• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Where did you see this from?

Geek said:
mgs_clouds.jpg

Strange. I haven't seen you guys obsessively dissecting this yet. What gives?

I found a kind of confirmation that it's a new metal gear, and not a new title of Kojima.

Looking at the HTML code of the page, you can find this line:

<meta name="keywords" content="Hideo Kojima, MGS,METAL GEAR, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production ">

RagnarokX

SnakeEater said:
I found a kind of confirmation that it's a new metal gear, and not a new title of Kojima.

Looking at the HTML code of the page, you can find this line:

<meta name="keywords" content="Hideo Kojima, MGS,METAL GEAR, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production ">
Could be a red herring.

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Ah FUCK NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
SUCK IT HAAAAARRRRRRDDDDD LOLOLOLOL :D :D

:p

WinFonda said:
It's interesting, aside from Raiden appearing in Act 2 and his name meaning "Lightning," if we take a few liberties with the act names in MGS4.....

Hidden Sun (act 1 = Snake's infiltration)
Lightning Sun (act 2 = Raiden's first appearance)
Liquid Sun (act 3 = Liquid's rise)
Blizzard Sun (act 4 = Shadow Moses snow!)
Naked Sun / Son (act 5 = debriefing + play on words)
! = (Act 6 DLC or next MGS game)
awww... why'd you gotta break it down, man? Why? :(
grindamasta said:
sotcolossus.jpg
:lol :lol

Darkpen said:
I feel so ashamed for not noticing it before, as I'm such a freaking huge Grindhouse fan :(
You feel ashamed for not recognizing the image border originally used on a poster for a duo of slightly less than average films?

Heh.

To each his own, really. I'm just poking fun. >:p

mgs_clouds.jpg

At first, we have the cloudy weather (actial website)

We have to wait the storm (possible second website) and then all the weather changings. After the weather is sunny, we'll have the announcment

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
SnakeEater said:
mgs_clouds.jpg

We have to wait the storm (possible second website) and then all the weather changings. After the weather is sunny, we'll have the announcment

Cloudy, rain, lightning and sunny?

My guess is Raiden's mission to save Sunny. The cloud, rain and snow could be personas of the antagonists.

Spiegel

05/12 - Announcement of the teaser (anouncement of the announcement of the announcement)
05/15 - Teaser (announcement of the announcement)
05/18 - Announcement?

VegaShinra

From what I heard it'll just be DLC for the PS3 version. It'll focus on Raiden and it'll also come with the long awaited trophy patch for the game, too. I'd label it as a rumor for now, but it really wouldn't surprise me if that was it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
VegaShinra said:
From what I heard it'll just be DLC for the PS3 version. It'll focus on Raiden and it'll also come with the long awaited trophy patch for the game, too. I'd label it as a rumor for now, but it really wouldn't surprise me if that was it.

:lol
I'd laugh if they really did build up a tease just for that.

Blablurn

VegaShinra said:

wow :lol

dfyb

Banned
VegaShinra said:
some people will get so mad :lol

Charles

Where did you hear that? I don't know, a part of me wishes you're right just to see the anti-megaton and massive backpedaling that would ensue in this thread.

But it'll probably be multi-platform.

VegaShinra

Charles said:
Where did you hear that? I don't know, a part of me wishes you're right just to see the anti-megaton and massive backpedaling that would ensue in this thread.

But it'll probably be multi-platform.
That's another thing I've heard. It'll be the DLC and trophy part for the PS3, while the 360 will be getting the game and DLC in one package but a few months after the PS3 DLC gets released. There's a lot of rumors and speculation going around on it. I don't know if this true, could be but probably isn't. I just thought I'd share what I heard with ya'll. Of course, this will end up on some website soon enough now.

WinFonda said:
It's interesting, aside from Raiden appearing in Act 2 and his name meaning "Lightning," if we take a few liberties with the act names in MGS4.....

Hidden Sun (act 1 = Snake's infiltration)
Lightning Sun (act 2 = Raiden's first appearance)
Liquid Sun (act 3 = Liquid's rise)
Blizzard Sun (act 4 = Shadow Moses snow!)
Naked Sun / Son (act 5 = debriefing + play on words)
! = (Act 6 DLC or next MGS game)
nice

dfyb

Banned
_leech_ said:
Why? That sounds good to me.
sounds good to me, too -- as long as the raiden controls are new, rather than what they have in MGO. if i'm playing as raiden, i want to be doing the shit like he did in the cutscenes -- and punch boats.

but PS3 DLC will re-open the fresh scars of those who bleed green.

Charles

VegaShinra said:
That's another thing I've heard. It'll be the DLC and trophy part for the PS3, while the 360 will be getting the game and DLC in one package but a few months after the PS3 DLC gets released. There's a lot of rumors and speculation going around on it. I don't know if this true, could be but probably isn't. I just thought I'd share what I heard with ya'll. Of course, this will end up on some website soon enough now.

Honestly that would be the best case scenario for everyone (or almost)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Meh, I hope it isn't simply DLC with a 360 version as well. Would be quite underwhelming. I really hope they have a new game lined up, but I'm starting to doubt that...

The day is young so we'll know by mid day or this evening. Also I bet the actual announcment will probably be a lot less epic than what our imaginations have come up with in the past three days.

Choke on the Magic said:
The day is young so we'll know by mid day or this evening. Also I bet the actual announcment will probably be a lot less epic than what our imaginations have come up with in the past three days.

We won't know what this is until Monday at the earliest. That's the date on the Famitsu ad.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is the Snake Erase add-on for PS3 upon us?!?!?!!?!

I would LOVE a trophy patch and junk but it seems awfully weird to put an ad out for just something like DLC. Kojipro/Konami cares about this franchise if that's the case. Well they should care, it's their biggest IP.

UraMallas

VegaShinra said:
Please be this. That would actually make me very happy as I haven't played through the game yet and have put it off twice now because of a rumored Trophy patch.

StuBurns

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Is the Snake Erase add-on for PS3 upon us?!?!?!!?!

I would LOVE a trophy patch and junk but it seems awfully weird to put an ad out for just something like DLC. Kojipro/Konami cares about this franchise if that's the case. Well they should care, it's their biggest IP.
It's not Konami's biggest IP, they pretty much live on Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer.

wRATH2x

Banned
I just came in to say expect disappointment. With E3 so close I'm pretty sue it would be the venue for any sort of announcement.

SnakeEater said:
mgs_clouds.jpg

So we've got Cloud, Lightning, Snow, perhaps the last cloud is a Squall, then sunny.

Final Fantasy / Metal Gear Crossover to rescue Sunny from the Patriots.

raviolico

Wrath2X said:
I just came in to say expect disappointment. With E3 so close I'm pretty sue it would be the venue for any sort of announcement.

i don`t know. we live in weird times. maybe they try to steal a big part of the cake before the whole gang of birthdaykids storm in.

Doc Evils

VegaShinra said:

Will be excellent if true. the meltdowns will bring tears of joy.:D

raviolico

stuburns said:
It's not Konami's biggest IP, they pretty much live on Winning Eleven/Pro Evolution Soccer.

this. perfect timing and teasing for some quality, fitting IP merging. full site unveiled.

Top Bottom