• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorakai

I really hope they look beyond Japan and understand why the game was a big hit in the West. It would be a shame to have that sort of feedback absent from the development process. Even take into account some of the nice quirks of the dumb translation, too.

Some people want them to keep the original ATB. Others want them to update the gameplay a lot. But what about the end? They keep the end, right? I loved how MGS4 ended the game with the classic scenario from MGS1. This short scene at the end needs to remain intact, I feel.

final-fantasy-7-showdown.jpg

Hopefully at one point in the game Cloud falls asleep, and you play the original Final Fantasy VII for a few minutes, like how you played the PSX MGS in MGS4.

bgbball31

I really hope they look beyond Japan and understand why the game was a big hit in the West. It would be a shame to have that sort of feedback absent from the development process. Even take into account some of the nice quirks of the dumb translation, too.

Let's mosey needs to stay. This guy are sick can go though.

anaron

Indeed it was, Nomura was the director correct? Didn't he made the decision to kill off Aeris in a non dramatic fashion? Saying it was more realistic. He did a 180 with the Zack death being all overdramatic.
Nomura suggested killing off a character but he didn't handle it nor was he the game's director.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I started a big FFVII OST ranking topic on one of the other boards I frequent a few weeks back but dropped it midway.

I need to restart that thing, it was fun. VII OST is so, so good.

anaron

I started a big FFVII OST ranking topic on one of the other boards I frequent a few weeks back but dropped it midway.

I need to restart that thing, it was fun. VII OST is so, so good.
it really, really is.

the amount of perfect melodies and melancholy that seizes so many of the tracks is outstanding

Meowster

I don't know why people say Sephiroth is controlling Jenova. I don't recall the game ever explicitly stating it or heavily implying it.
IMHO it's a mutually parasitic relationship where they leech off of each other for power. Sephiroth is using Jenova and Jenova is using Sephiroth.

Verendus

Banned
Everyone sleeping on FFXV.

Boy are you all going to feel foolish when you realise that not only is it a bigger game than the FF7 Remake, it's a better game.

Biggest, and best selling Finale Fantasy ever. Tabata era. Bahamut represent. Balee dat.

Boy are you all going to feel foolish when you realise that not only is it a bigger game than the FF7 Remake, it's a better game.

Biggest, and best selling Finale Fantasy ever. Tabata era. Bahamut represent. Balee dat.

681564.gif

I haven't paid attention to that game AT ALL. Maybe it's time.

Bahamut Zero > Bahamut.

Therefore FFVII > FFXV.

Meowster

dskljhgsd I can't handle these constant teases. You have my trust.

oldladyhelp.gif

FranXico

Must feel great to SE, knowing that the biggest competitor to FFXV is FFVIIR.

Nah, I'm looking forward to FFXV. I was quite pleased with the demo.

Verendus

Banned
Bananafactory, can you edit my quote to include "Tabata era" please? You caught it too quick.

I feel that's really important to have in there, since it conveys a lot of meaning. Not having it is like not having the underwater sections in FF7. Sure, you could do without it, but the essence is lost.

Bananafactory, can you edit my quote to include "Tabata era" please? You caught it too quick.

I feel that's really important to have in there, since it conveys a lot of meaning. Not having it is like not having the underwater sections in FF7. Sure, you could do without it, but the essence is lost.

Only because you honoured your avatar bet.

Verendus

Banned
Only because you honoured your avatar bet.
Thank you, I knew you would do the right thing.

I took the L this time as a mercy since a lot of good things are happening. Restoring balance and all that. And since I intend on fully screwing you all over heavily in due time when I get the chance.

That's the WWF way. The swerve as it's called, also known as The Rock method. Act 1, Act 2, and then we have the finale in Act 3.

z1ggy

I hope all of this helps Japan get on track again.

Here watch the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_SgvAb8W9M

He goes off and kills a couple soldiers then hurries back to Clouds side. As he's getting ready to grab Cloud, he's caught off guard and shot. Then they go up to him and fire into him multiple times.

It's also weird they gave Cloud the same outfit as Zack in CC when in the original scene Cloud doesn't have the two shoulder pads like Zack and Zack is wearing a darker purple.

Edit: Ugh even watching the CC ending right now, everything is so dramatically done. Clouds staring into the sky while there's a beam of light, the music, the ridiculous amount of soldiers. Awful.
It certainly was overly dramatic, but that was almost a decade ago. I think directors have enough chops now to make the scene even more powerful.

Go_Ly_Dow

I keep telling people they're underestimating the scale of XV and what it's gonna offer.

Duscae beta test has blinded everyone!

Watching the Luminous tech demo's too I can't see FF7 remake doing the same stuff with UE4 either which is a shame :(

I might be wrong tho and hope I am!

Wazzy

Banned
Some people want them to keep the original ATB. Others want them to update the gameplay a lot. But what about the end? They keep the end, right? I loved how MGS4 ended the game with the classic scenario from MGS1. This short scene at the end needs to remain intact, I feel.

This scene is so damn good. The Cloud model being more detailed and the way it plays out is so memorable.

Is there a single bad track in that game?

Personally, I think there's actually quite a few mediocore tracks in the OST. But as I've said before, the OST works so well within the game it kind of excuses them.

I think VII's OST is a bit weaker than VIII and X but I will not deny the fantastic way it's used in the game. It puts it up there with these games OST's because it's works so well.

It's amazing seeing people react to FF7. You have alot of older people, you have young adults, and I've even seen some reactions of kids who couldn't possibly been alive when FF7 came out, through osmosis they've just learned about it.

FF7 is something. It may get flak, some people may not be as excited, but there's something about the game that has resonated through video game history. Alot of people will stay it's the best RPG ever released, and they're not exactly wrong, at the time it came out it was something else. So you have all these people reacting, those who may have only seen Cloud through Kingdom Hearts or through Dissidia, but they've probably heard about how great FF7 is and how it was the bst.

It's definitely something.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

Oh, there's definitely something very, very big in Duscae that has me at DEFCON: GODHYPE. Bahamut is going to rock my socks off.

I see.

I'm for the original death regardless. I am also for more transparency because sometimes it's hard to tell who is talking to Cloud in his head.

Emerald Weapon PLS

Lulubop

Dun look like a better game to me breh.

Edit: I'm not crazy about Barrett's theme, especially for a character theme but whatever.

I really like the idea of ripping off MGS4 and having Cloud dreaming of PS1-era FFVII.

Also, I felt really nostalgic, so I played the original again.

The French translation is so horrible, between the typos and sentences that do not make ANY sense, I wonder how I even understood what was going on when I was 9. I don't know how was the English translation but it can't be worse than the French one lol.
However, strangely enough the French version does not have the "Attack while its tail is up" mistake in it,

Really, the thing I'm probably looking for the most is for the remake to make sense.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

There's no way this won't be in. It will be interesting to see how it's done if there's no ATB, though.

I don't know why people say Sephiroth is controlling Jenova. I don't recall the game ever explicitly stating it or heavily implying it.

I know right, the game implies he steals Jenova's corpse, and as you chase him he drops bits of the corpse behind which turn into the various bossfights. And the final boss fight with Jenova is the head,

CGwizz

3 things i want to say :

Sorry for stop believing in Verendus, but blame the troll move at psx.

Other is, now that we saw the trailer will they make cloud outfit 100 % equal to ff7 or this is just a teaser and they change it to advent children style? As much i like the old one , the advent children outfit is way cool.

The final one is, can we expect leviathan scene in FF 15 or they deleted it too?

Now i go watch will search a crisis core lets play to see the story, bye !!!

3 things i want to say :

Sorry for stop believing in Verendus, but blame the troll move at psx.

Other is, now that we saw the trailer will they make cloud outfit 100 % equal to ff7 or this is just a teaser and they change it to advent children style? As much i like the old one , the advent children outfit is way cool.

The final one is, can we expect leviathan scene in FF 15 or they deleted it too?

Now i go watch will search a crisis core lets play to see the story, bye !!!

I think this trailer is the real deal. I mean, it's made using CGs from the actual game I guess.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I don't think so. I think some characters might be a bit AC influenced but not the full outfits. I think Cloud in AC looks worse anyway, so fine with me.

Everyone else looks better, though.

Two Words

but you can lol

Sephirot is controlling Jenova

I could have sworn there is an eventual "No turning back now" point in FFVII.

And the game is ambiguous on who is controlling who or if either one of them is controlled. I'd like to think Jenova is simply down with Sephiroth's plan.

SOLDIER

About time someone drew a fanart based on Remake hype that wasn't insanely NSFW:

zEB0B4P.jpg

Really hope we get a look like this for Remake.

Toth

IMHO it's a mutually parasitic relationship where they leech off of each other for power. Sephiroth is using Jenova and Jenova is using Sephiroth.

I think one can argue that JENOVA is the true, pure enemy of FF7 but perhaps Sephiroth can almost be considered...dare I say..an evolution of JENOVA?

HORRORSHØW

i guess ff7r is coming to x1?
i would be shocked if FF7:R isn't pimped to every platform under the sun. it's too huge to lock it down on a couple of platforms. so don't worry about wanting to play it on the xbo. you're just going to have to wait a little, i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom