• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 PS4 gameplay

golem

Wish I could play today. Suppose I should get back to my Witcher 2 playthrough in the meantime though. When wil the US ever break street date all around and say F it like all the other countries do lol

Local mom and pop stores break street dates all the time in the US, if youre lucky enough to have an option other than Gamestop or Walmart in your town.

Has anyone ever tried after a preload is done to disable the network connection then manually set the date on your PS4 to the release day? That would be hilarious if that worked. Im sure it doesnt. I just want to play it now.

Tovarisc

Wish I could play today. Suppose I should get back to my Witcher 2 playthrough in the meantime though. When wil the US ever break street date all around and say F it like all the other countries do lol

When will GOG break street date and "accidentally" unlock game early...

drotahorror

To everyone who is getting an error on PS4,here is a fix: Go to the PS Store and download a demo that is not in your library. Now go back to your library and hit download on Witcher 3, should work now.

Thank you!

Just a heads up for UK buyers, the hardcover Prima guide has been reduced from £19.99 to £13.59. Just switched my pre-order from the paperback to that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0804162980/

$23 for NA. Went ahead and picked it up. I think this is the first guide I've bought since Mortal Kombat 3. I don't plan on using it much, just as a collectible. Comes with a bunch of other freebies too it seems.

d9b

Banned
Street date broken in Brazil, there's one store already selling:

tqQZO9.jpg
CDPR should just open the floodgates and release the game at this point.

idonteven

yesterday i was playing on 01.00 and today it updated to 01.01,i had some framerate dips yesterday but not today.I dont know if thats because i am in a diff area or just me thinking its better...

Sanctuary

31 GB is a whole lot nicer than the 60 we were hearing about. I should be done by the middle of the night or so.

Actually, the only nice thing about that is that it will take up less space on your console drive and be finished downloading in half of the time. Aside from that, I don't understand how you can't see that's far worse in every possible way.

Hell, Bloodborne was right at 30gb.

d9b

Banned
Because a few people have he game early? Lol. No.

There's no reason to break he street date.
There's every reason to break the street date. I want to play this game now!,,,
You guys can't take a joke or read between the lines anymore? Emotions running high, lol.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
ps4

oh and hair has a permanent wind effect even when indoors so thats kinda weird

Are you sure about that? One of the youtubers or so said the same thing until they looked around the house and saw that there were some gaps in the roof, open windows and stuff where the wind comes from.

Speaking of wind, I don't mind the trees and bushes bending with the wind, but are there calm moments where they don't bend?

Got the game yesterday. Have a hard depression and I wanted to play the game to not give a fuck about anything.

During the night 450mb patch downloaded but I played the game and didn't install it, so I dunno what it does.

Started playing around 9PM, ended in 5AM to get a few hours of sleep before work.

The biggest complaint so far is just wooden feel of many animations. I can't even describe it - but many of you will notice that. After polishness of Bloodborne seeing some W3 stuff just makes me roll my eyes.

Combat feels a bit off too - but Im only lvl 6 and have like nothing upgraded. I remember not liking W2 combat for first 8 hours too. Then again after some Bloodborne combat feels a bit weak.

Biggest technical issue so far - many cutscenes feel like they are in alpha-stages or something straight from MMOs. For example characters stay in their places for a glimpse and then they act a cutscene out. Just feels a little like unpolished bits.

And yeah - in all the other stuff the game is just GREAT. Personally, I would not give it a 10 out of 10, but it's one of the best games of a few years.

Feel free to ask any questions away. i'm not a good storyteller, but I would share my observations .

Got the game yesterday. Have a hard depression and I wanted to play the game to not give a fuck about anything.

During the night 450mb patch downloaded but I played the game and didn't install it, so I dunno what it does.

Started playing around 9PM, ended in 5AM to get a few hours of sleep before work.

The biggest complaint so far is just wooden feel of many animations. I can't even describe it - but many of you will notice that. After polishness of Bloodborne seeing some W3 stuff just makes me roll my eyes.

Combat feels a bit off too - but Im only lvl 6 and have like nothing upgraded. I remember not liking W2 combat for first 8 hours too. Then again after some Bloodborne combat feels a bit weak.

Biggest technical issue so far - many cutscenes feel like they are in alpha-stages or something straight from MMOs. For example characters stay in their places for a glimpse and then they act a cutscene out. Just feels a little like unpolished bits.

And yeah - in all the other stuff the game is just GREAT. Personally, I would not give it a 10 out of 10, but it's one of the best games of a few years.

Feel free to ask any questions away. i'm not a good storyteller, but I would share my observations .

Thanks for this. Yeah, animations have seemed a bit wooden to me in videos, definitely better than Dragon Age, but not up to the standard of FFXV.

What are your impressions on the visuals overall?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
why is there so much wind in this game?

trees/bushes/grass are constantly blowing like mad. and the hair is always blowing too? wtf.

valkyre

why is there so much wind in this game?

trees/bushes/grass are constantly blowing like mad. and the hair is always blowing too? wtf.

I mentioned in one of my other posts this as well. The wind is pretty ridiculous in the game , quite a bit exaggerated lol. And yes I have been to england and Scotland. It is windy, but it not normal for 30 feet tall trees to behave all the time as if there is a hurricane taking place :D

d9b

Banned

.. .
Well, please come back, it would be interesting to see if you'll notice any changes after you install the patch.

Top Bottom