• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM94

Its kind of weird not seeing any leaks yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Project Beast begin to surface about this time last year?

Well I mean the Gears of War remaster is already known.

You would think that would have been shown at the MS conference.

labaronx

Its a mainline street fighter game. I think it would be in bad taste if they put a character in like that. Also the game is on PC too and there is inter connectivity.

Their track record first party wise has been a little disappointing in regards to the critical response. Whatever they, I hope they are evaluating why their games have been bit hit and miss these days.

With that said, I would be upset if they don't show at least 2 high profile titles from their big WWS devs. I am talking main teams of GG and MM. They can fill the rest of the announcements with second party titles and TLG. Also, even though it would upset the fans, I would rather Uncharted skip this E3, and have ND focus all their efforts on the game. Seeing a gorgeous game demo-ed, and not being able to play it for almost a year will crush me.

Yeah i forgot about the pc stuff. Do u think sony has enough characters for a stand alone fighter

Yeah over the next years Playstations budget should see a decent growth (unless they fuck up with Morpheus and it turns into a huge money sink), I hope some of that growth will be reflected in their studios as well, so games getting higher budgets and maybe a new AAA studio being added to Sonys Worldwide Studios.

Kojima Productions. Believe.

I wouldn't call Sony's line up for the rest of the year enormous. MS are gonna go for it this year, probably price drop again, and Sony need to bring their A game. They can't get lazy again.

I hope you are not insinuating they should push games out before they are ready in some sort of desperation.

zlatko

Banned
Predictions:

Microsoft has no new IPs worth a damn. Holiday season will be dry for the AAA exclusives. Gears of War HD remaster will be in 2016 early. Only two games will be timed Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Halo 5. MAYBE Forza 6.

Nintendo will have a slew of new stuff. Perhaps another new IP like Splatoon. New Metriod, more zelda to show off, new mainline 3D Mario, and more!

Sony will be megatons city. 'nuff said. New IPs, niche titles, Vita support still, sequels to loved franchises, graphic jaw drops all over.

P.S The Last Guardian.

dramatis

So nothing exciting from Level 5? But they said, this will be an ambitous project, bigger than White Knight Chronicles.......
I think after all these years and many games from Level 5, we can understand L5's primary target audience will be kids. So people expecting something not in that vein will probably be disappointed.

I wonder how much it would cost to moneyhat GTA again. Or lets say.. Red Dead 3.

$50 million the last time was kind of a special case because it was also done when Take 2 was on the ropes financially and the EA vulture was circling it.

Then again MS spend 2 billion buying Minecraft and a few hundred million buying Gears. Money aint no thing if the name is big enough.

I though they bought Gears for $80 million. At least that is the number I remembered seeing.

Chobel

This E3 is his to win. Two Rare IPs (Battletoads and something else), Scalebound gameplay, Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal, Halo 5, Forza 6, Crackdown 3, Gears Remaster unveil, and a Gears 4 unveil. That's every MAJOR first party franchise MS has plus some topping. It is literally is the perfect storm. It's like a dream E3 list for a Xbox fan come to life. On top of that, I am pretty sure they'll have some smaller games and some other suprises. You don't get the honor to host a conference like this, except once or twice a decade.

I am a Sony fan, but I am stupidly excited to see what Xbox has to show this year because there is potential for best Xbox conference ever about to happen.

Let's try to counter MS E3 hypothetical stuff:

Two Rare IPs (Battletoads and something else) --> Two MM IPs (Tearaway Unfolded + new IP)
Scalebound gameplay --> Level 5 game + other bunch of Japanese games (P5, DQ heroes...)
Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal --> GG new IP reveal.
Halo 5 ---> Uncharted 4
Forza 6 --> GT7
Crackdown 3 --> TLG
Gears Remaster unveil --> Uncharted collection unveil
Gears 4 unveil --> GoW 4 unveil
Joe Montana 2016 --> if it has NFL license it will be tough to counter, otherwise Bend New game should be enough
MS new IP --> QD new game (Singularity?).

I hope this doesn't sound like a list war :p

Circinus

We know the hats are coming according to Gopher, but maybe they'll be deals like SFV was, which I think was palatable for most gamers interested in the title.

Palatable? No, it sucks if your platform of preference to play video games on is XB1.

I'm looking forward to seeing his team secure some big third party exclusives like Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, and Grand Theft Auto. You have to do something worthwhile with that budget rather than just swim around naked in it.

Why? Why looking forward for something that has no tangible benefit for anyone? (well, except for MS and the publisher of the game, depending how much money they get)

I think after all these years and many games from Level 5, we can understand L5's primary target audience will be kids. So people expecting something not in that vein will probably be disappointed.

well i think most of us would be happy with a ni No Kuni Sequel (Game targeted for Kids)
Or a Youkai Watch Ps4 Version :p ( I know it wont happen)

But i didn't read Verendus other Posts....So everything is fine

Boke1879

This E3 is his to win. Two Rare IPs (Battletoads and something else), Scalebound gameplay, Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal, Halo 5, Forza 6, Crackdown 3, Gears Remaster unveil, and a Gears 4 unveil. That's every MAJOR first party franchise MS has plus some topping. It is literally is the perfect storm. It's like a dream E3 list for a Xbox fan come to life. On top of that, I am pretty sure they'll have some smaller games and some other suprises. You don't get the honor to host a conference like this, except once or twice a decade.

I am a Sony fan, but I am stupidly excited to see what Xbox has to show this year because there is potential for best Xbox conference ever about to happen.

While those are great titles. It's stuff we already know. Now I'm sure there will be surprised but I hope it's not like last year where we know the majority of the MS press conference beforehand

BY2K

Membero Americo
New prediction: Shinobi602 found unconscious in an hotel room with a note on him signed by Eidos Montreal saying: "He asked for this."

delSai

I'd be okay with this tbh. Something like Inazuma 11 or Yokai Watch where you collect, train and battle monsters/whatever? That's my stuff.
Edit: Welp Philippo mentioned the "more epic then WKC" thing that i always forget.. Epic Monster collecting, training and fighting maybe? ;_;

I'm looking forward to MS the most this time i think, even though i'm playing on Ps4. I wonder if Battletoads will be shown and what kind of game it is. Some kind of 3D brawler with artstyle like Brütal Legend that plays like a slower, brawler version of God of War and those kind of games or a 2D, side scrolling game?

Personal educated guesses:

1. Microsoft will debut an all new "pro controller" for the Xbox One.
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-is-working-on-a-hardcore-game-controller-for-the-xbox-one
Will look forward to it.

2. David Cage's new game will show up in some capacity making up one third of Sony's notable first party announcements. Guerilla will be the second. Who knows what the third is.
Most likely Media Molecule. Least likely Uncharted Golden Abyss developers.

3. There will be no Polyphony, Team ICO, or Kratos mentions.
I expect this as well.

3. Japanese developers/genres will have notable appearances at both conferences. Kamiya, Nomura, Trolljima?
Nomura being at E3 again is not likely unless he has a game announcement aside from KH 3. Kojima is too involved in internal company politics so I think he will be missing :(
Kamiya seems most likely.

4. People will realize that exclusive doesn't really mean exclusive. Sequels are always multiplatform if you don't own the I.P.
Titanfall 2 announcement for PS4 and Xbox One.

5. Microsoft will win Best E3 CONFERENCE. Phil will throw every single internally developed game onto a mega screen with a 5-10 minute gameplay demo. Halo, Forza, Rare, Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Quantum Break, etc. This will be the first MS conference that focuses a majority of it's efforts on first party tites.
Probable

6. Sony will be third party heavy, like a Microsoft Golden Era conference. People will ask - "Where are the exclusives?" Conference will be strong, excellent even- but will fall short to MS.
I don't really mind it. Just focus more on Japanese third parties.

7. Giocorsi's segment will be the best Japanese announcements of E3. Lunar 2 Eternal Blue, Yakuza 0, and classic untranslated SNES JRPG's will find their way to Vita.
The best part for sure.

8. Sony's conference will end on the release/pricing announcement of Morpheus alongside a PS4 price drop to $299. Most people will call this anticlimatic because they wanted the Last Guardian or God of War.
Not bad for those who want to pick a PS4.

9. Microsoft's conference will end on a cutscene of Black Tusk's Gears of War, most people will call this anticlimatic because they wanted in game footage.
I don't expect a gameplay footage but mostly a tease of what to come.

10. The same Dolan "Everything was ____" meme will somehow find recirculation.
Typical.

11. Adam Boyes will make an announcement that will break GAF.
[/QUOTE]
GAF? Dragon's Dogma 2 confirmed :p

i don't know if Gran Turismo 5 was announced at an E3 Show.

But iirc the Gran Turismo Games are selling mainly in Europe....Wouldn't it therefore be better, to announce this Game at the Gamscom or an special Gran Turismo Event in Europe (like GT6)

i know its Sony biggest Franchise...But still

Chobel

I mean, that's exactly what you posted. Not to mention a lot of those direct comparisons don't even make sense?

It's about the number of reveals/trailers and their impact in the media. For every entry in XB1 I choose a game(s) that should make similar buzz.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sony's E3 2009 was so damn good. Insane amount of exclusives. Hope they'll top that this year (they never did so far IMO).

2009 had my favorite moment when they announced FF14 and people were like OMG! and then "Online" showed up under the logo and the audience was super confused.

FF14 is the best FF in a while though, so it worked out!

While those are great titles. It's stuff we already know. Now I'm sure there will be surprised but I hope it's not like last year where we know the majority of the MS press conference beforehand

We didn't get any gameplay from Scalebound, Halo and Crackdown though, let alone whatever Rare is working. That's exciting to me. What else could MS surprise with?

2009 had my favorite moment when they announced FF14 and people were like OMG! and then "Online" showed up under the logo and the audience was super confused.

FF14 is the best FF in a while though, so it worked out!

I was recently reading through that thread again. Laughed pretty hard at the lord, 4 pages of WHAT FFXIV! MEGATOOOONNNNNNNN

Then a few pages later ...

ONLINE?!??
ONLINEEEEE?!?!
WHAT?!?!
OMG NOOO!!

lol, was hilarious. I'm sure the FFVII " remake " announcement at PSX had a similar 10 pages of OOOMMMGGG followed by 500 pages of SE YOU BASTARDS!

Boke1879

We didn't get any gameplay from Scalebound, Halo and Crackdown though, let alone whatever Rare is working. That's exciting to me. What else could MS surprise with?

I don't know. I'm excited for scale bound but I do kinda want to see a new IP. Kinda burnt out on the trifecta of Halo, Gears Forza ya know?

FluxWaveZ

It's about the number of reveals/trailers and their impact in the media. For every entry in XB1 I choose a game(s) that should make similar buzz.

The Last Guardian and Persona 5 would generate significantly more excitement than Scalebound and Crackdown 3, respectively. Battletoads would do the same, more than Tearaway Unfolded.

Just seems like weird comparisons. Overall, I don't see a lot of Microsoft's showings to appeal to me very much, even though they might have a "better" conference, going by how they did with their 2014 conference.

Also, in regards to Persona 5, I spotted this in Atlus USA's recent Instagram video:
CDxwqEZWIAAjhfJ.png:orig
Along with Atlus E3 2015 page, it at least means the game will be there in some capacity... even if it's just a poster.

ShinMaruku

Interesting predictions from some.

I have some things I'd like to predict but I need more info before I start doing so.

Until we are out of the cycle we are in can't really expect things too well. But Sony derisking games for some companies should lead you in more points to speculate.

Well I'm pretty excited. Star Ocean 5 was exciting.

I'm late to the party on JRPGs so I'm not sure what is worth getting excited about just yet. I just played Kingdom Hearts for the first time last year. I'll probably pay closer attention to it now based on your impressions.

Sony would be smart lowering the price of the PS4 to $299 even if it means no profits. Memberships for PSN Plus will counter that as will software sales. This move would be catastrophic to the Xbox One and Wii U. I'm not sure Sony wants to go there this soon after starting to make some money finally.

Chobel

That's subjective, don't you think?
There are some things which will be surely mind-blowing if they ever going to happen *cough* FFVII remake *cough*

People thought Star Ocean was dead after SO4's performance and that Tri-Ace were largely going to be stuck making cellphone games, then out of nowhere Star Ocean 5 pops up on the PS4/3 in Famitsu. How is that mindblowing?
I was talking about "lot more" stuff, not SF5.

Zedox

Since Microsoft won't only talk about Xbox One...and they'll talk about the Windows platform...I'm sure we'll get some news on PC gaming but I think they'll be showing off Hololens games (they won't reveal when...but that it's coming next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom