• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shai39

Neo Member
If the slim is going to be coming out or just speculation on it, then most likely sony will announce it at TGS next month.

Gotta love being in japan

plasmasd

Oh man, that kmart site is hilarious. It would be even better if the Slim is fake and the kmart site was hacked. If it was hacked, I'll get a ton of hate on my PS3 Slim render videos and Slim commercial if it turns out it isn't real. At this point though, seems confirmed.

theluma said:
And have you tried a DS3? They are a lot heavier than the Sixaxis ones (which admittedly were pretty damn bad).
Yep, it's good. Just hoping for like a "pro" controller or something.
onken said:
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. The 360 controller is fucking awful.
Sorry duder. Disagreed with everything but the D-pad, sorry. I loved the PS2 controller in it's day, but I don't know after the Wavebird and 360 controller I like a big girl nowadays.

The asymmetrical sticks one of the best things about it. It's an evolution of the N64 setup and a refined Wavebird, which I liked a lot.

Phreak47

Shai39 said:
If the slim is going to be coming out or just speculation on it, then most likely sony will announce it at TGS next month.

Gotta love not being the one that said this.

Gravijah

Shai39 said:

Turn in your samurai sword, friend. It's over.

HUELEN10

WinFonda said:
Confirmed by K-mart? That's anticlimactic..
vh43d5.gif

Phreak47 said:
Gotta love not being the one that said this.
:D

So just be sure, is this the accurate timetable?

18:30 – 20:30 CET
16:30 – 18:30 GMT
17:30 – 19:30 BST
09:30 – 11:30 PDT
12:30 – 14:30 EDT

deepbrown

onken said:
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. The 360 controller is fucking awful.

-rounded face buttons
-horrid clicky buffers
-asymmetrical sticks
-too big generally
-terrible d-pad

Bleh.
Woah, slow down...

I would be surprised if the Slim was introduced at $299. I can see Sony reducing the price of the older consoles, but I have my doubts about the Slim being $299 at this point. Who knows though? If they could get their PS3's down to $299 by Christmas, that could be a tremendous threat to the competition and help close the gap.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Flek said:
i do believe in th ps3 slim but i dont believe sony will show it today...it would be the biggest thing they ever showed @gc ... they NEVER announced something this big there

:lol :lol :lol

Yes, Sony want two months with no PS3s in retail channels. Out of some sort of fucked up principle of game trade show hierarchy.

onken

Buckethead said:
Yep, it's good. Just hoping for like a "pro" controller or something.

Sorry duder. Disagreed with everything but the D-pad, sorry. I loved the PS2 controller in it's day, but I don't know after the Wavebird and 360 controller I like a big girl nowadays.

The asymmetrical sticks one of the best things about it. It's an evolution of the N64 setup and a refined Wavebird, which I liked a lot.

Meh, different strokes.

Shai39 said:
ooh my bad I didn't feel like skimming through 160+ pages posts.

The last ONE page would have been enough, but by all means carry on feeling all hard-done-by.

HUELEN10 said:
Well, we still don't know, even with the kmart thing, if the slim will be 400 USD or 300 USD. Just a matter of hours now!
I don't care if it's a $300 Slim or Phat, at $300 I think I'll finally let myself buy a PS3. If it's the Slim then cool cause it looks cooler, but either way $150 for a Blu-Ray player and $150 for a game machine, that's about right. I'd live it to be $250 but that's just not gonna happen.

Xater

Flek said:
i do believe in th ps3 slim but i dont believe sony will show it today...it would be the biggest thing they ever showed @gc ... they NEVER announced something this big there

Maybe publishers realized that Gamescom is apretty big thing? Sony also doesn't bring out Kaz Hirai if they have nothing big to announce.

davygee

Banned
Rhazer Fusion said:
I would be surprised if the Slim was introduced at $299. I can see Sony reducing the price of the older consoles, but I have my doubts about the Slim being $299 at this point. Who knows though? If they could get their PS3's down to $299 by Christmas, that could be a tremendous threat to the competition and help close the gap.

Yeah, my thoughts as well.

I reckon the Slim will come in at the higher price with the 80Gb model being the cheaper $299 model and the 160Gb model being the normal $399 price. Maybe the Slim will come in at $399.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
So lets see what the hype train in carrying....

PS3 Phat Price cut.
PS3 Slim announced at lower price point to current sku's.
PSP Go Price cut (lol)
PS2 Back compat with a host of PS2 games available on the PSN store.
FW 3.0 with a host of amazing features including cross gamer chat.

Chooooo fucking Choooooo !!!

deepbrown

lowrider007 said:

PS3 Phat Price cut.
PSP Go Price cut (lol)

Sigh, you're going to be disappointed.

shinshero

micromagic said:
Seems a little bit strange that Kmart would advertise the old (current) PS3 alongside the slogan 'a new exciting PS3'. Why wouldn't they just wait and put up a picture of the new PS3?!

Maybe they don't have pics of it yet. :D

Xater

lowrider007 said:

PS3 Phat Price cut.
PSP Go Price cut (lol)

You are crazy. I am only expecting the price cut and the slim for the current price.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Xater said:
Maybe publishers realized that Gamescom is apretty big thing? Sony also doesn't bring out Kaz Hirai if they have nothing big to announce.

It isn't really about it being a really big thing. It's about Sony having a console to relaunch in September and this being the best place to announce that.

Shit, some of you people need to get a grip when it comes to these trade shows. Do some of you honestly think that Sony would delay releasing something a month, losing out on sales just so they could "win" TGS?

These aren't contests. You're not supposed to be cheering from the fucking sidelines.

lowrider007

Xater said:
You are crazy. I am only expecting the price cut and the slim for the current price.

Dude I'm not saying I believe all that is going to happen but it's on the train nevertheless.

Crisis said:
Well well. It's finally confirmed. How anticlimatic that it's confirmed by Kmart of all companies.

And then you click "learn more" and it's the same old PS3s with the same old prices. People unaware are gonna wonder what the heck K-mart is talking about.

reakt

XxBigP123xX said:
I expect Kaz Hirai to walk on stage and pull the PS3 slim out of his pants.
Or out of a manilla envelope, somewhat thicker than the one that Steve Jobs pulled a MacBook Air out of.

Michan

CurlySaysX said:
Does it come with a redesigned hdmi port similar to the totally awsome and perfect x360? Sorry for bitching im just totally xbox.
The HDMI port will be "similar" in that it outputs an HDMI signal, I imagine.

Oh my god. Fucking Kmart were the ones to finally confirm this beyond a shadow of a doubt?! :lol That is fucking hilarious.

I wonder if the whole 'exciting new Playstation 3' is how Sony have been selling this to their partners - kinda' like a relaunch of some sort.

Crisis

Banned
CurlySaysX said:
Does it come with a redesigned hdmi port similar to the totally awsome and perfect x360? Sorry for bitching im just totally xbox.

wtf? What do you mean "redesigned" HDMI port? And you're an Xbox?

abrasion

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Dude I'm not saying I believe all that is going to happen but it's on the train nevertheless.

It's not 'on the train' at all, unless you're a 9/11 conspirist or a chemtrails believer.
The rational people think the slim and a price drop seem to be quite possible at this point but re-adding backwards compatibility? Hopeful posts from forum kiddies, we'd all like it but it's so, so not going to happen.

abrasion

Banned
Crisis said:
wtf? What do you mean "redesigned" HDMI port? And you're an Xbox?

I think ... think that maybe he's taking the piss at Microsoft, when they added the HDMI port it was effectively useless (or expensive!) for people to use HDMI and optical - just a guess :/

lowrider007

abrasion said:
It's not 'on the train' at all, unless you're a 9/11 conspirist or a chemtrails believer.
The rational people think the slim and a price drop seem to be quite possible at this point but re-adding backwards compatibility? Hopeful posts from forum kiddies, we'd all like it but it's so, so not going to happen.

Chillix dude, it wasn't a serious post, I was just reiterating some of the crazy claims that have been in the thread that's all, just a bit of fun., now calm your jnr ass down please.

EDIT -

And I forgot to add the EU video store to that list :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom