• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, no complaints there. I actually preferred the old TR with the almost scary atmosphere in jungles, caverns and tombs. The first Tomb Raider had me really tensed up at many points, haha.
Many people seem to like the new reboot style TR but I am kinda sad that the old style is gone and there doesn't seem to be something similar. I mean, there are enough TPS/uncharted-like games imo but not enough TR games.
There being a lot of TPSs is true, but Uncharted-like ones? I don't see many of the latter. Besides, TR 2013 was my first Uncharted-like game, and I liked it a lot, much more than the actual Uncharted (which I played early this year, and am currently going slowly through the sequel). I wish there were more games like it.

Batman Fruits, Mordor, Kingdoms of Amalur?

I don't think any of those games play like TR2013. The first two are open world games with other things tied to them, the last is just a meh RPG.

TR2013 and Uncharted come from the same lineage as Gears of War, which itself pulls heavily from RE4. So it's 3rd person shooters with a set, narrow campaign path and over the shoulder shooting mechanic. of them, TR2013 is probably the most open of the lot with the last of us coming up right behind it.

Jawmuncher

I ain't trying to pay outrageous prices for 3. Is just so lame since the reason for the pull was GFWL keys, keys that MS owns. Oh well I have Anniversary which is the best game still anyway.

Grief.exe

April 21st for the early access, but what is the release date? PC Gamer seem to think they posted the actual release date based on the title of the news, but they then only talk about early access.

Oh I know, but we really shouldn't treat early access as release date and it's even worse when a gaming website thinks release date and early access date are equivalent.

April 21st is the release date for Early Access.

No way for Tripwire to know the final release date for the game at this point. They likely have estimates for budgetary purposes, but can't lock down anything definitive.

Seems like you are calling them out for arbitrary reasons. The article is very clear about the Early Access nature of the release.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of texhnolyze, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (texhnolyze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sanctum -- MB-E11EFC5E2201951B - Taken by TheLight. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-E92E725771151553 - Taken by properpropaganda. 1 entrants total.

t1428421971z1.png

Ribeiro

Anyone living in Germany with acess to a Bluray recorder that can copy The GTA V preload when available? :p
I moved in to here and i am tied with a crappy Internet with a cap 12gB per week

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone living in Germany with acess to a Bluray recorder that can copy The GTA V preload when available? :p
I moved in to here and i am tied with a crappy Internet with a cap 12gB per week

Party like it's 1999!

_hekk05

Banned

Germany is a big place, my friend.

You can try torrenting the pre-crack version, moving it to your steamapps folder and verify license, I believe.

I can't think of another good third person action game that plays similar to TR2013 in recent years
Yeah, I said people seemed to like it not that the new TR is bad. TPS feel very similar to me. I played the Uncharted series and while being very polished and good-looking it still is a TPS for me. From what I saw of the new TR, it feels very similar as a TPS. The world-design is cool and different but in the end it is a "regular" TPS for me.
There being a lot of TPSs is true, but Uncharted-like ones?
How do you define Uncharted-like ones if you mind? I am thinking of being a TPS. It is of great quality and especially the second and third have some beautiful levels and set-pieces but at its core it is just a good TPS. Not that special or groundbreaking. It was truly great fun and the levels kept on surprising me.

I just realized this has been on my wish list for a while. I really like the look and concept of the game. For $0.74 it should be a no brainer, but I tell myself why spend money now knowing that I'm not playing any of the dozens of unplayed games I already own, and knowing that I likely won't be playing this one any time soon.

This is a stage-based "infinite" runner with a behind-the-shoulder, temple-run style camera perspective, a lane-switching mechanic like an early Harmonix game, and a science theme. It runs well, and it's pretty compelling. When you lose you can restart instantly, and the game has a good presentation. It's pretty difficult. Not as difficult as a Super Hexagon or a Velocibox, but hard enough that I think most people probably wouldn't beat it. That being said, I've really liked the 3-4 hours I've spent with it and I would recommend it to anyone considering it.

Is it good in short bursts and allows you to jump right in quickly (i.e. no loading or splash screens, like Super Hexagon)?

Phinor

April 21st is the release date for Early Access.

No way for Tripwire to know the final release date for the game at this point. They likely have estimates for budgetary purposes, but can't lock down anything definitive.

Seems like you are calling them out for arbitrary reasons. The article is very clear about the Early Access nature of the release.

The article itself is about early access, but my problem is the the headline/title of the article which literally says "Killing Floor 2 release date revealed" and that's just false, no release date has been revealed. The whole article is about early access, why doesn't the title mention that fact at all?

I've always hated news articles with false titles, clickbaits, however you want to call them but this one really irritated me for whatever reason. I guess it's the fact that the more we see this, the more acceptable it is to think that early access is actual proper release date and I think we shouldn't accept that type of thinking at all.

Case in point, I have backed quite a few kickstarter projects and these days it is pretty much acceptable to say during the kickstarter that the planned release date is for example Aug 2015 but come Aug 2015, they simply release early access version and that's that. I know kickstarter projects are almost always delayed but it still doesn't mean you met your projected release date if you manage to release an early access version by that date.

Grief.exe

The article itself is about early access, but my problem is the the headline/title of the article which literally says "Killing Floor 2 release date revealed" and that's just false, no release date has been revealed. The whole article is about early access, why doesn't the title mention that fact at all?

I've always hated news articles with false titles, clickbaits, however you want to call them but this one really irritated me for whatever reason. I guess it's the fact that the more we see this, the more acceptable it is to think that early access is actual proper release date and I think we shouldn't accept that type of thinking at all.

Case in point, I have backed quite a few kickstarter projects and these days it is pretty much acceptable to say during the kickstarter that the planned release date is for example Aug 2015 but come Aug 2015, they simply release early access version and that's that. I know kickstarter projects are almost always delayed but it still doesn't mean you met your projected release date if you manage to release an early access version by that date.

In both the examples listed, the Kick starter and PC gamer article, the author is assuming the reader is going to read the entire article.

Both article titles and Kickstarter tier descriptions, are designed to get the point across quickly and concisely. The author does not want to overload either with descriptors, as that is accounted for with information in the main article.

That is why I find your criticisms arbitrary. The Early Access release date is a release date for that version of the game. It is both assumed you, as an informed gamer, will realize this, but the information is always listed in depth in the article in question.

By the way, a clickbait article is where the author uses a fallacy or hyperbolic statement in order to get people to read the article.
For example, the recent Wired article titled, 'Star Citizen - Fans Have Dropped $77 million on this buggy, half-finished game.' No matter your stance on the development of Star Citizen, you must realize that the game is still ~2 years from release, rendering the article ridiculous, ignorant, and embarrassing.
PC Gamer leaving Early Access out of the title when it is prominently featured in the article as well as all prior press releases from Tripwire is not click bait. The author likely saw it as a redundancy and left it out.

Tizoc

I just realized this has been on my wish list for a while. I really like the look and concept of the game. For $0.74 it should be a no brainer, but I tell myself why spend money now knowing that I'm not playing any of the dozens of unplayed games I already own, and knowing that I likely won't be playing this one any time soon.

Get it with Gaben Dollars.
The Lady Ronan commands it.

So I only have cards... do I sell them? turn them to gems? What's the catch and what's the point? /totalnoob

Well, that depends. You can either keep the cards and buy/trade the ones missing in order to complete badges or just sell them in the market and get steam wallet money. Completing badges increases your Steam level and gives you things like an increased friends list size and profile backgrounds, etc.

So I only have cards... do I sell them? turn them to gems? What's the catch and what's the point? /totalnoob

You can sell the cards. You can turn them into gems, which in turn can be used to craft booster packs to get more cards (one pack per game per day.) You can turn them into gems, create a sack of 1000 gems, and sell the sack. You can complete card sets to get other things such as backgrounds and emoticons, as well as increase your Steam level, which apparently increases the chance of getting booster packs (although it's apparently so small nobody can even tell if this is true or not.)

Card and gem prices stay roughly in line with one another, but in general you'll probably get more selling the cards.

Dsyndrome

Selling foils takes forever if you want any decent money. Have had a Gabriel Knight foil up for a month something like 30 cents lower than the last one sold, no takers.

Well, that depends. You can either keep the cards and buy/trade the ones missing in order to complete badges or just sell them in the market and get steam wallet money. Completing badges increases your Steam level and gives you things like an increased friends list size and profile backgrounds, etc.

Sell each cards 1 cent lower on what you see in the market. If you have a foil, check the market first, than sell it 1 cent lower of the lower card present here.

You can sell the cards. You can turn them into gems, which in turn can be used to craft booster packs to get more cards (one pack per game per day.) You can turn them into gems, create a sack of 1000 gems, and sell the sack. You can complete card sets to get other things such as backgrounds and emoticons, as well as increase your Steam level, which apparently increases the chance of getting booster packs (although it's apparently so small nobody can even tell if this is true or not.)

Card and gem prices stay roughly in line with one another, but in general you'll probably get more selling the cards.

Thanks, that's helpful! Can you regain cards you sell or convert via in-game drops? Or are they gone forever unless you buy them?

Son...have you never heard of Idle Master?

I know what it is. I just never cared for cards before, and I'm not sure I like the idea of getting all cards from a game without playing it.

Thanks, that's helpful! Can you regain cards you sell or convert via in-game drops? Or are they gone forever unless you buy them?

I know what it is. I just never cared for cares before, and I'm not sure I like the idea of getting all cards from a game without playing it.

They are gone forever unless you buy or trade other things/cards for them.

madjoki

Selling foils takes forever if you want any decent money. Have had a Gabriel Knight foil up for a month something like 30 cents lower than the last one sold, no takers.

Also foils aren't worth it, gone are good old days when u could sell Magicka foil for 7€+. Nothing since has ever come close.

Rainbow Six Siege - Closed Alpha is in the house :D If you have any questions ask and i will try to answer them :D

CB__zhEW0AAXRCm.jpg:large

Damn, I'm really unlucky with all the alphas or betas that I really want in. Tried my hand at getting in the Way of the Samurai 4 beta, nope, tried here, nope.

You can randomly receive a booster pack from a game (apparently booster packs go out when someone crafts the badge) but that's pretty much the only way to get cards without buying or trading them.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Didn't realize PoE had some controversy. Reading it up... holy shit, people add meaning to stuff that aren't there and then get offended by it.

Count towards what?

The sale for the game when it is "being counted" on total sales, etc. on charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom