Fullscreen doesn't work either, I think I'm missing something

I removed the renderResolution and just had DOA do its thing.

TheSeks

83IOxgV.jpg

So the price is still the same. Anyone know if you get the pre-order bonuses after buying launch?

Doubtful since that was "pre-launch" and they added things for the "delay" on launching a month later than the console versions.

The save is bound to your steam community name. It won't even save if you have a non-standard character in your name.

What's funny to me is that the savedata is in a literal "savedata" folder within the steamapp/common/gameid area if you "view local files." It just doesn't have that save tied to your name. So WTF is going on with Tecmo's porting that it can't save EVERYTHING to that location no matter what name you have?

Edit: I just changed my name from what I originally had to a different no special character (*, ;, etc.) profile name and my Raidou outfit I unlocked via Arcade is still there. I'm going to check with the special characters to see if it triggers an erase there.

Mohasus

What's funny to me is that the savedata is in a literal "savedata" folder within the steamapp/common/gameid area if you "view local files." It just doesn't have that save tied to your name. So WTF is going on with Tecmo's porting that it can't save EVERYTHING to that location no matter what name you have?

It isn't, that folder only has a bunch of .pngs and thumbs.db.

The real savefolder is: \Documents\KoeiTecmo\DOA5LR\2955c1b (or whatever 8 characters exist in your pc)

Sho Nuff

Banned

Weird, there's also a save data folder inside your Documents & Settings folder. Resolution and shadow settings are stored as a plaintext file, but you can't invoke unsupported resolutions by modifying it.

jackharm

Neo Member
Game runs well despite all it's caveats and is pretty looking/enjoyable(for me at least) at max settings.
----------
edit:

I guess I should mention my setup/settings:

Game settings:
  • Full screen
  • 3840x2160
  • Shadows:On
  • Shadow Resolution:4096x4096
  • AA: 4x SSAA

Setup:
  • CPU: 4670k at 4.0
  • GPU: GTX 970
  • 8gb ram

Runs at 60fps in fights.

TheSeks

It isn't, that folder only has a bunch of .pngs and thumbs.db.

The real savefolder is: \Documents\KoeiTecmo\DOA5LR\2955c1b (or whatever 8 characters exist in your pc)

Weird, there's also a save data folder inside your Documents & Settings folder. Resolution and shadow settings are stored as a plaintext file, but you can't invoke unsupported resolutions by modifying it.

You're right. The actual save folder is in \Documents\KT\DOA5LR\*id*

I just changed my name from a different profile name to "*XXXX*" with the *'s included and it still had my Raidou outfit I unlocked two name changes ago.

So either the erase is random, special characters randomly trigger it (*knock on wood it doesn't happen often?*) or Tecmo fixed it while I was downloading. IDK. Someone in their review said if you change your name your progress and outfit unlocks/etc is wiped so I'm trying to mess around to see what triggers it if anything before I actually go through all that work unlocking titles/outfits for online.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doubtful since that was "pre-launch" and they added things for the "delay" on launching a month later than the console versions.

Yeah, the pre-order subs were yanked after the game unlocked.

Should we be worried that it's the only DLC entry that says "Unused DLC"?

"Unused" and "DLC" are actually two separate pieces of info. It says "Unused" because the app is still private.

Edit: Oh, wait, I was thinking of "No size". The latter portion of my post still applies, though.

Kumubou

Seems like those breakable costumes might come as DLC
358144 DOA5LR DLC1253 Kagura Costume Set (358144) Depot No size Unused DLC 358144
https://steamdb.info/app/311730/depots/
There's actually two variants of this DLC: the PS4/XBone versions have damage modeling (although not as extensive as Senran Kagura itself), whereas the PS3/X360 version does not. It'll be "interesting" to see if the PC version of the DLC allows for the clothing damage.

TheSeks

A little AA goes a long way, I would have taken some solid AA over all the breast physics nonsense they focused on in the console ports.

Can't you force better AA via your GPU/drivers?

Okay, my save with two outfit unlocks and Titles unlocked saved fine from "original no-special character name #1"->"different no-special character name #2"->"*Special Character Name #3*" just fine. So either Tecmo-Koei fixed this (despite warning about it in the manual), the save doesn't wipe despite special characters (AND UNLOCKING SHIT while in that name/different name from original) or it's a random wipe. Either way, if that reviewer is right about it randomly wiping from changing profile names Tecmo NEEDS to fix that. There is no reason for that. As it is, it seems the save once you make a save will have an ID that doesn't change in the documents folder and it should (*knock on wood*) be fine to change your profile name/display name however you like.

Mohasus

4k Resolution won't work for me. ( VRAM Full Error ) Anyone have the same problem ?

1440p resolution not appear...

I had, then I enabled all the DSR factors in nvidia control panel and it added a 3840x2160 resolution too.

You'll need a GTX660 or better to play it in 4k.

I have the following rig
Intel I5 4690k
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 770 4GB

I'm running at 1080p, forcing FXAA and AFx16 (through Nvidia panel). I usually get locked 30fps during intros and 60fps during gameplay. However, I do get a lot of screen tearing (goes frequently between 59-60fps). I have Adaptive V-sync on in Nvidia control panel. Also, I do notice some infrequent drops to 44fps at times. I wonder what the cause of this is. Is it the background effects? It even happened when I dropped the resolution to 1600x900.

Other than that, I actually prefer this version to the PS4 due to the image quality alone.

EDIT: I disable Adaptive v-sync and the screen tearing was gone.

KHlover

Banned
Can't you force better AA via your GPU/drivers?

I think he's talking about the console version here. This PC version uses SSAA, which is basically downsampling the image from a higher resolution. One of the most resource intensive AA implementations, but the results are fantastic.

RM8

This is officially too much for my toaster, lol, I can only get fluid gameplay at 1024 x 768. I honestly don't mind low resolutions as my PC has been less than adequate for a while, but I get The Order-like black bars and a stretched image. It's okay, I'm about to buy a new PC anyway :p The other issue is that it pretends the triggers on my favorite controller don't exist :/ Not a huge deal, though, I don't need a dedicated P+K button and I mapped the other two button combinations to L and R. I have to pause with R3 though, and you're not allowed to change it. Hardly a big deal, but it's pretty odd.

Also, I didn't know the game would keep its special price after yesterday, I would have preferred not having these particular "rewards". I'm having a lot of fun :]

TheSeks

This is officially too much for my toaster, lol, I can only get fluid gameplay at 1024 x 768. I honestly don't mind low resolutions as my PC has been less than adequate for a while, but I get The Order-like black bars and a stretched image. It's okay, I'm about to buy a new PC anyway :p The other issue is that it pretends the triggers on my favorite controller don't exist :/ Not a huge deal, though, I don't need a dedicated P+K button and I mapped the other two button combinations to L and R. I have to pause with R3 though, and you're not allowed to change it. Hardly a big deal, but it's pretty odd.

Yeah, the controls are all fucked up. My keyboard isn't even recognized in-game. So I'm having to use a PS3 controller as a 360 controller to even play the game.

Also, I didn't know the game would keep its special price after yesterday, I would have preferred not having these particular "rewards". I'm having a lot of fun :]

You can uninstall that, you know. Uncheck the pre-order bonus and the game will update to uninstall the "key" required for those.

thelastword

Banned
I think he's talking about the console version here. This PC version uses SSAA, which is basically downsampling the image from a higher resolution. One of the most resource intensive AA implementations, but the results are fantastic.
Yeah, SSAA is indeed expensive on PC but the console versions have no AA whatsoever, I believe SMAA 1TX would have made this game look pretty jaggy free on consoles in the vein of RYSE on the xbone.

Top Bottom