• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

i meant mag beta access code with uncharted 2. i know they already gave out invites to apply but they said it will be done in phases. not everyone will get in at first.

oh come on, at least call the firmware 2.9... they won't skip numbers and IIRC they NEVER showed firmware-features on their PCs anyway.

prettyvacant77 said:
My bet would be the release of the Euro Video Store (finally!!!)

The official ps-blog already mentioned that the PAL Video Store will be presented at the Sony PC. IMO it even will be available directly after the conference because of the PSN maintenance.

Sirolf

1jm9gy.jpg

:D :D :D

SolidusDave said:
oh come on, at least call the firmware 2.9... they won't skip numbers and IIRC they NEVER showed firmware-features on their PCs anyway.

The official ps-blog already mentioned that the PAL Video Store will be presented at the Sony PC. IMO it even will be available directly after the conference because of the PSN maintenance.

Link?

jokes aside, that's a pretty clever way of ensuring you don't A: leak the price, or B: get the price wrong.

pretenses that a slim and a price drop aren't coming are dropped. they just don't want us to know exactly what that entails for a few hours.

HUELEN10 said:
Seriously, what is the possibility of the slim being available TODAY?

If anything it will be available for pre-order, today.

It was actually at retail stores ready for sale, you can bet that someone working in retail would have shown the world by now.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Burai said:
"The new PlayStation 3 is downloadable via microtransaction"

OH SHIT, SLIM UPGRADE VIA FW3.0 CONFIRMED

I can download a Slim PS3, sweeeeeeeeeeeet digital slims consoles ftw fuck all this console based consoles shit.

-x.Red.x-

I'm surprised that even the retails haven't leaked any official slim pics

what if the slim is COMPLETELY different and Sony just leaked those pics and video for the fun of it.

:D

Opus Angelorum said:
If anything it will be available for pre-order, today.

It was actually at retail stores ready for sale, you can bet that someone working in retail would have shown the world by now.
we didn't have any at our GameStop last night. i'm thinking firesale on existing stock and a relatively near release date for the slim.

HUELEN10

You know, while we've all been drooling over the slim, and over the possible price drops all-around and maybe even BC, it's occurred to me that there are 20GB units, broken of course, on eBay for like 90 bucks. Buy one of those, and pay SCEA 150 USD for a refurb swap, and you get a BC unit for less than 300 USD. Just saying is all.

I wouldn't do it though, as the possibility of having a loud unit haunts me to this day...

onken

Even if they were going to announce PS2 titles on the store, sounds like the sort of thing they'd save for TGS. I reeeeeeally don't expect to see anything of the sort today.

kittel

HUELEN10 said:
You know, while we've all been drooling over the slim, and over the possible price drops all-around and maybe even BC, it's occurred to me that there are 20GB units, broken of course, on eBay for like 90 bucks. Buy one of those, and pay SCEA 150 USD for a refurb swap, and you get a BC unit for less than 300 USD. Just saying is all.

I wouldn't do it though, as the possibility of having a loud unit haunts me to this day...

My 20GB is loud as fuck when playing Blu-rays. I'm going to pre-order this tomorrow after it's announced.

HUELEN10 said:
If they were like apple, the things would be shipping to stores today, that is if they aren't there already! :D

If they were like Apple, the PSStore would be closed for four hours everytime they add content or change the color scheme. :D

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
onken said:
Even if they were going to announce PS2 titles on the store, sounds like the sort of thing they'd save for TGS. I reeeeeeally don't expect to see anything of the sort today.

I don't know, I could see then do a heavy Firmware/Console related push at GamesCon this year - Price drop, hardware redesign, firmware upgrade and new store/network features - with some games here and there to please the Euro crowd. And then at TGS just refocus on titles to go with that, with a "With our new low price, here are some great games!" being the theme. And maybe all the games are JRPG's of varying subgenres.

Well okay, so may this happened in a
wet
dream of mine, but it could still happen!

satriales

HUELEN10 said:

You don't even need to pay Sony 150USD. Most YLOD PS3's can be fixed quite easily by following a guide on youtube. I fixed mine myself when it died about a week ago.

Carl

Oh shit i managed to get to stay at home :D Was hoping there would be major leakage by now, from their rehersal or something :p

4 hours till Judgement :p

HUELEN10

somuchwater said:
The Kmart ad has changed - now links to a preorder page with no picture and no price.

Edit: Nope. Two. Ninety. Nine.
900jl1.png

HOLY FUCK 299?
A Blu-Ray player is 100 USD at Walmart, so this is essentially a 200 USD gaming console? Wait to price it SCEA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom