• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |Spoiler Thread| Thanos Dies in This

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are building to Steve picking it up when they are fighting Thanos. And goddamn what a moment that will be.

I'm hyped. I hope spiderman has a good costume, so far most MCU costumes had being on point. It took them a while to perfect Captain America's, so I hope they perfect Spideys on the first try.

Or just use Ben Reilly .

AoU Quicksilver > DoFP's

DoFP's felt god-like in that he actually has no weakness. He is magnitudes faster than a bullet and seemingly can't get tired while Pietro runs down the street and moves some people but is tired from it. Actually grounded the character more and made him more believable.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well Iron Patriot was created by AIM and Killian in IM3, makes sense they'd want to distance themselves from that after he tried to kill the president and all.

That and War Machine hates being Iron Patriot and only goes with it because he's told to. He's giddy when he can stop being it.

I didn't even noticed Iron Patriot wasn't there, I was just excited to see war machine.
Some Falcon would be nice though. I still work had preferred the guy in Iron Man 1 to still play war machine.

What happened to that guy?

Zaph

So, about Falcon. He was great in WS, but seeing him show up in this film without changes kinda made no sense (I know I'm over analysing this). During WS they're on the run with limited support, are grateful for any help, so his wingsuit makes sense - especially as the WS tore it apart to easily, highlighting its outdatedness and desperation. But now? If you dismantle one of Stark's discarded drones, you can probably make something way more useful for him that just a wingsuit. Why rebuild it as-is?

I think they are building to Steve picking it up when they are fighting Thanos. And goddamn what a moment that will be.

If I don't get a worthy cap climax in IW2, I'll be absolutely gutted.

Going into these films I knew barely anything about the character and just thought the name was dumb as hell, but Captain America has become the best part of the universe by far.

Gartooth

I am kind of disappointed that Ultron didn't have the encephalo ray to use in this movie, I thought that would've been the plot device for the team to see their visions rather than Scarlet Witch.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Anyone else disappointed by how little we saw of Widow's past when Scarlet Witch screws with her head? Julie Delpy barely had a cameo and we only see snippets of her past and we don't really know why it haunts her. It would have been cool if maybe we could have seen her commit atrocities described by Loki in the first film. Hell, you could have just spliced in the Red Room training scenes from Agent Carter and that would have sufficed. Hopefully we'll see an extended version of this in the directors cut.

Whispers. If he screamed he'd put a hole in the country.
As a certain character once said, not enough gun
3364191-0+(17).jpg
How unstoppable are we expecting MCU Thanos to be? Enough to tank Black Bolt?

Blader

They couldn't afford him as Downey was asking for more money. Allegedly.

Howard was asking for more money than Downey. That + Downey and Favreau didn't seem to like working with him made it an easy call for Marvel.

Anyone else disappointed by how little we saw of Widow's past when Scarlet Witch screws with her head? Julie Delpy barely had a cameo and we only see snippets of her past and we don't really know why it haunts her. It would have been cool if maybe we could have seen her commit atrocities described by Loki in the first film. Hell, you could have just spliced in the Red Room training scenes from Agent Carter and that would have sufficed. Hopefully we'll see an extended version of this in the directors cut.

There is no director's cut.

Some "Age"..Ultron was a radar blip in the Marvel movies for a whole weekend, maybe 4 days.

If you are going to name your movie that then he should have ruled shit for a while instead he shows up and tries to use some dirt country as an asteroid.

Gartooth

In Guardians, Korath tells Ronan that Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe.

I'm not hyped for Thanos at all. Ultron was such a huge let down that I don't trust Marvel to develop him well or make him actually threatening even if they have 2 movies to do it. Expecting a universe ending event like Infinity Gauntlet seems impossible since Ultron himself wasn't even allowed to kill a few civvies. (Loki had a higher bodycount!)

I still think Spader did a fantastic job with what he was given. I'd like to say that Marvel will try to bring him back in the future, but they treat their villains as incredibly disposable that it will be ~10 years from now at the earliest and even then they might not get Spader back. :/

I really struggle to see how IW2 will live up to the hype. They've talked about it being the film that brings "everything" in the MCU together. To me, anything less than seeing characters like Quake, Black Widow, Daredevil, and Black Panther fighting side-by-side would be a disappointment. I want to really see it all come together. All of it.

At that point Strange and Marvel would be in so there's still a chance

Wanda was severely under powered so I doubt Strange will be some over the top badass. He'll probably cast a few apparitions and fireballs and freeze some stuff. Captain Marvel will be strong but be as strong and effective as the Iron Man costume.

Wanda was severely under powered so I doubt Strange will be some over the top badass. He'll probably cast a few apparitions and fireballs and freeze some stuff. Captain Marvel will be strong but be as strong and effective as the Iron Man costume.

You do realize Wanda will get more powerful going forward, right? Hell, she got more powerful as the film went on. She's relatively new to getting control of what she can do.

You do realize Wanda will get more powerful going forward, right? Hell, she got more powerful as the film went on.

She didn't get more powerful as the film went on. She stayed at a consistent mind fuckery + telekinetic balls. She get angry and did an arcane explosion but that's just due to rage. o where did she get stronger.

She didn't get more powerful as the film went on. She stayed at a consistent mind fuckery + telekinetic balls. She get angry and did an arcane explosion but that's just due to rage. o where did she get stronger.

When she walked out of the house after the conversation with Hawkeye, she ripped apart the same bots she was struggling with earlier and made it look easy.

Game4life

Banned
Saw the movie last night. Thought it was just average. Nowhere close to the magic of the first one. I also thought the climax of Avengers 1 destroys the mess of a climax here. Every moment - from Banner turning into the hulk to the entire tracking shot, everything was perfect. There was nothing to rival those moments in this film and the final shot of all of them fighting together in slo mo in a circle seemed like a futile attempt to recreate that magic. Overall I feel Marvel needs to go back to the drawing board. Hopefully civil war will be more well written.

When she walked out of the house after the conversation with Hawkeye, she ripped apart the same bots she was struggling with earlier and made it look easy.

It was a badass "reveal". It's not like she had an epiphany and it unlocked her powers. She could always do this while not demonstrated in the movie, she obviously was able to use her powers with relative ease.

Ronin Ray

I have seen the Avengers fight two armies now at the end of each film which is cool but now I want to see them face off against a super villain team. Red Skull is still around somewhere, the abomination is still alive, you can say a piece of Ultron survived and build him up better , then you can bring in a strong being from one of the other realms. Shit bring back Sam Rockwell in a crazy armored suit. I just want to see this more then anything else. I really hope Thanos doesn't come in with a lame generic army. Just have him recruit everyone above to fight the avengers.

Kyne

It was a badass "reveal". It's not like she had an epiphany and it unlocked her powers. She could always do this while not demonstrated in the movie, she obviously was able to use her powers with relative ease.

Aye but then she completely obliterates them after her brother dies. That's the next level stuff.

Going by Olsen's interview on The Daily Show and how most of my friends' interpreted that scene, it was supposed to show that she had awakened more of her powers.

xaszatm

Banned
I really love the fact that the climax is a rescue mission. In fact, I love how in these movies, the heroes actually take time to be heroes. And don't think that repeatedly hitting the villain in the face is somehow a substitution for being a true hero.

And as for Ultron not being a threat, uh yeah he was. Notice how nothing short of Wanda destroying Ultron's core did anything to his Vibranium body. Even the combined beam power wasn't enough to kill Ultron. His sentries aren't much of a threat because they aren't made of that stuff.

Some "Age"..Ultron was a radar blip in the Marvel movies for a whole weekend, maybe 4 days.

If you are going to name your movie that then he should have ruled shit for a while instead he shows up and tries to use some dirt country as an asteroid.

He didn't want to rule, he wanted to reset the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom