• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Witcher 2 was awesome and the content was quite rich and detailed. Definitely worth full price. Witcher 3 looks awesome and seems like it will have a ton of content. Definitely worth full (Russian lol) price.

I will happily buy a season pass for two expansions from them.

_hekk05

Banned
Didn't jump on russian price witcher 3 when I had the chance because I don't do pre-orders. Probably going to wait for a sale. I'll only be getting a new PC in 3 years anyway.

My only moment of weakness was bloodborne, and that was because of it being 45 bucks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is it good in short bursts and allows you to jump right in quickly (i.e. no loading or splash screens, like Super Hexagon)?

Yes. It might take maybe a second more to get into the gam, but the respawn is just as instant and I think if you appreciate the flow of SH you will like Boson X

didamangi

Didn't jump on russian price witcher 3 when I had the chance because I don't do pre-orders. Probably going to wait for a sale. I'll only be getting a new PC in 3 years anyway.

My only moment of weakness was bloodborne, and that was because of it being 45 bucks.

Dunno man, ~$16 is a very, very low price for a pre-order considering the game we're talking about. But if you're planning to play the game in 3 years then it probably won't matter much :D

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member

it looks WAY better than the original
like, getting cod zombies vibes
hud looks good too
the snow map looks great
yet another reason its reminding me of black ops
honestly
if this is it in early access
it looks mostly done
and fantastic at that
nice hud, nice art, snow maps, cool/better looking weapons, music seems a lot better, like
I don't see a reason to dislike it
also
no freaking clowns like the first one
Shamelessly pasting in what I told someone on skype.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Into the Dark got cards.

Turfster

Playing FEAR 2 right now and reached Interval 5. Man this is one hell of a letdown after the first. Thinking back, I believe the only reason I even enjoyed FEAR 3 was because I played it with a buddy and had no connection to anything before that game.

Told you. ;)

Happy birthday zky.

Amazon has R* Ultimate and Classics collections on sale, 34$ and 17$

Maniac

Banned
No games should be exclusive. Games should exist to sell games, not hardware.

A pipe dream, I know. But one can hope.

Fuck man, that's... That's basically my dream right there. It would be amazing, wouldn't it?
Rainbow Six Siege - Closed Alpha is in the house :D If you have any questions ask and i will try to answer them :D

CB__zhEW0AAXRCm.jpg:large

There's no NDA? ;o

There is for me. But then again, I'm getting paid. Huehue.
It was nice being able to play Ryse and Dead Rising 3 without having to drop 400-500$ on a Xbone even if it was 10 months later.

Yup... I concur. And I want to see that trend continue. Regardless of how much shit MS has done, they're treating PC gamers quite well compared to Sony who doesn't give a shit about gamers at all, they just care about their bottomline and not sharing their profits with anyone ;p

Ofcourse, that's almost understandable when you're a huge business conglomerate failing to generate profits in all but that one sector... But you'd think they'd wanna maximise it, lol
Buying a PS4 solely to be able to laugh at the PC Master Race is worth it. Continuous entertainment for the whole generation.

Games are just a bonus.

hue

Fuck the mustard race thing, seriously. I hate it so much, and I hate consoles just as much.

But yeah... Platform holders would lose nothing by releasing games on PC (and possibly other platforms) a year or so later. It'd generate a lot more revenue.

Of course there's also an element of corporate pride in hardware exclusivity and manufacturing ones' own hardware. Not to speak of the goldmine that is the disgusting PS+ bollocks we've got going these days.

Man, I hate gaming so much... :|
Bayo2 was a risk Nintendo took to have more hardcore gamers buy their platform. they gain nothing by allowing the game to appear on other platforms because it justifies people not buying their hardware for an exclusive game.

look, while no one really likes the idea of games being hardware exclusive in the case of Bayo2 we're talking about a game that wouldn't exist if it weren't for nintendo funding it. People are just going to have to get over it already, some games aren't going to come to their platform of choice and that's ok.

It really shouldn't be ok, though. Most of these companies, if not all of them, would make a lot more money without all the hardware fragmentation. But I mean, that's their own decision and their own problem.

And it really, really isn't okay for the end-consumer.

-------

Good to get that off my chest. Kappa.

_hekk05

Banned
I give up. All my posts, all my arguments a couple of pages back, for nothing. Still the same old they got nothing to lose argument.

I'm going to sleep.

Jawmuncher

Any thoughts on KB/M vs. gamepad for Witcher 2 control preferences? I really need to start playing that soon.

I played witcher 2 just fine on 360. Never played the game with M&KB but had no issues with the controller and never felt like I was restricted by it.

HoosTrax

Eh, the artstyle in Hyperdimension Neptunia looks a bit obnoxious. (It doesn't help that most of the screenshots on the Steam page are of the moe persuasion, and tell me nothing about the gameplay)

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I give up. All my posts, all my arguments a couple of pages back, for nothing. Still the same old they got nothing to lose argument.

I'm going to sleep.

About why exclusives exist? You're right. How is that "for nothing"? Relax, you don't have to correct everyone on everything to make an action/argument worthwhile.

Oe9ftMk.png

And that's the wrap on the Half-Life 2 saga.

Episode 2 was actually good. Magnitudes better than Episode 1 for sure. It had distinct areas; the mines, the forest. That helped a lot in creating an atmosphere imo. I really, really enjoyed the section at White Forest inside of the station the most. It reminded me of Half-Life 1's superior underground science setting. So great. I am seriously thinking of installing the Valve-vetted Black Mesa conversion.

I still didn't like the driving sections. I think yuraya posted how they were a clever method and yes, I do understand the advantages. It is a change of pace, something very different, helps crossing huge gaps (geographically eg.) shortly without the need of cutscenes. In the end only one thing mattered to me though. Driving was not fun. It wasn't in HL2 and it wasn't in the Episodes. It feels to floaty, like my cars slithers on butter. This feels only more weird when you think that Half-Life 2 has such a big focus on incorproating physics meaningful into the game. And in the general sense (shooting) it does a very good job. Hitting enemies with a radiator directly in the face and seeing their bodies fling into the horizon feels so satisfying. Compare that to the awful driving behaviour and it just doesn't feel well done. There was a section in ep2 where you would jump about 10m head-down with the car, Alyx sitting next to you. It just was so awkward to see the unrealistic actions there. There are no seatbelts and nothing happens. The car itself also doesn't react at all to the - basically - crash. I totally get that this is a minor gripe but it just felt stupid.

Anyhow, the main bulk you'll be doing is pretty solid. Or as solid as a more (now :p) oldschool FPS can be considered nowadays. I don't think many who missed out on HL2 will really enjoy the game to be honest. Mainly because of all the hype Half-Life gets. In its time it was revolutionary and really, really great but some games age better than others. I sure had a lot of fun and can recommend trying it out at least. The main game took me about 12 hours, Episode-1 4 hours and Episode-2 5 hours. So there's a lot of "game" to be had ;) Orange Box has all games at once (and Portal 1+2 !), so that would likely be the best option but I would advise waiting for a good sale. No matter the fame, it is not for everyone and may land on the backlog forever.

I read about some pretty cool Mods for HL2, so I will take a look at Steam. Guess they have a Mod section? Would greatly appreciate recommendations for Mods from here, too :)

Oh and this I also want to say. The story ends on a cliffhanger. A conclusion to Half-Life 2 would be great of course but it is a 2004 game. It's over 11 years old! You can really tell that the game feels dated and I am not talking about visuals alone. Sadly, I am of the opinion the train has left for a third episode to come which is a shame since I want the Half-Life 2 universe to end so that Half-Life can get to a new phase again. The jump from HL1 to HL2 was very intense. There was suddenly focus on specific NPC characters. Many of whom I don't want to see in the future. Sorry Alyx, I've had enough of you. I wish Valve will do the same for a future Half-Life as they did with HL2. Total new setting, very few callbacks to past characters. If you think about it, it was very weird that the Xen became friendlies and a total new faction came into light, the Combine. I want a similar shift to happen with HL3. Not a formal continuation of HL2 but a total surprise from the left-field. Away with Alyx, Dog, Barney etc. I wish for it be as different of a successor as HL2 was to HL1. More-of-the-same sequels are maybe what many fans thin they want but just recently I read how "safe" sequels sell much worse. On that I think Nintendo devs are awesome. I mean no Zelda is all too similar. That is a good way to do sequels I think. And Valve did it with HL1-HL2 as well. Doesn't mean of course every sequel has to be revolutionary ;)

Valve has some big work to do with that I am sure. Wonder what they are planning. I have patience though and it can take as long as they need for all I care.

Arthea

Eh, the artstyle in Hyperdimension Neptunia looks a bit obnoxious. (It doesn't help that most of the screenshots on the Steam page are of the moe persuasion, and tell me nothing about the gameplay)

oh c'mon now, submit to Nep Nep if you know what's good for you!
since when screenshots can show something about gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom