• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Warzone summary:
BTB PvP on steroids +
Invasion style progression of sandbox +
Dominion bases +
Destiny PvE with bosses +
Halo 4 style JiP +
Titanfall burn cards +
Titanfall/SPOPS AI

Shit what's not to like? Random tidbit: Battlefront looks amazing, must also have.

For whatever reason the video turned me off Battlefront, actually. It seems massive but... more empty than its predecessors, at the same time? I dunno, it just left me weirdly unmoved.

Might just be that I've got lock-in games I want to play and not enough time for others, and so there was nothing it could really do for me anyhow.

For whatever reason the video turned me off Battlefront, actually. It seems massive but... more empty than its predecessors, at the same time? I dunno, it just left me weirdly unmoved.

Might just be that I've got lock-in games I want to play and not enough time for others, and so there was nothing it could really do for me anyhow.

Doesn't help the map count blows and previous game features were gutted.

As Karl said, teams of twelve against randoms will be absolutely brutal. Can't wait to see the first triple digit neg bomb.

RE: Forge

Now DLC is free it no longer has a justification for its limitations.

FyreWulff

Seeing as how Fallout and Doom are allowing cross-platform mods for the One, hopefully eventually there will be a way to just build Halo maps on PC and transfer them over to Halo 5.

Akai__

If there were a hypothetical special edition Halo 5 Console bundle coming out, would that be revealed this week too?

That was already confirmed. Nothing hypothetical about it. Question is, if they are going to reveal it now or at PAX, like the Halo 4 one.

I haven't been playing Star Wars games for years so I'm naturally more easily hyped to play the latest series entry that piqued my interest. I did the same with the AC series, the pirate adventures of Black Flag sucked me in and I think I enjoyed the game more without having played the earlier games.

I'm never like that with Halo though, every game every time.

As Karl said, teams of twelve against randoms will be absolutely brutal. Can't wait to see the first triple digit neg bomb.

The beauty of the Titanfall model is now Randall will feel useful killing grunts and not quit out right away.

"I did pretty great! I was only killed by enemy players, and look how many hunters I got!"

One new vehicle
Phaeton, thanks

One new gun
Plasma Caster

Returning vehicles
Banshee
Hog
Scorpion
Ghost
Mantis

Newly confirmed returnees/shown in game
Splaser
Plas Pistol
Prometh Suppressor and pistol
Carbine
Needler
SAW

Hope there are more new guns/vehicles announced tomorrow.

One new vehicle
"Fation" or something.

One new gun
Plasma Caster

Returning vehicles
Banshee
Hog
Scorpion
Ghost
Mantis

Splaser
Plas Pistol
Carbine
Needler
SAW

The Forerunner flyer is called the Phaeton. We'll definitely be getting oodles of impressions/footage throughout the week, but I suspect that the vehicles we've seen thus far are all we're gonna get for now.

One new vehicle
"Fation" or something.

One new gun
Plasma Caster

Returning vehicles
Banshee
Hog
Scorpion
Ghost
Mantis

Splaser
Plas Pistol
Carbine
Needler
SAW

The Railgun was leaked as well

Really like this Promethean design
Ha0P4BU.jpg

Ampoc

Neo Member
Anyone notice the music in the vidoc starts to actually sound like newer variations of classic Halo themes? Man, I'm so glad they're leaning against the original Halo soundtrack again.

Anyone notice the music in the vidoc starts to actually sound like newer variations of classic Halo themes? Man, I'm so glad they're leaning against the original Halo soundtrack again.
I heard the original theme in there, in all of its glory. Frankie, can you tell us that the rendition we heard in there is for Halo 5 so i can have some peace of mind?

Madness

Same, plus the GI article said that for Chief, his music is using older themes. I like the music much better than Halo 4 already. Watching the Warzone ViDoc. Seems this will easily be one of the most played modes right away. Especially if they promote it better than Bungie promoted Invasion.

daedalius

Vidoc of warzone available somewhere?

nvm; found it. Looks pretty rad. Will definitely be the go-to mode when friends aren't around for arena/btb

Omni

Warzone sounds interesting.

The unlock system sounds like a mess though. I understand that you need to contribute in the match to call in ordnance or whatever. Which makes sense... But it seems what you can choose to call in is based on cards that have randomly dropped for you?

Madness

The unlock system sounds like a mess though. I understand that you need to contribute in the match to call in ordnance or whatever. Which makes sense... But it seems what you can choose to call in is based on cards that have randomly dropped for you?

Yeah, even playing Arena will award you packs.

Sort of? You get packs from playing the game, which sound like they have random things in them, but I assume you pick which cards you want in your stash before the match.

Anyone want to do trials of osiris in destiny with me? I'd like to try to get 9-0 eventually. I'd also rather play with halogaf since the destiny thread is impossible to follow and all ps4.

Omni

Sort of? You get packs from playing the game, which sound like they have random things in them, but I assume you pick which cards you want in your stash before the match.

Hmm. Destiny has made it so that I worry whenever I think of RNG rewards, haha. I can just imagine games being lopsided because one team got lucky at some point and can call in things like the Mantis while I'm stuck with a Warthog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom