• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moore's Law Is Dead Claims To Have Received Insider Information About the PlayStation 5 That is Amazing If It's True

Dargor

Man, if the dude was a hellpoint dev I might have given him some benefit of the doubt, but hes a nobody. Probably click bait to get them fanboys visiting his chanel.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Is this gonna be the new FP16 special sauce?

The XSX is more powerful. Accept it and move on. You'll just get games at a a lower resolution, it's not the end of the world.

Also this guy "predicted" that Fable would be shown!? Wow, not like that's been predicted to be at every single MS showing since the first leaks of PlayGround Games making it about 2 years ago lol. We also knew they weren't doing release dates or pricing. Also everyone knows that they'll be making God of War "2" lol. That's not insider knowledge.

You want insider info? Ok come close.......there will be a new call of duty game next year! Let that sink in! Since I'm so nice - naughty dog are working on a next gen game! You heard it here first, insider status confirmed.

Last edited:
Moore's Law is Dead, he's been called an Xbox Fanboy, a PS Fanboy, and a PC Fanboy. Was once credible, now just some dumb YouTuber and PS Fanboy again LOL
NX Gamer, was just on the latest Moore's Law is Dead postcast, he is now not credible and just some dumb YouTuber and PS fanboy
Tim Sweeney, no you're no longer the founder/creator of UE, you are now just a Money whore who sucks PS cock cause they invested in your company
Gabe Newell, no you're no longer President of Valve, you just now an Xbox Shill cause you're working with Xbox on VR. Also, your stuff is on Windows
Mark Cerney, no you're no longer a systems engineer and former game designer/developer, you are now just a Marketing guy
Innocence, no you're not some computer engineer student, you're actually an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about
Dev making a game for Xbox, you don't know what you're talking about, of course you would say that you're making a game for the console. You have to say good thing about it
Dev making a game for PS, you don't know what you're talking about, of course you would say that you're making a game for the console. You have to say good thing about it

There's probably more that can be added to that list. From what I'm gathering, based on these types of threads is that... Everyone is bullshit and no one is credible :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

ShawnMichael651

Neo Member
This rumor has been circulating from various other "leakers". If Mark Cerny is working on it. It's definitely not an M rated title. This is the guy behind Crash Bandicoot & Knack (I & II) also its been stated that the game being revived was a Playstation Franchise (Not PS2, PS3). My guess is its Jak & Daxter or Ape Escape. I think Sony is steering away from FPS games internally as their games have become more like movies with a story, emotion, and some depth to them, not just bang, bang, bang generic war guy shooting stuff. I would love to see a new Resistance but if they do bring that franchise back you can bet it's going to be done in a Resident Evil 2 style and it will have some heart to it.

Megatron

Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. So a guy is telling us that he knew what the XBox conference was going to be but didn’t tell anyone (Though by the way literally EVERYONE knew Playground was making Fable and there would be no price announcement) and so because that stuff wound up being true, we should believe all his Sony stuff? What?

Megatron

Also this guy "predicted" that Fable would be shown!? Wow, not like that's been predicted to be at every single MS showing since the first leaks of PlayGround Games making it about 2 years ago lol. We also knew they weren't doing release dates or pricing. Also everyone knows that they'll be making God of War "2" lol. That's not insider knowledge.

You want insider info? Ok come close.......there will be a new call of duty game next year! Let that sink in! Since I'm so nice - naughty dog are working on a next gen game! You heard it here first, insider status confirmed.

he didn’t even predict it. He waited until it was announced and said ‘oh yeah, I totally knew that’.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

That was a good show. Those two worked well together. There wasnt much in the video that I havent seen discussed here though.

Oh and Bloodborne is going to PC apparently.

Moore's Law Is Dead is a YouTuber who talks about video-game technology and purports to receive exclusive information about impending products from industry insiders. In his latest video, which is embedded below, he claims to have received a scoop about the PlayStation 5 and the most recent Xbox game show (July 23rd) months ago but has kept it to himself since then because it was initially unbelievable. He says that the reason that he is revealing it now is that it has recently been proven partially true; supposedly, the scoop revealed - months ago - that the most recent Xbox game show would announce Fable 4 and that it wouldn't reveal the price and release date of the Xbox Series X, both of which are accurate. Hence, he claims that the information in the scoop pertaining to the PlayStation 5 must be true; it is as follows:

1. The PlayStation 5's Geometry Engine will be included in the micro-architecture that will be RDNA3 and that it implements a variant of Variable Rate Shading that runs circles around the Xbox Series X. Its ability to draw polygons will be difficult for the Xbox Series X to compete with.

2. The polygonal rendering of the Geometry Engine will take about a year for third-party developers to master but that Sony's first-party developers have already mastered it, which is why Horizon Forbidden West will actually look as good during gameplay as it does in the in-engine trailer that was revealed during the PlayStation 5 game show last month.

3. The PlayStation 5's ray tracing capabilities are much more customized and subsequently better than they have been revealed to be.

4. The yields of the PlayStation 5's APU at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company have been better than expected, which has resulted in a sufficient percentage of them having 38 functional CUs on the GPU. Hence, Sony may bump up the official specs of the PlayStation 5 to include 38 active CUs on the GPU rather than the previously announced 36.

5. The PlayStation 5's memory chips may be upgraded from 16 gigabits per second to 18 gigabits per second.

6. The PlayStation 5's CPU frequency may be bumped up by 100Mhz.

7. Sony will be announcing God of War 2 (or 5, depending on how you look at it) in August via a very graphically impressive gameplay demonstration ("jaw dropping graphics that approach photo realism").

8. A reboot of a mystery franchise: "a mainstay of PlayStation, one that used to be a bigger, tent-pole franchise and Mark Cerny is working on it."

all of this sounds a bit too hocus-pocus, but hey at least it's a lot more entertaining to read than anything that's come from that Dolphin game dev who said PS5 is weak blah blah!

SoraNoKuni

Of course it's possible for Sony to contribute to some AMD RDNA3 features, but people are gonna just yell and try to make fun of everyone these days.
Still stating it's an RDNA3 GPU is cheesy... I think the rumours are partially true, Sony seems to want to expand their relationships and use their huge dominance to shape the future of gaming, as for the Sony engineer that said it's and RDNA1 he then corrected himself by saying that it's an RDNA2 minus 1 feature but with some extras, probably some of those extras are going to be implemented in RDNA3.

Errr, not sure all those have been confirmed as 60 fps, have they?

I thought it was just GT7, Spider-Man, Sackboy, Astrobot, Godfall, and Deathloop.

And Sackboy and Astrobot aren't 4k either, according to Digital Foundry.
They are both dynamic 4K (up to 4K). Like Halo Infinite. Odd that DF didn't mention it. Either way Halo infinite, even at "native 4K", looks way below that because of the 720p shenanigans they use.

Fair enough - I just saw that DF speculated that it was native 4k. That said, the PS5 looks to be more than capable of running it in 4k60. Can't wait to see what Polyphony can do with that power.
yeah the game is 4K60fps with ray tracing enabled. i think with the efficiency of the PS5 system along with the powerful CPU, we are also going to get 4K 60fps replays :), replays have always been a huge wow factor in GT games.

TBiddy

yeah the game is 4K60fps with ray tracing enabled. i think with the efficiency of the PS5 system along with the powerful CPU, we are also going to get 4K 60fps replays :), replays have always been a huge wow factor in GT games.

Indeed they have - I think the replays play a large part in how people remember the graphics in GT

Moore's Law Is Dead is a YouTuber who talks about video-game technology and purports to receive exclusive information about impending products from industry insiders. In his latest video, which is embedded below, he claims to have received a scoop about the PlayStation 5 and the most recent Xbox game show (July 23rd) months ago but has kept it to himself since then because it was initially unbelievable. He says that the reason that he is revealing it now is that it has recently been proven partially true; supposedly, the scoop revealed - months ago - that the most recent Xbox game show would announce Fable 4 and that it wouldn't reveal the price and release date of the Xbox Series X, both of which are accurate. Hence, he claims that the information in the scoop pertaining to the PlayStation 5 must be true; it is as follows:

1. The PlayStation 5's Geometry Engine will be included in the micro-architecture that will be RDNA3 and that it implements a variant of Variable Rate Shading that runs circles around the Xbox Series X. Its ability to draw polygons will be difficult for the Xbox Series X to compete with.

2. The polygonal rendering of the Geometry Engine will take about a year for third-party developers to master but that Sony's first-party developers have already mastered it, which is why Horizon Forbidden West will actually look as good during gameplay as it does in the in-engine trailer that was revealed during the PlayStation 5 game show last month.

3. The PlayStation 5's ray tracing capabilities are much more customized and subsequently better than they have been revealed to be.

4. The yields of the PlayStation 5's APU at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company have been better than expected, which has resulted in a sufficient percentage of them having 38 functional CUs on the GPU. Hence, Sony may bump up the official specs of the PlayStation 5 to include 38 active CUs on the GPU rather than the previously announced 36.

5. The PlayStation 5's memory chips may be upgraded from 16 gigabits per second to 18 gigabits per second.

6. The PlayStation 5's CPU frequency may be bumped up by 100Mhz.

7. Sony will be announcing God of War 2 (or 5, depending on how you look at it) in August via a very graphically impressive gameplay demonstration ("jaw dropping graphics that approach photo realism").

8. A reboot of a mystery franchise: "a mainstay of PlayStation, one that used to be a bigger, tent-pole franchise and Mark Cerny is working on it."

So they announced all the specs in a full reveal but that was actually not true and it's actually much better than what they announced? Umm that's not how it works.

TBiddy

do you think this could be a launch title for PS5 or more of a 2021 Q2 title for PS5?

Since this is Polyphony, we're likely looking at 2025 or so. Seriously, I think we're looking at 2021. It's been less than 3 years since GT Sport. It's too early to release an entire new game.

Last edited:
So they announced all the specs in a full reveal but that was actually not true and it's actually much better than what they announced? Umm that's not how it works.

No, the unbelievabke part about them increasing CUs from 36 to 38 goes as follows: Sony is sctually using 40 CU in their GPU cores with 4 disabled for better yields (and cheaper price) but yields as so good they only need disable 2.

Sounds unbelievable to me. Overclocking CPU is the other hardware part, that is more believable but what's the point of adding another 200mhz?

Last edited:

yurinka

RDNA 1 + RDNA 2 = RDNA 3

You can't defeat math, fellas. It's science.
So RDNA 3 is a RDNA 2 chip ducktaped with a RDNA1 chip. I knew it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Since this is Polyphony, we're likely looking at 2025 or so. Seriously, I think we're looking at 2021. It's been less than 3 years since GT Sport. It's too early to release an entire new game.
I think they might go repeat GaaS approach: to release it with a relative light amount of new content and then to continue building on top over the years.

I assume a lot of the initial content would be rehashed, and it would start with way more content than GTS (+ that career mode). Remember they were preparing their assets for GTS in higher quality than the one seen in the game to make it future proof. PS5 may handle these bigger assets, which would look great specially with a good lighting and some RT, and will feel great at 4K60fps and using the DualSense new features.

This, and a fair amount of outsourcing may help them to release the game sooner than expected. I'd bet late 2021 or 2022, depending on how crowded Sony has these years and covid related delays in the different projects.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Unless they were building it in parallel and they knew fans were expecting a main line entry with more focus on SP and campaign too.

Tumle

No, the unbelievabke part about them increasing CUs from 36 to 38 goes as follows: Sony is sctually using 40 CU in their GPU cores with 4 disabled for better yields (and cheaper price) but yields as so good they only need disable 2.

Sounds unbelievable to me. Overclocking CPU is the other hardware part, that is more believable but what's the point of adding another 200mhz?
wouldn't opening up for 2 extra CU, also fuck up there heat and frequency calculations? i'm not sure how versatile there cooling system is and we would be getting another jet engine again.. :)

TJC

It's wrong. RDNA3 GPUs don't exist yet.
Even if they did, the odd one feature does not make it RDNA3.
The base architecture is RDNA2, full stop.
It's Custom RDNA 2, I can bet any money in the world both Xbox and PS won't have full RDNA 2 features seen on desktop GPU's. They pick what features they want and customise the GPU for their own needs.

This RDNA 1.5 or 2.5 whateve people roll with depending on what camp they are in is stupid.

John Wick

There is nothing I enjoy more than seeing someone sarcastically use the term "genius" to insult someone and then spell it completely wrong at the same time. Slam dunk, buddy.
Oh no you wound me. Would you like a Blue Peter badge?

Last edited:

John Wick

They normally released games in 3-4 years except for GT5. They stated during the development of Sport that they are updating all the cars and laying the groundwork for future GT's. The car models have been done at 8k. They also opened a support studio and now outsource. So a GT7 could be done in 3 years.

I will believe it when I see it. PR always blows shit out of proportion with every generation. This will get increasingly more difficult as time passes because of the more informed the consumer is (I could hope for it).

To any company that wants to win the market, you have to do one thing, and only that: MAKE GOOD GAMES.

SaucyJack

It's wrong. RDNA3 GPUs don't exist yet.
Even if they did, the odd one feature does not make it RDNA3.
The base architecture is RDNA2, full stop.

No one, of any consequence, is saying that PS5 is RDNA3.

What people are saying is that some of Sony's custom GPU features, that they co-developed with AMD, are going to feature in AMD's RDNA3 desktop GPUs.

This isn't hard.

kensama

No one, of any consequence, is saying that PS5 is RDNA3.

What people are saying is that some of Sony's custom GPU features, that they co-developed with AMD, are going to feature in AMD's RDNA3 desktop GPUs.

This isn't hard.

It's hard for those claiming 9TF and RDNA1 narrative for PS5

Last edited:

Freeman

Banned
Moore's Law is Dead, he's been called an Xbox Fanboy, a PS Fanboy, and a PC Fanboy. Was once credible, now just some dumb YouTuber and PS Fanboy again LOL
NX Gamer, was just on the latest Moore's Law is Dead postcast, he is now not credible and just some dumb YouTuber and PS fanboy
Tim Sweeney, no you're no longer the founder/creator of UE, you are now just a Money whore who sucks PS cock cause they invested in your company
Gabe Newell, no you're no longer President of Valve, you just now an Xbox Shill cause you're working with Xbox on VR. Also, your stuff is on Windows
Mark Cerney, no you're no longer a systems engineer and former game designer/developer, you are now just a Marketing guy
Innocence, no you're not some computer engineer student, you're actually an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about
Dev making a game for Xbox, you don't know what you're talking about, of course you would say that you're making a game for the console. You have to say good thing about it
Dev making a game for PS, you don't know what you're talking about, of course you would say that you're making a game for the console. You have to say good thing about it

There's probably more that can be added to that list. From what I'm gathering, based on these types of threads is that... Everyone is bullshit and no one is credible :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Lisa Su once said PS5 was RDNA2, that should get her on the list.

Top Bottom