• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 ODST codes are currently being sent out

jesu

The Destiny Easter Egg in Halo 3: ODST was removed.

nFQ6Hkr.jpg

That's petty as fuck.

Changing to the US store doesn't fix the download you already have but redownloading seems to work, i'm not at 100% yet but it sounds like it should be fine.

The xbox OS sees the UK and US odst as completely different instances, so delete the UK version if you start downloading from the US.

CRAIG667

As others have mentioned, try canceling download and starting again. Not sure what's up, may be unrelated issue.

Well, I tried that but now I have no way to re download as the code is already used and it's not showing up in my 'ready to install' list.

Why do they make these things so complicated!?

As others have mentioned, try canceling download and starting again. Not sure what's up, may be unrelated issue.

Well, I tried that but now I have no way to re download as the code is already used and it's not showing up in my 'ready to install' list.

Simply go in "manage game" of halo MCC then ODST should be here.

FyreWulff

The Destiny Easter Egg in Halo 3: ODST was removed.

nFQ6Hkr.jpg

for comparison for those posters here that didn't play the game back in 2009, which is quite possible since someone pre-high school when ODST came out would be graduated and of the age for an M rating now:

2282580-ReachDestiny_71871_screen.jpg

Akai__

Go to MCC -> Press Start -> Manage Game. You will see ODST there. -> Delete it -> Change location to US -> Reboot console -> Go to MCC Manage Game again and download again.

I'm in no hurry to play Odst, so I won't re download or change my region so I can report on whether the issue is fixed by something on the UK store.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do I reinstall? Got the 100% error so I uninstalled it, launched Halo and updated, now I want to redownload but can't find it. The code says it has already been redeemed, and it doesn't show up in my list of games ready to install, and 'manage game' for halo just shows 'uninstall all'

Edit: ok, it popped up on the manage halo screen after I left it for a minute. Trying a reinstall now

my odst reached 100% then went installation stopped, and while doing that it was dling a patch for the MCC which once it hit 89% has slowed down dramatically

Madness

Where do I find ODST? I clicked redeem code from messages, it said congratulations you now own ODST, and that's it. I open MCC up, it says download ODST, would you like to go to marketplace, I go there, there is only the cowbell skull bundle only add-on thing. Nothing else. Is it not up in Canada or what?

Glass

Whats the big deal with the Destiny change? It made sense for it to be there originally as an easter egg of sorts, now the game is a massively successful fully fledged tangible product it'd basically be a poster for another game.

The_Decryptor

Neo Member
So the MCC update is going very, very slowly for me. 1% to 4% over the span of 2 hours. 2 more days and it should be ready to download ODST.

That's petty as fuck.

Destiny's not theirs, they couldn't include a reference to it.

Same reason the Marathon logos got taken out of the Anniversary remakes.

Where do I find ODST? I clicked redeem code from messages, it said congratulations you now own ODST, and that's it. I open MCC up, it says download ODST, would you like to go to marketplace, I go there, there is only the cowbell skull bundle only add-on thing. Nothing else. Is it not up in Canada or what?

Go to games hub. Press start on MCC. Manage game. Download it from there.

CRAIG667

Go to MCC -> Press Start -> Manage Game. You will see ODST there. -> Delete it -> Change location to US -> Reboot console -> Go to MCC Manage Game again and download again.

Yup did that, and did it again to be sure, just takes me to a link to download the boom skull pre order bonus.

sad face.

I'm confused, I thought this was for everyone who has the MCC? I was really looking forward to playing this but I didn't get MCC until after Dec 19th :(

Edit: Nvm lol see that I can get it for $4.99. Crisis averted :)

I'm confused, I thought this was for everyone who has the MCC? I was really looking forward to playing this but I didn't get MCC until after Dec 19th :(

It's free for those who played it before 19th. $5 for everyone else. Should be available for purchase soon-ish, probably next week.

Akai__

OK, it seems to be working, go to games and apps>games>halo mcc>press menu/start>manage game>on the right hand side odst awaits
(I'm in the UK using US store)

That's exactly what I was telling you. Would be pretty weird, if it just disappeared.

No, unfortunately only the Map Relic/Remnant is free for everyone. ODST was always behind that locked date. It will be 5$ for everyone else.

Blue Ninja please stop beating me. Play the game! lol :p

Madness

Edit: Nvm lol see that I can get it for $4.99. Crisis averted :)

Still an amazing price. The game is literally free with bundles now, and was down as much as half price in sales near Christmas time. Those of us who bought at launch, got screwed out of nearly 70+ dollars. I'd never have bought my Xbox one if I knew MCC would be this bad, and instead would have waited to get the white bundle, free MCC and then buy this for $5 dollars.

Chris1

Was a little salty when I read they're keeping the 19th december cutoff date, but for $5 I can hardly complain. Was expecting at least $15.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
Uninstalled the UK version and changed my location to the US and went to manage halo mcc amd it shows the 8.1 US version, downloading now.

mcrommert

Banned
It's not petty, it's their new IP, published by a new company. It's respectful and simple legal stuff.

Me neither.

This...legally a lot of times these kind of rereleases can be very complicated even if the company doing them owns everything (halo, the studio, etc)

I know we don't like giving 343i the benefit of the doubt around here, but lets be a little less likely to jump to conclusions

EDIT: on top of that they got it out in May but we still complained it was delayed...wtf Neogaf

CRAIG667

That's exactly what I was telling you. Would be pretty weird, if it just disappeared.

Sorry, I was reading as if you meant launch the game. Thanks for the help!

No, unfortunately only the Map Relic/Remnant is free for everyone. ODST was always behind that locked date. It will be 5$ for everyone else.

Blue Ninja please stop beating me. Play the game! lol :p

so, I redeemed the code, launched MCC, it asked for a 3GB update, it got updated and there's no track of ODST :\

edit: nvm, I managed the MCC content and I saw the ODST package ready to be downloaded/installed, I just hope it gets installed easily..

RyudBoy

Downloaded ODST

Download finished

Opened MCC

Prompted to download 2.4gb patch

Downloaded patch

Opened MCC again

Looked for ODST, no where to be found

I don't know whether to LOL or just sigh as it was totally expected. Oh 343...

Downloaded ODST

Download finished

Opened MCC

Downloaded patch

Opened MCC again

Game is under Halo 3 campaign. where it should be.

Downloaded ODST

Download finished

Opened MCC

Downloaded patch

Opened MCC again

Did you check Halo 3? It's in there.

Saiyan-Rox

Man downloading this and the update in general reminds me why I hate the Xbone patching/downloading system as a whole.

It just seems so damn messy.

Same here. Servers must be under heavy load or something. 1% in the last ~ 30 minutes.

If my recent downloads are any indication, that 1% will eventually jump to a much higher percentage instantly at some point. There seems to be a glitch but it's very likely downloading normally in the background.

Akai__

No problem.

so, I redeemed the code, launched MCC, it asked for a 3GB update, it got updated and there's no track of ODST :\

The 3GB patch is the CU for the MCC. You will find ODST under: Games and Apps -> MCC -> Manage Game.

If my recent downloads are any indication, that 1% will eventually jump to a much higher percentage instantly at some point. There seems to be a glitch but it's very likely still downloading.

I had a jump from 4% to 24%, but now I downloaded 15% in almost 2 hours. The last 30 minutes it jumped by 1%.

Top Bottom