• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet PSP screens

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
wsxe95t4ikezq7q2wf31_0001.png

bybiyltdhbe9yapps6_0002.png

jk5epokksjyrnzbgs8g_0003.png

npdlmr8qhmxxu2ci38gf_0004.png

l2x3bref4jwx731v42n4_0005.png

0oa144p94hpmogv1c37o_0006.png

26z02rxdlam0s49qp780_0007.png

ul3j2pz2lgw3v95asic7_0008.png

5e7vp2ftdbgl5tfljg_0009.png

6f4atpvcnu6sasg2cf2_0010.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
Obvious graphical downgrade due to the PSP, but the real importance is the online functionality. How does PCS work on here?

StuBurns

Banned
XxBigP123xX said:
But how will you use the most important feature of LBP?
Moving sackboys head around with the sixaxis :p
That's the second most important.
Press L3, now you can move his crotch around.

mandiller

Can it play PS3 levels and is it online capable for sharing and playing together like the PS3 version? That's what I want to know.

Zen

Banned
I'm secretly hoping that it links directly into LPB PS3 online levels et all but dramatically downgrades the graphics/assets.

But that might be hoping for too much.

Belgand

I say boo to this. Just give me LBP 2 for the PS3. Enough with having to make a PSP version of every single game that does well on the console. Maybe we can have good portable games that aren't just clones of already successful games. Frankly, with the whole RemotePlay concept why is it even necessary at all?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Belgand said:
I say boo to this. Just give me LBP 2 for the PS3. Enough with having to make a PSP version of every single game that does well on the console. Maybe we can have good portable games that aren't just clones of already successful games. Frankly, with the whole RemotePlay concept why is it even necessary at all?

its called marketing and making money. learn how it works.

you expand the market your IP can potentially appeal to. A natural extension is the PSP in this case.

you might not like movies -> games, but it doesnt invalidate their purpose or reason for existence.

Ranger X

Looks so similar that it doesn't interest me at all.

I wanted a COMPLEMENTARY OR DIFFERENT game. Now why would I play anything else than the PS3 superior version??

Here's a youtube of me playing LBP PSP on the PSP Go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuxKOl5xnWk

There are only two planes from what I experienced. As for hand movement, it didn't seem like I could considering there is not L2/R2 or right analog. You use the left analog nub to move around. Nothing happened when I messed with the d-pad though, so facial expressions might not have been implemented in the demo.

There's no create mode in the demo, but expect all the tools to be there.

Loading times suuuuuuuuuuuuck though (off of the PSPgo). Other games did not have this issue. Again, demo version so I can't truly judge it yet.

One thing that stuck to me were the controls of the PSP version felt less floaty than the PS3 version, which feels a lot better TBH. As for PSP/PS3 implementation, it's getting figured out at the moment but there are no concrete details as to whether or not it will happen (it should though).

Plus it's fun working the LBP station at the Sony booth. I learned so many things I can't talk about. :3

Teknoman

donkey show said:
Here's a youtube of me playing LBP PSP on the PSP Go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuxKOl5xnWk

There are only two planes from what I experienced. As for hand movement, it didn't seem like I could considering there is not L2/R2 or right analog. You use the left analog nub to move around. Nothing happened when I messed with the d-pad though, so facial expressions might not have been implemented in the demo.

There's no create mode in the demo, but expect all the tools to be there.

Loading times suuuuuuuuuuuuck though (off of the PSPgo). Other games did not have this issue. Again, demo version so I can't truly judge it yet.

One thing that stuck to me were the controls of the PSP version felt less floaty than the PS3 version, which feels a lot better TBH. As for PSP/PS3 implementation, it's getting figured out at the moment but there are no concrete details as to whether or not it will happen (it should though).

Plus it's fun working the LBP station at the Sony booth. I learned so many things I can't talk about. :3

How did the analog stick feel?

Grayman

kind of hoping that this one is it's own animal(like the less floaty comment). I'd like a simpler create for morons like me :)

Teknoman said:
How did the analog stick feel?
Good, very good. Impressive actually. The nub is smaller, but it just feels right in comparison to the 3000/2000. All the games I tried with it felt more precise when I switched from a 3000 demo unit.

Grayman said:
kind of hoping that this one is it's own animal(like the less floaty comment). I'd like a simpler create for morons like me :)
At the moment, it really feels like an LBP Lite (with better controls)... but development is still brewing so we'll see.

Teknoman

donkey show said:
Good, very good. Impressive actually. The nub is smaller, but it just feels right in comparison to the 3000/2000. All the games I tried with it felt more precise when I switched from a 3000 demo unit.

Really? Guess i'll update to the PSPgo after a price drop.

Belgand said:
LBP2 is probably in development right now for PS3 by Media Molecule (probably a 2010 release, would not surprise me). So Media Molecule doesn't have to mess with a PSP version, that is why SCEE Cambridge is working on it. BigBig makes MotorStorm: Arctic Edge so Evolution Studios can concentrate on PS3. Same situation for other developers who brought Insomniac games to PSP.

As for no remote play, not everyone who has a PSP has a PS3. You cannot connect to WiFi every single place you go, and not everyone can get remote play up and running (especially with remote start). Remote play is more so best if you want to just play a game in another room or a short distance away. An actual PSP LBP will be best for when you are on the train, airplane, or maybe out on the beach.

Game looks pretty cool. I do hope that games which run off the HDD on the Go end up loading faster than UMD after a while. I think load times may be cut down a bit, but not a lot.

This looks pretty astoundingly close to the PS3 game! Jumping seems snappier as well, which some people will prefer definitely.

Any word on multiplayer and if you can customise your sackboy? All the shots are of a vanilla sackboy, but I assume that'll be in.

If its 2 planes instead of one, that definitely means no PS3 levels linkup (wasnt expecting it anyway, how could stuff in the PS3 User Levels that maxes the thermometer on that system make it to the PSP :p )

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looks surprisingly good in motion.

I was reading there will be a create mode but they're not showing it yet.

I wonder if the PS3 version will let you play levels created by people on the PSP..

Looked great actually.

Be cool if they let you use things you've collected on the PSP version and transfer them to the PS3 game. Costumes and stickers and the like.

Zoc

Hmm. If I already have the PS3 version, what advantage does this have besides portability?

I think a more 2d look would have suited the PSP better. Sprites would have been great, but cel-shading would have worked, too. Simplified controls would have been nice, too, with movement on the d-pad and no more planes of movement.

newsguy

This game will be perfect for PSP. I liked it on PS3 but it's good when you can simply play a level or 2 and put it down. I don't want to create shit for 2 weeks, just give me awesome SP levels.

nickrempe

Neo Member
Really excited to play LBP on my PSP, especially if it lets me create on my portable. I really hope they get all the web stuff integrated for LBP as well as PSPLBP, that will really set fire to the amount of level creation that goes on. Still waiting for another level pack for LBP from Media Molecule, please tell me that I am not living in a dream world for wanting to have another Metal Gear-like map pack.

Top Bottom