• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc System Works USA teases a fighting game coming to Steam on Twitter

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
For reference...

V13NPNL.jpg

CIc47_OW8AAJWQ5.png:large

The curves to the upper corners match, it's the UI warped in the teaser. So, Battle Fantasia.

Tizoc

Aw yiss Battle Fantasia.
Been wanting to get it again so I'll get it on Steam =3

Would've liked it to be UNIB though

Kumubou

scraps for ye all
Pretty much. As for that quote from the ArcSys developer on the Steam forums:

I do have absolute confidence that the surprise project will bring joy to many, despite not being Xrd nor BBCPEX. But, it's still pretty early in its phase, so it will have to be a pretty long wait.

Yeah, I don't know how many people are going to be joyful over a Battle Fantasia port. They would need to do a lot of balance work and completely rewrite the online functionality to even have a shot at having people care. It's kind of disappointing -- it's one of those games that looks a lot more interesting than it actually is.

There's a near but not completely zero chance that this isn't a straight port, which would take the game from disappointing to weird.

Saikyo

I can see this port selling badly and ASW not bothering to port other games...

Well, time to hype emulation if we want NEW arc system games on pc : \

Tizoc

they have actually given pc 0 games to care about.

Guilty Gear XX AC+R?
Has good netcode too.

Baby steps mate, baby steps.

Also who is the character in the middle? I saw a video with all supers in the game and it looks like non of the characters' supers @_@

K.Sabot

Guilty Gear XX AC+R?
Has good netcode too.

Baby steps mate, baby steps.

Also who is the character in the middle? I saw a video with all supers in the game and it looks like non of the characters' supers @_@

they've been taking baby steps for years, they're like 3 years behind on giving people what they want.

i love +R but I wasn't exactly excited to buy that game for the 4th time.

All the Battle Fantasia salt here.....

I just hope they improved the online somehow ( yeah yeah I know.....)

I miss using Olivia and Ashley. Also you can tell people never learned/mastered the parry system by how they complain about the final boss.

Tagyhag

Well...Silver lining is that the game now has a platform where it will always live on.

...I'm pretty ruffled about it not being P4A though.

Oh well, there's always next time!

epmode

What's the point of skipping the game they know people want to play? Start with your biggest guns and release the smaller stuff to your new audience.

Ugh, that's Deathbringer all right

It better have some overhauled stuff because otherwise I'm not bothering.
So is this game...good? From what I'm seeing on random little tidbits of videos it doesn't look very fun.
Imagine if Gameloft made a Street Fighter rip off

Battle Fantasia would be as good as that

Tizoc

What's the point of skipping the game they know people want to play? Start with your biggest guns and release the smaller stuff to your new audience.

Far as GG Xrd is concerned, they're better off releasing Revelator in 2016 along with console release.

FluxWaveZ

Explain how the slash effects in the teaser shot look 99% identical to the ones made by Sho and Adachi etc in P4.

Shini's quote on the Steam forums also makes more sense for P4 than any of their other games that are not BBCPEX or Xrd.

They look nothing alike. And Shini's quote only means P4 if that's what you really want it to be and how you want to look at the quote, even though it's the vaguest shit.

I think people risk becoming salty because P4A may get to Steam before a legit Persona or SMT RPG does.

On a side note, Square Enix have a history of distributing Persona games in Europe, and there's a rumour that 5 will be too. ASW USA may have worked a similar deal.

I think people risk becoming salty because P4A won't get to Steam than what you're saying.

This isn't how Atlus works. It'd be laughable for a company like ASW to tease one of their projects like that.

s_mirage

I don't get it; BF's ~7 years old and not very well liked. Why choose that as a game to port when there's more demand for virtually any other ASW game?

Better than nothing, but such a weird choice.

low-G

Page 1: "IT'S HAPPENING"
Page 5: Price is Right losing song

Too bad, Xrd is the one game is existence that would scale with resolution perfectly. (Not that is really needs it)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Guilty Gear XX AC+R?

Yes.

Has good netcode too.

LMAO NO.

I don't get it; BF's ~7 years old and not very well liked. Why choose that as a game to port when there's more demand for virtually any other ASW game?

Might as well put it out there for potential long-term sales. Maybe get a second wind on PC. But yeah, I'd be more interested in P4U2 and GG:XXX personally.

Tagyhag

Objectively yes, but I feel like this is going to hurt their PR. People hate being teased like this when it's an underwhelming result.

Top Bottom