• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiltz

Whats the doll stream going to be about?

I don' think there's been any specific details mentioned about it yet, but it will most likely be a explanation of what the giant mechs can do in terms of combat and traversal capabilities. Do mechs have any art moves, mech stats and gameplay elements and mechanics unique to them ? What kind of weapons can be equipped to them? Are there customization options to build your own mech ? What limitations does a mech's fuel gauge have? What happens if a monster rips off one or both of your mech's arms? Can you repair it on the field or do you have to bring the mech back to Blade HQ's facility? Can any party member pilot a mech ? Can you still use the Topple battle system and Overgear Drive while using a mech? Does the Soul Voice healing system still work ? Can monsters attack you when your mech is in a transformed mode like flight or car mode ? Can you even attack while your mech is in a transformed mode ? Who are the enemy mechs and are they the main villains of the game?

I don' think there's been any specific details mentioned about it yet, but it will most likely be a explanation of what the giant mechs can do in terms of combat and traversal capabilities. Do mechs have any art moves, mech stats and gameplay elements and mechanics unique to them ? What kind of weapons can be equipped to them? Are there customization options to build your own mech ? What limitations does a mech's fuel gauge have? What happens if a monster rips off one or both of your mech's arms? Can you repair it on the field or do you have to bring the mech back to Blade HQ's facility? Can any party member pilot a mech ? Can you still use the Topple battle system and Overgear Drive while using a mech? Does the Soul Voice healing system still work ? Can monsters attack you when your mech is in a transformed mode like flight or car mode ? Can you even attack while your mech is in a transformed mode ? Who are the enemy mechs and are they the main villains of the game?
About doll customization, battle system and online multiplayer function in XenobladeX.

thank ya, would love to hear more about the online

TheMoon

thank ya, would love to hear more about the online

And you will.

5CmDljp.jpg

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/583394237648994305

Mhm. They'll probably talk about Dolls for ~15ish mins, then Network features for ~10-15 (guesses). I'm interested where they're going, because it does imply that there is a lot going on with Dolls beyond just what we see.

I'm guessing we'll see a few different models of the Dolls, we've already seen a bulkier 'tank-like' model, a more streamlined model with bunny ears (motorcycle Doll), we've seen the Dolls they fly over the ocean with in the E3 trailer, and I believe the red 'Inferno'/Mass-production model from the beginning of the second trailer (with the guy walking through the garage) is another model. We'll probably get an overview of how arts and equipment works, although we have a good idea already (we've seen before that the Arts a Doll has are directly tied to it's equipment, ex. A gatling gun over it's right should is one art, a left shoulder mounted rocket launcher is another art, a left palm mounted shield is another art, etc, we've seen photon sabres and other weapons too). Auto-attacking likely occurs 'normally' with the machine guns the Dolls carry on their hip.

They're transformable... but I doubt the Dolls are customizable with PARTS, because they're all specifically designed as a single transforming template. Switching out any parts could compromise that transformable frame design, but I'm pretty sure we can modify colours as we want. Damage (eg. Over'ed charges and knock off the left arm of a Doll (seen @1:19) https://youtu.be/GNOVjqlwBRs?t=55s) results in the Doll being unable to use left arm associated arts. We've seen the garage in NLA a few times, so I guess all you'd do at that point is bring it back and wait for it to get fixed. I guess they'll also talk about licensing, and the ongoing development of the atmospheric flight module and stuff like that. I don't know what else there is, and I don't even know if fuel is still in or not, but I'm expecting there to be some completely surprising system we didn't know about and didn't guess. That's just how everythings gone so far :p They're really going all out with the attention to details in this game.

TheMoon

Mhm. They'll probably talk about Dolls for ~15ish mins, then Network features for ~10-15 (guesses). I'm interested where they're going, because it does imply that there is a lot going on with Dolls beyond just what we see.

I'm guessing we'll see a few different models of the Dolls, we've already seen a bulkier 'tank-like' model, a more streamlined model with bunny ears (motorcycle Doll), we've seen the Dolls they fly over the ocean with in the E3 trailer, and I believe the red 'Inferno'/Mass-production model from the beginning of the second trailer (with the guy walking through the garage) is another model. We'll probably get an overview of how arts and equipment works, although we have a good idea already (we've seen before that the Arts a Doll has are directly tied to it's equipment, ex. A gatling gun over it's right should is one art, a left shoulder mounted rocket launcher is another art, a left palm mounted shield is another art, etc, we've seen photon sabres and other weapons too). Auto-attacking likely occurs 'normally' with the machine guns the Dolls carry on their hip.

They're transformable... but I doubt the Dolls are customizable with PARTS, because they're all specifically designed as a single transforming template. Switching out any parts could compromise that transformable frame design, but I'm pretty sure we can modify colours as we want. Damage (eg. Over'ed charges and knock off the left arm of a Doll (seen @1:19) https://youtu.be/GNOVjqlwBRs?t=55s) results in the Doll being unable to use left arm associated arts. We've seen the garage in NLA a few times, so I guess all you'd do at that point is bring it back and wait for it to get fixed. I guess they'll also talk about licensing, and the ongoing development of the atmospheric flight module and stuff like that. I don't know what else there is, and I don't even know if fuel is still in or not, but I'm expecting there to be some completely surprising system we didn't know about and didn't guess. That's just how everythings gone so far :p They're really going all out with the attention to details in this game.

We also know that electric storms (one of the weather conditions) will make Dolls unusable during that state. And that some monsters will be harder to fight inside a Doll so getting out is encouraged or possibly even switching around during certain phases (as seen in the February '14 combat video). Lots of cool stuff they could be/will be showing.

We also know that electric storms (one of the weather conditions) will make Dolls unusable during that state. And that some monsters will be harder to fight inside a Doll so getting out is encouraged or possibly even switching around during certain phases (as seen in the February '14 combat video). Lots of cool stuff they could be/will be showing.

I didn't know about electricity making Dolls unusable, was that on the website update? I think I read about how it causes passive damage (as if lighting hits you every so often at fixed intervals, haha). It'll be interesting to see the story behind that, they're running off the external DM engine that they designed with alien tech/know-how as opposed to an internal engine.. Do static storms disrupt the transfer of energy to the Doll? What would happen if you're flying in a Doll when a storm starts? I hope they address this kind of stuff :p

And yeah, they mentioned Dolls are stronger, but they're less dexterous, so it might give an advantage to get out and target specific parts of a monster instead. Indeed. Can't wait.

I hope this game comes no later than August

And we need to start seeing some English footage

Before No later than August? Kinda impossible since we haven't seen a single English version of it. I don't think they'll do less than 2 months of promotion, assuming E3 is the earliest where we can see English footage/screens

TheMoon

I didn't know about electricity making Dolls unusable, was that on the website update? I think I read about how it causes passive damage (as if lighting hits you every so often at fixed intervals, haha). It'll be interesting to see the story behind that, they're running off the external DM engine that they designed with alien tech/know-how as opposed to an internal engine.. Do static storms disrupt the transfer of energy to the Doll? What would happen if you're flying in a Doll when a storm starts? I hope they address this kind of stuff :p

And yeah, they mentioned Dolls are stronger, but they're less dexterous, so it might give an advantage to get out and target specific parts of a monster instead. Indeed. Can't wait.

I don't remember where it was from. Probably the website update, though. I think they covered weather effects there.

Sorry if old but the soundtrack is up for pre-order on Amazon Japan

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00VIQHREC/

Up on cdjapan now too. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/DFCL-2135

Woo! Can't wait.

So much Sawano music coming in the next two months. Seven Deadly Sins OST II in a couple days, the live-action morning drama Mare OST at the end of April, and the Seraph of the End OP and ED singles on the same day as this Xenoblade X OST release.

I'm buying them all, of course. And I've preordered the Xenoblade X Wii U bundle too. :D

Thanks. I definitely enjoy BLADE's stories much more.
I think it's a combination of Hyodo's awkward writing style, and the generally uninteresting subject matter of his story. Even before they first 'revealed' that the game took place on some planet that a giant lifeboat from Earth crashed on, I had tons of questions about the logistics of NLA(or 'the citypod') and the state of humanity on the planet. So, having a bunch of those questions answered in a short story pre-release has been quite interesting. Hearing about how one of the characters that I'm least interested in is upset that she can't eat ice cream constantly...not so much.

The awkward writing style probably isn't very obvious in the translation though. I know how to get ideas across in writing, but I don't know how to emulate hipster novelists :(

Also, iYakku made a neat "trailer" for the game, if anyone's interested in watching a bunch of old white guys talk for a few minutes.

chadboban

I was re-watching the exploration video and noticed an odd structure in the corner for about a frame or two at 13:26 in the video. Could this be something important

I love that it seems to have a path that wraps around and goes behind it. There's so much to explore in this game!

It also reminds me of the structures in this screenshot.

img_field02_bou_01.jpg

L~A

Yeah :)

[小島]ここのところ告知系の呟きが多くてゲームの中身についてなかなかお話しできませんでした。しかし今週は10日の「ドール・ネットワーク編」を前にネタを選ぶのもなかなか難しいという実情が…。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/584989334421381120

ですから(?)今日はだいぶ気が早い感じの、エンディングを迎えた後のお話。装備メニューに「ファッション装備」という枠が追加され、見た目の装備と実際の装備をそれぞれ個別に設定できるようになります。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/584989514487070721

それから、アバターメイクに非常に悩んでいるユーザーさんがいらっしゃるようですが、とりあえず作ってしまってゲームを始めても大丈夫です、多分。

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/584989607504154624

Now see, this would be considered interesting.

Kojima's saying it's difficult to find things to tweet about, especially with the Doll/Network video on the 10th. As a teaser, he explains a bit about the "Fashion Equipment" option in the menu, that allows you to change the outward appearance of your gear while their keeping stats, that unlocks after the "ending." And to the people who might spend forever on their character, it's probably not set in stone once you start the game.

Seems like there's 'fashion equip' menu where we can set equipments as costume? No more ugly looking armor while in battle then :D

Kojima's saying it's difficult to find things to tweet about, especially with the Doll/Network video on the 10th. As a teaser, he explains a bit about the "Fashion Equipment" option in the menu, that allows you to change the outward appearance of your gear while their keeping stats, that unlocks after the "ending." And to the people who might spend forever on their character, it's probably not set in stone once you start the game.
Every RPG with equipment that changes appearance should do this. I hate it when you have to wear stuff you hate because it gives you good stats. (Or alternatively, stop wearing something you like because it's not strong enough.)

random25

Somehow I got confused. Is the Fashion Equipment option unlocked after the ending?

random25

According to the tweets, yes.

Thanks! I'm not so sure if it's a good idea to have it as an endgame bonus of sorts. I mean, unless there is an epilogue or a new post-game mission, only a few would repeat a long game just for costume changes. But I would love to try that one out.

Thanks! I'm not so sure if it's a good idea to have it as an endgame bonus of sorts. I mean, unless there is an epilogue or a new post-game mission, only a few would repeat a long game just for costume changes. But I would love to try that one out.
I wouldn't worry about that. I feel like this game is gonna have a lot of post-game content, given its perceived structure. Not to mention the multiplayer aspects.

random25

I wouldn't worry about that. I feel like this game is gonna have a lot of post-game content, given its perceived structure. Not to mention the multiplayer aspects.

I really hope so. Or if the game actually has multiple story routes for added replay value (not necessarily multiple endings).

I really hope so. Or if the game actually has multiple story routes for added replay value (not necessarily multiple endings).
The game has a faux-MMO feel, and with all the different factions, I'm sure they'll be tons of stuff to do once the main story is completed.

I meant announced for NA.

Also I was thinking the Wii U version was out this month too and not just the 3DS one.

And yes that is one sexy box.

We don't even have a single look at english version of this game yet. I would be surprised if they already announce bundle/editions at this point while not releasing any trailer/screenshot of english version prior to that.

L~A

To be fair, the game will probably have a truckload of quests, including some end game exclusive... I wouldn't worry ;)

mugwhump

fuuuuuuuck yeeeeaaaaaaaaaah

According to the tweets, yes.

fuuuuuuck nooooooooooooooo

I miss the wii days when save files were transferable ;_;

I would absolutely despise having multiple story routes in a game that has over a hundred hours of sidequests and would probably need at least 80 hours a playthrough.

fuuuuuuuck yeeeeaaaaaaaaaah

fuuuuuuck nooooooooooooooo

I miss the wii days when save files were transferable ;_;

How would that help in this situation? It's not described as a new game+ but as something that opens up after the ending.

If it was a new game+ thing who probably would have mentioned a new playthrough.

With that said it probably is a part of new game plus.

mugwhump

How would that help in this situation? It's not described as a new game+ but as something that opens up after the ending.

If it was a new game+ thing who probably would have mentioned a new playthrough.

With that said it probably is a part of new game plus.

Yeah I was assuming it'd be available as a NG+ thing which I could access if I had someone's save data.

Glass Rebel

It's already bigger, so ...^^

I know that the map is bigger but I thought that was mostly due to the dolls being in the game. And knowing how much superfluous sidequests there were in XBC, I'll take Takahashi's 300h playthrough with a big grain of salt :p

CB5v260UIAAt40H.jpg

DLC(quest) confirmed, since the bundle contains a 1000 point card so not surprising.

That's hardly confirmation of DLC itself. I guess we can say the evidence was there if they do end up confirming DLC, but I'm not ready to make that assumption yet. Let's wait and see.

EDIT: I see it now, says additional quests (fee), or something like that. I'm hopeful that quests are more interesting, but I'm not particularly interested in DLC...
I would hate if Nintendo pushed them to make DLC for this game just because. Ugh. Oh well, I guess we can see on Friday if they mention anything about online DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom