• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron |Spoiler Thread| Thanos Dies in This

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love the fact that the climax is a rescue mission. In fact, I love how in these movies, the heroes actually take time to be heroes. And don't think that repeatedly hitting the villain in the face is somehow a substitution for being a true hero.

And as for Ultron not being a threat, uh yeah he was. Notice how nothing short of Wanda destroying Ultron's core did anything to his Vibranium body. Even the combined beam power wasn't enough to kill Ultron. His sentries aren't much of a threat because they aren't made of that stuff.
Just realized the poetic justice of Ultron telling Wanda how she'd tear about the Avengers from the inside and then that's how she kills him in the end. Tears out his core from within

Renekton

After reflecting on it, it seems like the writers and studio really tried to hold back Ultron from being too dark or violent. Too many jokes, poor motivation without getting into anything interesting, poor bodycount (I like how the team did try to save people, but there needed to be consequences for their actions) and was getting clowned in the final fight. I thought he was a fun character for what we got, but was too watered down and "family friendly". He posed a bigger threat in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes! lol
He was not deliberately nerfed to be less evil.

Remember he was modeled after Tony Stark's persona. So imagine a crazed Stark or Spader imitiating RDJ. He'd be blurring between serious evil mode and lighthearted, not respecting the weight of the moment, making mistakes and recovering, but still twisted.

Red

I wish we got to see how Ultron inhabiting the Internet affected the world. Really disappointing that all the info about his net powers arrives through exposition.

I still don't get how exactly he was created. I get that the staff was involved, but why does the interface click for Stark and not for Hydra? They were obviously building robot bodies for AI to control, and Ultron himself utilizes them when he escapes the Avengers tower. So how much is Tony to blame? How much of Ultron was Hydra's work on the stone? How much is the stone itself? Is Ultron a manifestation of whatever intelligent code is within the stone (like a celestial AI)? His introduction is cool but his origin remains unclear.

I also never understood his desire to see the Avengers fail. Is it meant to be opposed to Tony's desire to see the Avengers succeed? Ultron really drives the point that his plan is about the world seeing the Avengers try to fight but lose, as if that would make them responsible for whatever destruction ensues. I didn't get it. Like, if Thanos was somehow communicating or influencing him through the stone I could imagine it (as it's been shown that merely being around the staff twists people's minds). But I can't figure how he would develop that motivation on his own.

And as for Ultron not being a threat, uh yeah he was. Notice how nothing short of Wanda destroying Ultron's core did anything to his Vibranium body. Even the combined beam power wasn't enough to kill Ultron. His sentries aren't much of a threat because they aren't made of that stuff.

Ultron was a crazy robot with Teenage angst and Daddy issues. He almost killed what a billion people in one drop. What made Ultron most dangerous is ironically the thing people complained about. Up until the city, he avoided harming civilians. However, doing that made him more dangerous since he was able to develop a giant potentially world ending device that could have destroyed a significant amount of people. He was calculating not weak.

Ronin Ray

I really love the fact that the climax is a rescue mission. In fact, I love how in these movies, the heroes actually take time to be heroes. And don't think that repeatedly hitting the villain in the face is somehow a substitution for being a true hero.

Ultron didn't have a Vibranium body. He used it to make Vision

Anyone got a weird vibe between ultron and wanda? The way Ultron say "please don't" to Wanda when the twins want to backout from the plan? Ultron really sound he genuinely care for Wanda, where did that come from, or maybe that's just my imagination.

Aye but then she completely obliterates them after her brother dies. That's the next level stuff.
That's just an explosion of anger.

Going by Olsen's interview on The Daily Show and how most of my friends' interpreted that scene, it was supposed to show that she had awakened more of her powers.

It didn't occur in the movie. She comes out and shoots a telekinetic ball like she has always been doing. It's not like she was using some Barrage Death Beam from Dragon Ball Z.

Gartooth

Anyone got a weird vibe between ultron and wanda? The way Ultron say "please don't" to Wanda when the twins want to backout from the plan? Ultron really sound he genuinely care for Wanda, where did that come from, or maybe that's just my imagination.

I thought that was a nice touch. He did seem genuinely upset that he drove Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch away after Wanda saw Ultron's desires.

He didn't want to rule, he wanted to reset the planet.

not only that, he wanted to keep metal alive
ipgRxX5.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
I thought that was a nice touch. He did seem genuinely upset that he drove Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch away after Wanda saw Ultron's desires.

I think that was subtly suggesting they'd realised that Ultron was everything they feared Stark was. And Ultron realised it. Nice writing there.

xaszatm

Banned
Some "Age"..Ultron was a radar blip in the Marvel movies for a whole weekend, maybe 4 days.

If you are going to name your movie that then he should have ruled shit for a while instead he shows up and tries to use some dirt country as an asteroid.

The "age" is the end goal for Ultron, not the meat of the film. He wants to kill most of humanity then use the Vision Body to create a new age where he is the "evolved" species. So yeah, the age makes sense.

Ronin Ray

He used the vibranium to lift the city. I don't think vision is made of vibranium is he?

Yeah the doctor talked about how she was able to make the skin with the vibranium and how it was amazing and Ultron joked about how they used it to make a Frisbee ( caps shield)

rezuth

Vision cut off his access to the internet, without him doing that the dude is literally invincible.

It doesn't matter if an Avenger can fuck up his body because that doesn't matter to Ultron.

I get that but they just failed at making it have any big impact or overlooming danger. Just switch of the net and he is done, yay? So much for a super villain.

He killed quicksilver and didn't think much of him. It's Wanda that he somehow really cares for.

It just seemed like he didn't wanna lose his friends.

jmood88

I really hope that the rumors of an extended cut on Blu ray are true cause even though I really liked the movie, it was pretty obvious that a bunch of stuff was left out.

Where did Ultron get that telekinetic ability? He used it to pull Tony forward in the fight in Africa and fuck up the road while fighting on top of the truck. It seemed similar to Wanda's power

The 3D for this film was atrocious at my cinema. Not only was the picture far darker than usual but it was also fairly blurry. I'll be going back to see it before the run is over I'm sure but I was still fairly annoyed and let down by this.

kirblar

The 3D for this film was atrocious at my cinema. Not only was the picture far darker than usual but it was also fairly blurry. I'll be going back to see it before the run is over I'm sure but I was still fairly annoyed and let down by this.
3D for any film not specifically designed for it is a waste, imo.

rexor0717

I don't think Ultron really hated humans.He liked Pietro and Wanda and was genuinely disappointed when they turned against him. His plan to wipe out most humans and reshape society to his will was the only way he saw achieving peace. Its not that he thought he was the good guy, but I do believe that if his plan had succeeded, he wouldn't have tried to wipe out the rest of humanity.

I get that but they just failed at making it have any big impact or overlooming danger. Just switch of the net and he is done, yay? So much for a super villain.
Then there was only the small matter of stopping his extinction level attack which almost happened? and destroying every other body of his of which there were hundreds.

and then to harm his 'alpha' body he had to be attacked simultaneously by the three strongest Avengers.

rezuth

Always let them know. Walk out and tell them and they'll adjust it and rewind a bit. At least here in Sweden. Also you could probably get a free movie ticket by whining afterwards.

He was vibranium-ed before Sokovia end fight.

Tony mentioned he was puffed up from the Vibranium upgrade.

I think he only said that he was buffed, there was no mention of Vibranium.

dankir

All of these were missing from the film

14085_10155451911010702_3261243591193778064_n.jpg

I think the Vision opening his eyes was in one of Thor's visions for a split second but not like in the trailer.

And this too

11208667_10152978957596725_5287003483459273081_n.jpg

I don't think Ultron really hated humans.He liked Pietro and Wanda and was genuinely disappointed when they turned against him. His plan to wipe out most humans and reshape society to his will was the only way he saw achieving peace. Its not that he thought he was the good guy, but I do believe that if his plan had succeeded, he wouldn't have tried to wipe out the rest of humanity.

He was looking to create a survival scenario to weed out the weak and rebuild with the strong

Probably the more logic driven robot thing he had going for him at that point.

Gartooth

I really hope that the rumors of an extended cut on Blu ray are true cause even though I really liked the movie, it was pretty obvious that a bunch of stuff was left out.

Article on that Blu Ray rumor being false.

I would love an extended cut as well, but that article states that Feige and Whedon are adamant that the theatrical cut is for the best. Hate that about Marvel, I would love these kinds of things if it alleviates issues related to character development.

They did promise some deleted scenes though.

That shot of Tony flying with the Hulkbuster parts was definitely in it. I remember because i was disappointed you didn't see it "suit up" beyond that quick shot from the trailer.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All of these were missing from the film

14085_10155451911010702_3261243591193778064_n.jpg

I think the Vision opening his eyes was in one of Thor's visions for a split second but not like in the trailer.

And this too

11208667_10152978957596725_5287003483459273081_n.jpg

pretty sure the iron man shot was in there but otherwise you're right

That shot of Tony flying with the Hulkbuster parts was definitely in it. I remember because i was disappointed you didn't see it "suit up" beyond that quick shot from the trailer.
I dont recall that. Pretty sure it went Satellite release > Hulk wrecking stuff > cage coming down > Hulk breaks out > Tony suiting up in Hulkbuster

ash_ag

I would love an extended cut as well, but that article states that Feige and Whedon are adamant that the theatrical cut is for the best. Hate that about Marvel, I would love these kinds of things if it alleviates issues related to character development.

The Avengers Blu-ray included about half an hour of deleted scenes. Granted, it's not quite the same as making a new cut that includes them in the movie's flaw, but if additional scenes with plot relevance were shot (like scenes that disambiguate Quicksilver's fate), they are very likely going to be included on the home release.

DeathyBoy

Banned

They did promise some deleted scenes though.

I can see their logic - if something like Cap in ice is cut from Incredible Hulk, it's not considered continuity. Extended cuts can blur that a little, and they don't want to step on anyone's toes for future stuff. Like Loki may have fit here, but perhaps they realised while working on Thor 3 that Thor/Loki interacting undermines that story a tad.

I dont recall that. Pretty sure it went Satellite release > Hulk wrecking stuff > cage coming down > Hulk breaks out > Tony suiting up in Hulkbuster

It is there. Veronica comes down from the satellite and you see the pieces flying behind Tony in that shot, then the moment where part of the cage lands in front of Hulk before he hits the human happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom