• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arc System Works USA teases a fighting game coming to Steam on Twitter

Nyoro SF

:(

I don't have anything in particular against Battle Fantasia having never played it, but the reception around the game was not good the last I heard.

I love BF. Hope it does better on Steam than it did on 360. Wasn't NPD like 3,500?

Should I even bother asking how it did on PS3?

Seriously though, game is nice, I stopped playing it cause of NO ONLINE. (it had....but might as well not call it that at all)

Its baby steps guys....they are bringing most of their games on PC little by little. Xrd will eventually come out so dont worry about that one. Uniel is the one you have to worry about though..... ;-;

Grief.exe

Guilty Gear XX AC+R?
Has good netcode too.

Baby steps mate, baby steps.

Also who is the character in the middle? I saw a video with all supers in the game and it looks like non of the characters' supers @_@

AC+R best Arc Sys port? I'll check it out for fun sometime.

『Inaba Resident』;170014886 said:
You guys should probably wait until they actually announce something before going all "FUCK YOU ARC SYS". You never know how many games they could announce.

We really to this to ourselves.

We go all in on Persona or Xrd hype train than disappointed when they don't meet our frankly ridiculous expectations.

This is the fighting game equivalent of your mom telling you she's got a cool surprise for you when you get home from school

Then when you get home, she hits you in the face with a shovel

Hubb

We go all in on Persona or Xrd hype train than disappointed when they don't meet our frankly ridiculous expectations.

Meh, they said it was something fans have been asking for. Their may be a large group of people asking for BF, I just haven't seen any commotion for it.

shaowebb

Wait...it WAS Battle Fantasia?!

AWESOME!
Learn ya some heat combos and invest in more playing of Ashley!

POO0EHh.jpg

^ Dude is a hilarious over the top take on the whole Bishounen thing in anime. His moveset is posing like mad trying to be pretty, he has counters where he sweeps you off your feet and he starts the match by unzipping down to his dong. Dude is ridiculous and has a really awesome Heat mode with his Ken the eagle style 8 way dash attacks being chainable. Tons of fun guys. Lots of comedic and amazing characters in this game including...

-bunny mage
-childknights with twostroke engine lances
-cowboy that arches like they came from Jojo and dresses like the lovechild of Candlejack
-girl that look like they are a tribute to day of the dead sugar skulls and voodoo
-waitress
-church boys
-jolly old steampunk viking
- pirate

I wonder if the infinite is still in?

When XXAC+R exists who cares about Xrd? Feels like two steps back, graphics aside.

1: Xrd is the newest game, of course people are going to want to play it
2: Putting graphics aside isn't really fair, that's a huge draw to the game and it's an absolute stunner
3: Xrd is still fucking incredible
4: It'll sell better

ArjanN

AC+R best Arc Sys port? I'll check it out for fun sometime.

Give it a try, it's really good.

Grief.exe said:

Eh, I'm not really disappointed, because the more fighting games on PC the better, and their other stuff will come eventually anyway.

1: Xrd is the newest game, of course people are going to want to play it
2: Putting graphics aside isn't really fair, that's a huge draw to the game and it's an absolute stunner
3: Xrd is still fucking incredible
4: It'll sell better

People also tend to overlook that XXAC+R is the Nth iteration of that game, while Xrd is just the first, they can still build on it a lot.

petran79

Banned
Shini:
But, it's still pretty early in its phase, so it will have to be a pretty long wait.

Hopefully even if it is Battle Fantasia, they'll patch the netcode and add something extra
Unlike with what SNK did with KOF98-2002UM

But I heard it was an underrated and unique fighter.

Keasar

Oh. Battle Fantasia.

That's...nice.

I mean its not bad but....comeon, everyone is constantly hoping for something else. :/

hitsugi

Whenever you believe you set your standards low enough to avoid disappointment, make sure you lower them 400% more from there.

Nyoro SF

See it bombing then ASW claiming fighting games dont sell on PC.

I never asked for this etc.

I did make a point about this in the Community forum though. I think what ASW does now on console is smart. Everyone knows them as the "Blazblue and Guilty Gear guys" and from that reputation you can push smaller titles on console as a publisher. That's part of the reason why UNIEL got a good push.

I think if you don't push forward with your big iconic title on PC first, you're not going to find much support for the little guys; everyone's just going to hold on and wait for you to unleash the dragon(s?).

If ArcSys is hyping the release, it won't be Persona.
Atlus releases PC games already.

Atlus USA publishes other companies work on PC. Big difference! Now Atlus Japan on the other hand...

RyudBoy

A) There's already DD fighting games.
B) A new DD fighting game would be great.
C) we already figured out it's Battle Fantasia.

I know there have already been DD fighting games and that was my point. They've all been shit. I'm not ruling out the possibility of making one that's actually good. I'd just rather get a traditional DD game instead.

But anyway, didn't know about Battle Fantasia so nvm!

alstein

『Inaba Resident』;170014886 said:
You guys should probably wait until they actually announce something before going all "FUCK YOU ARC SYS". You never know how many games they could announce.

I would be happy as hell if it was BF. It's the type of game that deserves a second chance.

It wasn't on console.

I'd argue that BF in some aspects, is kinda similar to Yatagarasu, unsure which game is better though.

nded

That's fine. Can't complain about more fighting games on PC.

I kind of hate Battle Fantasia's character designs and music though. It sounds like a bad Power Stone knockoff.

Tizoc

I ask again:
Who is the character in the middle of the stage in the recent screenshot? I don't recognize that as any of the playable cast in BF @_@

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait it WAS Battle Fantasia? lol I was right
even if I was semi-joking

not even mad tbh, one less reason to keep a 360

RM8

I watched some videos, I guess it looks okay. And it's a fighting game on PC, so it's not like I won't buy it :p

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Oh man the disappointment is real, I hope they won't say something like "if you want xrd or blazblue you better buy BF".

NEO0MJ

Oh man the disappointment is real, I hope they won't say something like "if you want xrd or blazblue you better buy BF".

You know they will.

I knew it wouldn't be Xrd. Buy a PS4/PS3 if you really want to play it. It's worth it.

I'm finding it so convenient to have all my fighters on PC. Right now the main function my PS3 has I to play Xrd and the sooner I can remove it from my setup to free space the better.

Dinjoralo

So... what's is going to be? I know it's BF, but is it going to just be a straight port, or will there be any balance changes made? I mean, this game did come out in 2008, I doubt they're just going to leave it untouched.

C-Sword

I would've preferred Xrd or Chaos Code, but I do have BF on the PS3, the game is not that bad, just a bit slow, might actually get it on PC at one point.

Heh, I thought at first it was a Twitter based fighter, which made me think of one of three things:

A typing of the dead style fighter
A fighter with 140 characters
Or
A fighter when each player has just 140 moves to win.

Honestly, that third one could be interesting. You'd have to not only manage meter, you'd have to keep a close eye on when and how you spend your attacks.

Top Bottom