• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

kingwingin

So day 1 patch is live now, decent sized download.

Where do you live? Just wondering from where size difference between PC and PS4 comes from, or PC version is still compressed.
canada. Now that I check it again I'm getting the pre preload size of 9.5 gigs but I'm pretty sure it was a smidge under 31

Gurish

Guys i want to buy this so bad but Batman is coming out in a month and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish this game until than, and i have to buy Batman day 1. Anyone else with this dilema?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Guys i want to buy this so bad but Batman is coming out in a month and I'm not sure I'll be able to finish this game until than, and i have to buy Batman day 1. Anyone else with this dilema?
Yeah. I'm just saying fuck it and getting them both anyways despite my backlog being huge enough as it is.

Why couldn't they just make the trees transparent instead of making them warp in and out of existence?

Does Witcher 3 support 1st person view?

That stuff in the gif should only happen in 1st person modes, to prevent the objects like trees or walls from "pushing up against the camera".

Here, it's happening in 3rd person mode, which is oddly disconcerting. But I imagine a patch can easily tweak this.

Liamc723

You know how DA:I had those dragons that were tough to kill, does The Witcher 3 have similar enemies that are really hard to kill? Like level 50-60 enemies spread throughout the world?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Please post what is written in update history.

Version 1.01

Following features are added:
Major changes:
- Support for DLCs
- Multiple stability issues fixed
- Overall performance improvements

Quests and game:
- Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
- Journal objective fixes
- Quest mapping fixes
- Dialogue flag fixes
- Quest balancing issues
- Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:
- Boat behavior
- AI improvements
- NPC spawn strategy improvements
- Combat balancing
- UI optimizations

Tovarisc

I remember hearing that the game was bigger than this? Like almost 50 gigs.

European download will be larger by some margin because PSN has this way of forcing you to download all localization files, but not sure it will shoot up to 50GB. On PC game is currently sitting at 25GB with English localization pack.

You know how DA:I had those dragons that were tough to kill, does The Witcher 3 have similar enemies that are really hard to kill? Like level 50-60 enemies spread throughout the world?
I heard it actually does, you'll come across random encounters during side quests with unique and really high level monsters.

bombshell

Version 1.01

Major changes:
- Support for DLCs

Quests and game:
- Quest mapping fixes
- Dialogue flag fixes
- Quest balancing issues

Gameplay systems:
- Boat behavior
- AI improvements
- Combat balancing
- UI optimizations

Thank you.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Version 1.01

Major changes:
- Support for DLCs

Quests and game:
- Quest mapping fixes
- Dialogue flag fixes
- Quest balancing issues

Gameplay systems:
- Boat behavior
- AI improvements
- Combat balancing
- UI optimizations
Cool

Notice any improvements?

Cotrip

Street date broken in Brazil, there's one store already selling:

tqQZO9.jpg

To everyone who is getting an error on PS4,here is a fix: Go to the PS Store and download a demo that is not in your library. Now go back to your library and hit download on Witcher 3, should work now.

I wonder if this game has been pre-patched to properly utilize AF. I don't know much about the issue, but there was this thread on the PS4's AF issues, and the before/after can be pretty drastic for the textures:

Tried to recreate the shots as close as I could.

Before:
ivgOrFuNIOVSL.jpg

After:
ifJVHFnKHLZkf.jpg

Honestly made a much bigger difference than I expected and performance is exactly the same. IQ is really crisp now. Hopefully we see it in most games from now on.

Street date broken in Brazil, there's one store already selling:

tqQZO9.jpg

Wish I could play today. Suppose I should get back to my Witcher 2 playthrough in the meantime though. When wil the US ever break street date all around and say F it like all the other countries do lol

Top Bottom