• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamieson87 said:
On my way home from work I seen my local GAME store putting up pre order posters for gt5. It mentions a release date of 25th September.

They looked like faxes, maybe just faxed from head office?

May mean nothing but I'm sure GAME are in the loop.

If true, this has some substance.

-Amon-

amar212 said:
Trust me, I'm probably the last person you can call as being pleased.

But all those negativity aimed at my posts overthere at GTP after this "no-show-GT5" - despite my only intention in all this years being to provide the best and coherent info available regarding GT series - is making me feeling tragicomical.

So that is why the smiley is there.

Now that smiley has another meaning.

Let's put it this way... you can only be angry about something you really care about.

Providing news about ( insert shitty game of choice here ) for years is much for safer than doing it for GT5 :)

theignoramus said:
Both franchises offer different things, both aim for different experiences.
PD love cars. They love to drive cars. They want the class and artistry of these cars put into your hands.
The competition wants you feeling the adrenaline and intensity and balls to the wall feeling of a race. They love to race cars.

They both scratch a different itch. although with PD getting and NASCAR and WRC license, it seems like they (finally) want to make their games more like racing simulators.

How do the scratch different itches? They both are trying to be the ultimate racing game. There is not some drastic difference in the way each game handles racing. And if the comp loves to race cars why haven't they expanded there cars per race? To put it bluntly, if GT5 delivers on all the things we hope, the comps game would be a step down in terms of content. So then it would all come down to which game you feel plays better. If that other game plays so much better even with the lack of content then I would buy that game. But the two games are both really good when it comes to the actual driving model for me to warrant getting both.

BeeDog

Nah, lost any shred of hope I've had. GT5 will be a complete no-show at gamescom. Worthless showing of Sony, bla bla bla etc. etc.

/conference-gameshow pessimist

Anyway, what exactly about the GT stands video made people believe it would be shown? I don't remember anything in the video that made me realize "wow, this must be filmed at gamescom". Maybe it's just a video of some older trade show where GT5:p appeared? (can't double check now)

sportzhead:GT is a driving simulator. Previous GT were trying to be the ultimate driving simulators, GT has always marketed itself as the ultimate driving game.
Forza is a racing simulator and always has been. That distinction is apparent right down to the most minor things.

Issun23

Only two games were shown during the conference. Was GOW3 mentioned? Ratchet? MAG? Media for these games will be coming in the next few days, along with new announcements and details. Just look around, new LBP and Jak PSP shots, Heavy Rain screens and art... it's all coming out now. GT5 media will follow if it's there. The no-show at the conference means nothing. Prologue was shown at a separate presentation too.

Psychotext said:
Fair enough. BTW, based on your post I'd suggest you've already decided what you want to buy. :lol

[Edit - Fuck this shit (at twitter post above) ]

True, if PD comes through. If they try to make me grind it out like I'm a shoes shiner to play the game how I'd like we have a problem. I'm not say I wouldn't play that other game, I just wouldn't need to buy it.

Issun23 said:
Only two games were shown during the conference. Was GOW3 mentioned? Ratchet? MAG? Media for these games will be coming in the next few days, along with new announcements and details. Just look around, new LBP and Jak PSP shots, Heavy Rain screens and art... it's all coming out now. GT5 media will follow if it's there. The no-show at the conference means nothing. Prologue was shown at a separate presentation too.

Exactly. The press conference seemed to be largely focused on new features for the PS3 and PSP and the introduction of the PS3 slim. We know that GT PSP is there and that was only mentioned in the press conference when they mentioned that you get it for free when you buy a PSP go. So I say give it a few hours, if nothing comes up then all that means is to check mark TGS, as Kaz was hyping that quite a bit when he came out to introduce the PS3 slim.

Shiggy

BeeDog said:
Nah, lost any shred of hope I've had. GT5 will be a complete no-show at gamescom. Worthless showing of Sony, bla bla bla etc. etc.

/conference-gameshow pessimist

Anyway, what exactly about the GT stands video made people believe it would be shown? I don't remember anything in the video that made me realize "wow, this must be filmed at gamescom". Maybe it's just a video of some older trade show where GT5:p appeared? (can't double check now)

Its releasedate.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
jamieson87 said:
On my way home from work I seen my local GAME store putting up pre order posters for gt5. It mentions a release date of 25th September.

tgs is on the 24 that would make for a crazy announcement to realase on the next day:D hopefully GAME isnt toying with us!

spwolf

jamieson87 said:

really... TGS... would not suprise me at all :lol

THE:MILKMAN

Could it be possible that gt5 is bundled with the slim in na/eu with a standalone release later?

Far fetched...........but you never know.

Issun23

I think everyone would agree that Sony will absolutely bundle GT5 with anything it can. If there were PlayStation-branded biscuits, you could be sure that GT5 would be bundled with those as well. :lol

I know people who'll get a PS3 JUST for GT5. And I don't mean they'll get another game or two. They did it with the PS2 and PS1 and they'll do it again.

Issun23

YES, YES, YES!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d3499.html

nws12506063473568327.jpg

nws12506063474675442.jpg

DuckRacer

August 18, held in Cologne in Germany from "gamescom" at the Gran Turismo 5 has been announced for the latest information on game design.

以下に発表内容をご紹介します。 Here are the following announcement.

■収録車種・1,000車種・170種類のプレミアムモデル(内装、ダメージに対応) ■ Model 170 Model 1000 recording of premium models (interior, corresponding to the damage)
・830種類のスタンダードモデル(『グランツーリスモ 4』から引き継がれたモデルに互換性を持たせたもの) 830 kinds of standard model (the Gran Turismo 4 are compatible with models that have carried over from)

■収録コース・20コース以上・60以上のレイアウト ■ Course layout included 60 or more 20 or more courses

■車両の物理シミュレーション・一新された物理シミュレーション・車両の転倒を表現・ダメージ表現(衝突による変形を完全に再現) ■ expression represented a fall in vehicle damage physical simulation of the vehicle is new physics simulation (reproduced in full by the collision deformation)
・プリウス、インサイト、テスラといった最新のハイブリッドカー、電気自動車の挙動も忠実に再現 Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla, to faithfully reproduce the behavior of electric cars

■アーケードモード・シングルレース・2プレイヤーバトル Race 2: Battle ■ Single player Arcade mode

■GTモード・ワールドマップ・マイガレージ・カーディーラー・チューニングショップ(パーツ、タイヤ) My garage car dealer CHUNINGUSHOPPU ■ GT World Map mode (parts, tires)
・洗車・チャンピオンシップレース(シリーズ制、ポイントシステム) Championship race car wash (Series system, point system)
・ライセンステスト License Test

■オンライン・オープンロビー・テキスト/ボイスチャット・プライベートルーム・オンラインフォトアルバム・オンラインリプレイアルバム・YouTubeへのリプレイ出力 ■ Lobby Open Text Online / ONRAINFOTOARUBAMU ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU private voice chat room to YouTube replay output

■フォトモード・フォトドライブ(サーキット) ■ Photo Mode photo drive (circuit)
・フォトステージ(フォトモード専用ステージ) Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■グランツーリスモTV ■ Gran Turismo TV
・PSP®へのビデオ出力・プログレッシブダウンロード・ユーザーインタフェースの改良・連続再生 PSP ® playback PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO improved user interface for video output

■ミュージアム・『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』版から更なる情報の追加 ■ Museum of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, add more information

■サウンド・カスタムサウンドトラック(PS3に保存された楽曲の使用) ■ Sound Custom Soundtrack (PS3 save the use of the song)

■ユーザーインタフェース・『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』とデザインコンセプトは同一。 ■ User interface design for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same concept. アイコンはカラーに変更・フェイストラッキングによりコクピットカメラの移動が可能に(内装を立体的に確認可能) The icons can be moved by KOKUPITTOKAMERA face tracking changes in color (the interior in three dimensions can be confirmed)

DuckRacer said:
August 18, held in Cologne in Germany from "gamescom" at the Gran Turismo 5 has been announced for the latest information on game design.

以下に発表内容をご紹介します。 Here are the following announcement.

■収録車種・1,000車種・170種類のプレミアムモデル(内装、ダメージに対応) ■ Model 170 Model 1000 recording of premium models (interior, corresponding to the damage)
・830種類のスタンダードモデル(『グランツーリスモ 4』から引き継がれたモデルに互換性を持たせたもの) 830 kinds of standard model (the Gran Turismo 4 are compatible with models that have carried over from)

■収録コース・20コース以上・60以上のレイアウト ■ Course layout included 60 or more 20 or more courses

■車両の物理シミュレーション・一新された物理シミュレーション・車両の転倒を表現・ダメージ表現(衝突による変形を完全に再現) ■ expression represented a fall in vehicle damage physical simulation of the vehicle is new physics simulation (reproduced in full by the collision deformation)
・プリウス、インサイト、テスラといった最新のハイブリッドカー、電気自動車の挙動も忠実に再現 Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla, to faithfully reproduce the behavior of electric cars

■アーケードモード・シングルレース・2プレイヤーバトル Race 2: Battle ■ Single player Arcade mode

■GTモード・ワールドマップ・マイガレージ・カーディーラー・チューニングショップ(パーツ、タイヤ) My garage car dealer CHUNINGUSHOPPU ■ GT World Map mode (parts, tires)
・洗車・チャンピオンシップレース(シリーズ制、ポイントシステム) Championship race car wash (Series system, point system)
・ライセンステスト License Test

■オンライン・オープンロビー・テキスト/ボイスチャット・プライベートルーム・オンラインフォトアルバム・オンラインリプレイアルバム・YouTubeへのリプレイ出力 ■ Lobby Open Text Online / ONRAINFOTOARUBAMU ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU private voice chat room to YouTube replay output

■フォトモード・フォトドライブ(サーキット) ■ Photo Mode photo drive (circuit)
・フォトステージ(フォトモード専用ステージ) Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■グランツーリスモTV ■ Gran Turismo TV
・PSP®へのビデオ出力・プログレッシブダウンロード・ユーザーインタフェースの改良・連続再生 PSP ® playback PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO improved user interface for video output

■ミュージアム・『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』版から更なる情報の追加 ■ Museum of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, add more information

■サウンド・カスタムサウンドトラック(PS3に保存された楽曲の使用) ■ Sound Custom Soundtrack (PS3 save the use of the song)

■ユーザーインタフェース・『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』とデザインコンセプトは同一。 ■ User interface design for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same concept. アイコンはカラーに変更・フェイストラッキングによりコクピットカメラの移動が可能に(内装を立体的に確認可能) The icons can be moved by KOKUPITTOKAMERA face tracking changes in color (the interior in three dimensions can be confirmed)

Whoa whoa whoa what the fuuuuuuuuuuuckkckckckckkckc!!!!!!

Google translation from the page.

"Gamescom" Gran Turismo 5 at the latest, released in 2009 August 19

Here are the following announcement.

■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium model of the type (interior, corresponding to the damage)
830 kinds of standard model (the Gran Turismo 4 are compatible with models that have carried over from)

■ Recording Course
Layout of more than 60 courses with 20 or more

■ physical simulation of vehicle
Physical simulation is new
Represented a fall in vehicle
Damage representation (reproduced in full by the collision deformation)
Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla, to faithfully reproduce the behavior of electric cars

■ arcade mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
CHUNINGUSHOPPU (parts, tires)
Car Washes
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Lobby Open
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
ONRAINFOTOARUBAMU
ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU
YouTube to replay output

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP ®
PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO
Improved user interface
Continuous Play

■ Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, add more information

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (PS3 save the use of the song)

■ User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of KOKUPITTOKAMERA interface (confirmed in three dimensions can be furnished)

offshore

"170 Premium model of the type (interior, corresponding to the damage) "

Does that mean damage is on all the cars, but damage in the 170 can be witnessed in the cockpit cam as well?

alba

Little is the new Big
1000 cars, haha awesome :D

Need higher resolution picture of that menu so I can look at the new menu icons and put that in the next revision of my theme, OH YES! :D

Something about home? ジュー■アミ『Homeグツラーンスhotモ5プロロー』 versionグmoreなるからのadditional information

wtf silent megaton O_O

I guess those 170 vehicles are exclusively race vehicles as hinted years ago by Kaz.

1000 vehicles is insane though *bows*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom