• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater Resurrection (Vita/PS4) announced in Dengeki PlayStation

Ryan95

Guaranteed it's going to sell more on Vita in Japan. Rage Burst PS4 already happened, so it's doubtful they'd just abandon that (small) existing audience. Sony probably incentivized it too.

And considering PS4 install base, the PS4+Vita combo should give the most profit if they want to bring the game in the West, while the Vita version still grants good sales in Japan as well

crinale

GE 1, so far. Probably includes the Burst stuff.

It's been said that GE:Re does not include protagonist from Anime. It actually makes sense because in game protag is supposed to be your avatar (just like any other type of this game).

Khort

Hopefully it will be localized!

I played a bit of GE1 on PSP and really enjoyed it (awesome intro music for Burst! https://youtu.be/hInkEnyMS_s?t=21 )... Problem was, it was 2.5 years ago and was used to the Vita display.

I tried the JP demo of GE2 but with my limited japanese it was very hard to follow. I know it is the opposite but it felt like a copy of freedom wars: Monster Hunter Game with an anime style story

crinale

God Eater
6Y2UVzO.jpg

God Eater 2

God Eater Re

Ryan95

After seeing how it looks, it's even more difficult to decide if I shoud take GEB now that is on sale or wait and hope the remake comes here. I'll probably opt for the second choice, just to give myslef time to complete other titles of my backlog

Priz

I have the first game on my Vita but haven't made much progress. Too many other games... I also downloaded the GE2:RB demo for PS4 off JP PSN but only spent a few minutes with it.

I did make some good progress in Toukiden (not Kiwami) but stopped due to being busy. Did get my copy signed by one of the voice actresses, though!

Also started playing some Monster Hunter 4U but stopped for now. I'm currently stuck in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and I had picked up Bloodbourne recently and regret it as it's such a timesuck having to redo all your progress from the previous save point, I think I might stop and try to play more of these Hunter games instead.

Would love to pick up an English Vita and/or PS4 version of GER AND GE2:RB. I hope/wish these games would have cross save implemented as I love that feature.

Not to derail, but has any of the streaming services (Crunchyroll, Funimation) announced picking up the God Eater anime for streaming? I'm eagerly awaiting watching it. :)

crinale

Niconico stream showed gameplay. It looked good as expected but stream quality itself is as usual also, so it's better to wait for proper trailer I guess.
And release date is set to 29th, Oct.

Niconico stream showed gameplay. It looked good as expected but stream quality itself is as usual also, so it's better to wait for proper trailer I guess.
And release date is set to 29th, Oct.

Should probably delay the anime too, tbh.

Ufotable hasn't even completed episode 1 few weeks back wtf.

Rymuth

New surprise planned for the series 5th anniversary!

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/07/god-eater-developer-would-like-to-surprise-fans-for-the-series-5th-anniversary/

“We’re developing God Eater: Resurrection as a commemorative title for the series’ fifth anniversary; and not only that, but we’re also thinking of something that will further surprise fans as we go forward,” says Yoshimura. “I can’t say much about it, but I hope that we can surprise fans sometime during the fifth anniversary.”

Yasumi

Banned
Oh look, more reasons on why you don't need to own a PS4, especially so in the East.
Just buy a Vita kids!

fedexpeon

Banned
Vita is a legendary device with its great PS lineage and a legacy of surviving its own murder 3 times.
What a legend, it can't die.

Mentok

Banned
As a fan of MH, I've been dying to try this series and am hoping it makes it's way out west. That being said, I doubt it will happen.

kewlmyc

We'll probably get anything but the actual games. Collaborations, anime, cameo appearances etc. Convincing Namco to localize a game is tougher than convincing Nintendo.

Maybe 5 years ago, but considering all the stuff they've been localizing as of late (we got J-Stars Victory VS for crying out loud, plus two SAO games), it's baffling that Namco hasn't announced a God Eater 2 localization.

Maybe 5 years ago, but considering all the stuff they've been localizing as of late (we got J-Stars Victory VS for crying out loud, plus two SAO games), it's baffling that Namco hasn't announced a God Eater 2 localization.

Don't forget Extreme Butoden

Chunky

meh monster hunter is better

Well, Monster Hunter's better than most of its peers, doesn't stop them offering their own take on things. I know these games demand a lot of time, but don't just discount all the excellent work going on in this genre.

RK128

We'll probably get anything but the actual games. Collaborations, anime, cameo appearances etc. Convincing Namco to localize a game is tougher than convincing Nintendo.

Considering we got Digimon CS coming over, I have no doubt that the God Eater series will make their way to the west next year :). I mean, we have a ton of hints at this happening:
-The anime is airing soon
-Cross-Overs with the Hyper Dimension Victory II (Original GE Inspired Character), SAO: Lost Song (Costumes for Kirtro and Asuna) and Project X Zone 2 (playable characters); both west bound products
-Trademark in EU
-English Subtitles in Trailers
-Other Bamco Games being localized (Digimon CS for example) and the success of there Vita products (SAO series, One Piece World Red, ect)

A lot is hinting at God Eater coming to the West, so I feel like one of the following will happen in the next few months:
-God Eater Resurrection comes over first to link-up with the anime (as that 'loosely' is inspired by the original game)
-God Eater 2 RB is announced for the west after a few episodes of the anime airs/when the first episode airs with a trailer or press release
-Surprise announcement at the PSX, Paris Games Show or Gamescom to show off Bamco's upcoming 2016 line-up, which looks like this as of now: Digmon early 2016 and SAO's third game coming sometime next year (Hallow Fragment sequel started development after Hallow Fragment released I believe; Lost Song was made by a different team).

kuroshiki

Considering we got Digimon CS coming over, I have no doubt that the God Eater series will make their way to the west next year :). I mean, we have a ton of hints at this happening:
-Cross-Overs with the Hyper Dimension Victory II (Original GE Inspired Character), SAO: Lost Song (Costumes for Kirtro and Asuna) and Project X Zone 2 (playable characters); both west bound products
-Trademark in EU
-Other Bamco Games being localized (Digimon CS for example) and the success of there Vita products (SAO series, One Piece World Red, ect)

A lot is hinting at God Eater coming to the West, so I feel like one of the following will happen in the next few months:
-God Eater Resurrection comes over first to link-up with the anime (as that 'loosely' is inspired by the original game)
-God Eater 2 RB is announced for the west after a few episodes of the anime airs/when the first episode airs with a trailer or press release
-Surprise announcement at the PSX, Paris Games Show or Gamescom to show off Bamco's upcoming 2016 line-up, which looks like this as of now: Digmon early 2016 and SAO's third game coming sometime next year (Hallow Fragment sequel started development after Hallow Fragment released I believe; Lost Song was made by a different team).

So if GE doesn't come over to west at all I will personally held you responsible.

no I'm not. I'm just kidding. Please please please give us GE2 namco. T_T

-Trademark in EU

The anime is supposed to (lol) start airing this month so that kinda puts the whole they'll release Resurrection out first point moot. :p

If anything, AX, would have been the perfect time to actually announce a localization. The anime was getting its first airing during the event, Bamco had a lot of attention over what they would be announcing, just seems like the best time to announce it.

Of course, none of that actually happened, so lol

RK128

The anime is supposed to (lol) start airing this month so that kinda puts the whole they'll release Resurrection out first point moot. :p

If anything, AX, would have been the perfect time to actually announce a localization. The anime was getting its first airing during the event, Bamco had a lot of attention over what they would be announcing, just seems like the best time to announce it.

Of course, none of that actually happened, so lol

I just made guesses and suggestions, so I'm surprised few few of them link up :l. Still a bit sour on them not announcing the localization at the AX but considering how good they are to the Vita (Digimon CS, Tales of Hearts R, SAO: Hallow Fragment, SAO: Lost Song, Jump Stars, ect), I can't be mad at them for not announcing it.

Just hope they announce it at some point though :l.

Fisico

The anime was getting its first airing during the event

Which it didn't have in the end because the anime is in production hell and they just showed the old God Eater special done years ago instead.

EDIT : Small mistake, Anime Expo only had the incomplete opening, it was one of the TV channel broadcasting the God Eater Anime that aired the old OVA instead of the first episode lol

Which it didn't have in the end because the anime is in production hell and they just showed the old God Eater special done years ago instead.

pretty much

despite making it sound like the west was finally getting a new god eater game from all the teases and announced panels, it ended up being one giant dud

kuroshiki

Well I can still wait. If it releases sometime in 2016 I will be happy.

Vita 2016 already has

Digimon
Tokyo xanadu
YS (new)
Zero escape 3
New atelier series

So yeah. I can wait. If Koei decides they want to release Toukiden 2 (which hope it happens) then all the better.

Top Bottom