• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's like two times cheaper than any 1TB I've seen here!
nope, not kidding
sorry about your job, btw
It's easy to forget how cheap things are in the US compared to the rest of the world. Very lucky in that regard. And I appreciate it, it'll all work out. Gives me an excuse to go back to school.

Seriously considering buying GTAV early just so i cant play when it launches. I mean, if the port is good, i will buy it day one...but i'm still not sure.
Worse case scenario you can join in the riots!

-Kickstarter backer creates a limerick to be featured on a plaque that most people won't even bother reading.
-Person on Twitter considers the poem transphobic and tells Obsidian to change it. This causes a tiny uproar, but it's honestly overreacting compared to most transphobic drivel on the Internet I've seen.
-Obsidian contacts the backer, who then submits a new poem that is less offensive. Obsidian admits that if the content had been properly vetted, it would not have been included in the game, which is exactly what should have happened in the first place to avoid all of this.
-People react to this as censorship and behave like babies extremely butthurt manchildren.

Keep in mind that all of this is over a limerick that the majority of people playing Pillars of Eternity would probably never have seen if it weren't for the controversy.

Wow, really. Amazing.

I suppose if you needed either 140 or Contraption Maker and you already bought last week's Indie HB, you're in luck.

Glad I didn't go for the upper tier. Lackluster.

Deitus

I give up. All my posts, all my arguments a couple of pages back, for nothing. Still the same old they got nothing to lose argument.

I'm going to sleep.

For what it's worth, I agree with you. But it's probably best to let the argument die, because it's clearly not going anywhere.

Kiru

I only use a 250GB SSD. I'm not wasteful like you guys.

#savethetreesandstuff

Yes I regret it.
I think 250GB are alright. You don't have to install every single game on a SSD. Not every game benefits that much from it, also I'm just waiting it out until large SSDs get cheaper.

Kiru

Only played 140 out of those. Was a nice platformer where you have to jump and move according to the rhythm of the surroundings.

louiedog

La-Mulana, MirrorMoon EP and 140 are excellent games, and Outlast and Torchlight 2 are two very good games. In my opinion, for less than $6, it's a very good deal.

I don't know if there's anything different in the Super version, but I thought The Splatters on XBLA was good fun.

Shantom

KLOKWb0.png

Any idea why Humble is telling me the average is $6.63 and not $5.97?

KLOKWb0.png

Any idea why Humble is telling me the average is $6.63 and not $5.97?

i *believe* your BTA depends on when you put your first dollar down. So if at the time you paid for the $1 tier the BTA was $6.63 then that's what you would have to pay to be considered beating the average.

I could and have been wrong before but i think that's the deal.

Derp

I think 250GB are alright. You don't have to install every single game on a SSD. Not every game benefits that much from it, also I'm just waiting it out until large SSDs get cheaper.
Nonono. I actually meant I only have a 250GB SSD. No other means of storage lol.

I've learnt so much from my experience. Like how to manage and save space like a fucking god. And how stupid I am for thinking 250GB of storage would be enough. I mean, my Skyrim and New Vegas combined take up more than 60GB (god bless you, graphical mods). Then GTA V will take up 60GB. That's half my storage on 3 games. I'm living the life.

Shantom

i *believe* your BTA depends on when you put your first dollar down. So if at the time you paid for the $1 tier the BTA was $6.63 then that's what you would have to pay to be considered beating the average.

If it's you increasing your initial amount, I believe they make you beat the average price from when you bought the bundle and not the current price.

Damn. Thanks guys.

Kiru

Nonono. I actually meant I only have a 250GB SSD. No other means of storage lol.

I've learnt so much from my experience. Like how to manage and save space like a fucking god. And how stupid I am for thinking 250GB of storage would be enough. I mean, my Skyrim and New Vegas combined take up more than 60GB (god bless you, graphical mods). Then GTA V will take up 60GB. That's half my storage on 3 games. I'm living the life.

Oh now I get you, lol. Yeah I have 1TB HDD just for games & stuff.

derExperte

So you have to pay more? That's stupid. I'd just make a new account or something.

Lomax

In a way I'm glad the additions to the Humble Bundle aren't things I wanted because I'd have ended up dropping the $10 and getting Shadow Warrior too, this way I escape completely unscathed. Great bundle though, I just already have most of it.

So you have to pay more? That's stupid. I'd just make a new account or something.

in this case, you would be paying more than someone who is BTA today but in his/her case he'll just be paying the difference from when he/she put the dollar down, so something like 5.63. It's cheaper to just pay the difference than to create a new account to pay more in the end.

DmAc2k6

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contraption Maker -- MB-0638DDFB784F25C7 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
MirrorMoon EP -- MB-E70F21C31FF8FD05 - Taken by Se7enSword. 10 entrants total.

t1428431502z1.png

Lomax

Well most people use it to lock in a lower price early, it's pretty unusual for BTA prices to go down as a whole. Us bundle addicts fiends try to find the point where it bottoms out before going back up and buy in there (usually in the first 20-30 minutes after launch). It looks like you got caught by buying in early before it dropped down and then went back up. But if you you already spent a dollar, it's still cheaper for you to raise it to your BTA than it would be to buy a whole additional bundle.

Derp

Oh now I get you, lol. Yeah I have 1TB HDD just for games & stuff.
Oh that reminds me, I bought a 1TB HDD and then gave it to my dad because I was so confident I wouldn't need it.

Oh, the regret. Words cannot describe it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
La-Mulana, MirrorMoon EP and 140 are excellent games, and Outlast and Torchlight 2 are two very good games. In my opinion, for less than $6, it's a very good deal.

They are, but they've all been super cheap or bundled before. I guess that's what we get with the proliferation of tons of bundles, though.

Axass

Welp.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Axass, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

140 -- MB-BE42C86752EE357C - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.

t1428432282z1.png

Extra!
ModBot said:
Instructions for NightmareTrigger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NightmareTrigger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

MirrorMoon EP -- MB-1A3D8D04F2AC808C - Taken by darkchewie. 13 entrants total.

t1428432702z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh you also get a giftable copy in your inventory after activating Contraption Maker.

Which reminds me:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Shadows of War -- MB-D8A5A4185AF44A0B - Taken by Darth Kupi
TerraTech -- MB-1ECAF3281B427510 - Taken by Haunted

Shadows of War has the restriction icon but isn't actually restricted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom